Dilemma

booma

I am currently broke until I get paid next week. I have fifty baht in my bank account but cannot withdraw it as the machines only hold 100 notes and up. Now I wish to spend this measly amount on a packet of ciggies but 7-11 and shell garages, of all people do not accept visa electron, very frustrating! Does anyone know were I can make my purchase and use my card?

Thanks in advance.

B

I am currently broke until I get paid next week. I have fifty baht in my bank account but cannot withdraw it as the machines only hold 100 notes and up. Now I wish to spend this measly amount on a packet of ciggies but 7-11 and shell garages, of all people do not accept visa electron, very frustrating! Does anyone know were I can make my purchase and use my card?

Thanks in advance.

B

If it is a visa card use it at an ATM

Thanks in advance.

B

Not to kick someone in the stomach when they are down.....but you must have realized that you were running low on funds before your next pay day.....

and , if as you say, you are down to your last 50 baht, and have some days to go before payday, I think a lot more people would be inclined to help if you were thinking of looking for food with the last 50 baht, rather than where can I buy ciggies....

Wishing you good luck as not too many folks are posting replys to your request.

Thanks in advance.

B

If it is a visa card use it at an ATM

I suggest you read the post before you respond

Thanks in advance.

B

Not to kick someone in the stomach when they are down.....but you must have realized that you were running low on funds before your next pay day.....

and , if as you say, you are down to your last 50 baht, and have some days to go before payday, I think a lot more people would be inclined to help if you were thinking of looking for food with the last 50 baht, rather than where can I buy ciggies....

Thanks for your response. Food and drink are not a problem and I don't like the idea of asking for money to buy such shitty things

Wishing you good luck as not too many folks are posting replys to your request.

Use your bank book, go into a bank and fill out a withdrawal form to the amount of 50 ticals plus however many satang linger on your account.

(Can I bum you one in return for that advice?) :o

Might be better off buying a piece of rope for 50 baht and go find a tall tree. Climb to the upper branches, tie one end of the rope around a branch and the other end around your neck then jump making sure the rope is shorter than the distance between the branch and the ground less your height.

Use your bank book, go into a bank and fill out a withdrawal form to the amount of 50 ticals plus however many satang linger on your account.

(Can I bum you one in return for that advice?) :D

Might be better off buying a piece of rope for 50 baht and go find a tall tree. Climb to the upper branches, tie one end of the rope around a branch and the other end around your neck then jump making sure the rope is shorter than the distance between the branch and the ground less your height.

:o:D:D

Where is your compassion Bill ??

One other thing, the rope needs "to be strong enough" as well as the correct length wouldn't you say.

Edited by john b good

(Can I bum you one in return for that advice?) :D

:o:D:D

Where is your compassion Bill ??

One other thing, the rope needs "to be strong enough" as well as the correct length wouldn't you say.

I have no compassion for wan#ers Jay Bee Gee. You are right, I should have mentioned that the rope should be of adequate strength.

I have fifty baht in my bank account but cannot withdraw it as the machines only hold 100 notes and up.

Why don't you withdraw it directly from the bank (that is, from one of its bank tellers) rather than one of the ATMs?

He/she is probably too embarrassed Wrasse.

Sounds like your at the end of the road man. Your not a teacher by any chance are you?

On the theory that those who can, do, and those who can't, teach?

One thing I do very much like about Thai culture is the relative high social status it bestows upon teachers and the associated concept of bun khun between teacher and student. It is a shame the neo-sahibs enjoing the good life in Thailand are not able to appreciate this cultural aspect of Thai culture, although I doubt they are capable of appreciating much of anything apart from their own gluttony.

Now Johpa... lets be fair to both sides......

While I agree with what I think is your line of thought, I think we both know that there are some "teacher's" here, and mostly of a falang brand who have no right to be held in the same esteem as teachers who have gone the route and paid their dues.

There are too many who are milking the system and calling themselves teachers because they have paid for a TEFL or other and attended hardly any classes..... That mob are the ones giving the black eye to the true teacher.

There is nothing wrong with the specified TEFL or other classes provided it is used for true teaching and not for purpose of allowing one to stay here visa wise..... [and perhaps don't have enough money to get into the other 2 professions of stay, buying a bar, or Import/Export]

I think we both know those of which I speak..... Just being an English speaker does not qualify one to be an English Teacher.....

In this case , I think its them that can do and them that can't .... can't...

I mean this as a compliment to true English Teachers and I am sure that those that will post bitching about this post are not the true TEACHER.

:o