University defends student was not forced to dip into waste water treatment pond

webfact

University defends student was not forced to dip into waste water treatment pond

58_Nisit-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A university freshman who was earlier reported to be in coma from lung infection after being forced to swim in waste water treatment pond has regained consciousness and is free from infection.

Meanwhile, dean of the International Commercial Maritime Faculty of Kasetsart University’s Si Racha campus, in Chon Buri, Professor Nirut Hongprasit told the media on Monday that the victim, Chokechai Thongnuakhao or Boss, was not forced to swim in the pond and the water in the pond is not waste water as mistakenly reported in the social and mainstream media, but a pond that is used to contain rain water.

He denied that there was a hazing activity, but the victim together with his classmates were taken to the pond to wash themselves after having finished a group’s activity at a soft ball field.

He, however, assured that the university would take full responsibility of the incident and would take care of all the medical expenses incurred in the treatment of the victim.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/university-defends-student-not-forced-dip-waste-water-treatment-pond/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-09-13

If Dean Hongprasit is to be believed, it would seem that there are no showers at Kasetsart University's Si Racha campus (so students have to wash in ponds).

According to Hongprasit, absolutely nothing untoward was done, YET he assures us that "...the university would take full responsibility... in the treatment of the victim"!

Ah well a happy ending, looks like he will be up and about in no time! Do these people think we are stupid (rhetorical).

"Chon Buri hospital director Dr Chutidet Tab-ongkharak said that the victim has regained consciously, free from lung and brain infection and can now move his hands although he still needs respirator and sleeping pills and anti-biotics medication."

Again you can only laugh and shake your head at the lies and stupidity being put forth here. Having seen the pond in question, what person (sane or otherwise) would "wash" themselves in disgusting brown water rather, than say, a shower. I wonder who is swallowing these bullshit stories. The stories which are all varying are simply not credible.
A lot of the Thais I know are outraged by it. The KU guys are making a real bulls ear of a cover up here also. The BP reports they're even giving counseling to the senior students who were directly involved in the incident.  A disgrace

Would have been a better press conference if the University directors/spokesmen were shown bathing in the waste pond as part of the spin. Just to show everyone that it was common and safe practice that is done all the time at their school, nothing unusual at all folks.

7 hours ago, seahorse said:

Weasel words.

Its the same deny deny deny. Thai's are nice people till there is an "incident" then the Mr. Hyde part kicks in. In a traffic accident it can go from "Sorry Mister my fault" to when the police arrive and then the story goes south. 

goes to show how pathetic the leaders are in these universities when face becomes more important than students well being and their lives, the govt needs to do investigations on these places/boards and take their licences if found they are not doing the right thing by the students or allowing this type of accident/hazing to even happen.

"Oh...it was just a joke? You mean, I don't have to get into that stinking pool of mosquito infested water? Aaaaaah...what the hell! I am gonna be a good sport and do it anyways! And to make it more fun: I take some gulps of it as well!"