Phuket Airport new terminal opening this week

backstairs

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it a bit awkward dropping someone off at the International departures last week. You follow big signs so far around the parking structure then have to make a sharp right to change lanes by a little sign to follow along the west side of the structure, then all the way around again and up the ramp to end up at the drop-off area (which was relatively quiet).

On departing you follow around the building again then head for a ramp that goes nowhere (!) and round in front of the East side of the parking structure as you drop down.

One then has to turn left onto the dual carriageway and proceed down to the next u turn to head back south. Its a bit convoluted to say the least.

On 1/19/2017 at 8:50 AM, schlog said:

They closed now one shortcut with a security at the new terminal.

Main shortcut at gate 6 on arrival level is now the only legal option. At 8 am i was the only one there. 

Easy to find for the guys who don't like to wait 1h at departure level.

20170119_075225.jpg

I use gate 6 at arrival level also as drop off. Absolutely peasant. Park in front of gate 6 which has directly lift acess to check in level. No walking distance and no crazy up and down, left and right driving.

2 hours ago, schlog said:

I use gate 6 at arrival level also as drop off. Absolutely peasant. Park in front of gate 6 which has directly lift acess to check in level. No walking distance and no crazy up and down, left and right driving.

This is what I like about forums- useful first hand information!

• 2 months later...

Passed HKT immigration 3 times in the last weeks. It looks like they did their homework. Never had to wait more then 5 min and only friendly IO.

Yesterday tried a new way to pass customs without problems. Had like usually 15-20kg food and other stuff. This time i packed super stinky french cheese in my luggage. It really smells horrible but great taste. Smelling this they send me on my way without check and talking that this crazy foreigner must have stinky Bla Ra a lot in his lugguge.

Smilingly i passed quickly lol.

I returned from Singapore 2 weeks ago and the immigration lines had about 15 people waiting.

As i'm able to use the Thai line i don't know how long they had to wait but not to bad i think.

I only noticed that they still x-ray all luggage on arrival.

I was hoping that they would stop with that after a few months but unfortunately it doesn't look like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I arrived back on Wednesday night at 9pm.  8 Immigration counters were open and went through in 10 minutes.  After passing the custom X-ray check, I noticed a "foul" smell in the main course area.  Must be coming from the toilets.  I also noticed the Exit 3/4 has now become the main exit area (previously was Exit 1/2).