Visa jobs done through Chonburi agents

Hi, Did anybody use any visa agents in Chonburi before for visa jobs such as 1-year extension, etc? Are they reliable as we have to send our passports to them by mail? To my understanding, they can do the job much easier, faster and without having to go through unnecessary hurdles such as filling out Foreigner Information Sheet and so on. The only disadvantage is, of course, we have to pay more for their service. Is it worth it? Grateful if fellow expatriates could share your experiences.

Sending your passports to them by mail puts up a red flag. That indicates you will not be living where the application will be made. You must be living within the area of responsibility for the immigration office where you apply for an extension. 

Just for info, the last time i got a 30 day extension on my SETV, I was given that notification form and told to "fill it outside my offfice".

When I went to pick up my passport with my 30 day extension I was asked where was my information  sheet.

I  lied and said i was never given one, and no more questions were asked about that form.

It ended up in a wastebasket outside immigration near the men's  toilet.

For most people agents are a waste of money and can be unreliable. They are only really needed by those that can't meet the immigration requirements and need to somehow circumvent the system. Extensions of stay are easy to apply for once you know whats required, and the "Foreigner Information Sheet" is nothing to worry about.

33 minutes ago, thaitero said:

Times are changing. I would not use these shady operators any more.

From my reading, things are moving in the other direction.  Reports indicate that, in some areas, formerly simple procedures for extensions now require multiple trips to the office, with requests for 'one more thing' each time - seemingly as punishment for not using agents.

I do not recall recent problems at ChonBuri, so perhaps applicants are using agents which file in that office, because there is less resistance to providing extensions in this area. 

UJ is correct, of course, that applicants are supposed to use the office which serves the area in which they live.  Not doing so could lead to problems, later.  So if in a "problem area," either deal with the hassles, or find an agent in that area, and be sure the agent's process includes your appearance at the immigration office to receive your (valid) stamp.

Take care when obtaining visa out of your living area , eg  getting visa in Chonburi when you live away ( in in my case Phrachuap)

local offices are now refusing to 90 day reports

Change of staff and i have been advised now 90 report online or Chonburi regardless of home address here in Phrachuap