nationwide.co.uk online banking

alphason

As of today I can not get to nationwide.co.uk or onlinebanking.nationwide.co.uk using Firefox (48.0.2), just get 'the connection has timed out screen' it last worked on Saturday with no problems. I can still an have today logged into the site using the same pc via Edge browser.. Nationwide say there is nothing wrong it should work it must be my PC, But I have done a full avast virus scan and then did malwarebytes scan, cleaned cookies and cache,  ran ccleaner, reset the router but nothing makes any difference. Obviously not my isp as can reach it with other browsers, is there anything else I should / could be checking.

The only thing thats changed on my pc since saturday is i removed the ZEN Mate VPN app from the browser, I dont use it much but I noticed I kept getting the message 'you're using zen mate free' in random fields, eg on a field in paypal it just popped up out of nowhere which was strange so I removed it this morning. I got this message even if  traffic was not going though the VPN just going through my normal isp.

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Lite Beer said:

Works for me on Chrome.

Thanks, didn't try in chrome but it worked in Microsoft Edge.

After spending ages doing all kinds of things, I have now found the problem...

After I uninstalled Zen Mate I installed DotVPN Firefox app, but had not got around to trying it yet,  even though it was not switched on I went and disabled it to see if made any difference, it didn't, so I kept it disabled and cleared cookies and cache again and restarted, now Nationwide is back. To prove it was this I enabled it again and straight away nationwide was blocked until I went through the clean and restart again. Not sure why it was only this site and also why it was blocked when it was not even switched on?

3 hours ago, Crossy said:

Works ok for me in Firefox 48.0.2

Yes thanks, Still working for me if DotVPN app is disabled and not just switched off  so traffic should is not running through the VPN, but for some reason it blocks nationwide, and as far as I can see Nationwide only ??)