Good places to eat in/near Don Chan & Tha Sala

stament

I assume you have transportation. We have favorite place outside of BoSang called Baw Goong Ban Suan "Garden Home Shrimp Pond." Here are the map coordinates: 18.790348,99.044345

The deal there is, you get a kilo of shrimp cooked three ways, that is, three dishes. It's a lot of food, so go with 4-5 people.

Yang Pow Dtow Din is nice for Thai food and in your area. It is on the opposite side of the road to Promenada. Coming from Don Jan, Prom on your left hand side, do a u turn at the traffic lights and stick to the left of the road, take the first left you can, it is a small dirt track. Follow this to the end and turn left and you are there. 

3 minutes ago, stament said:

Many thanks for the useful contributions. I will endeavour to visit them all and feedback.

Tomorrow I am going to the famous CEC breakfast for the first time, really looking forward to it ;-)

You'll have to PM with all the details:thumbsup: 

11 hours ago, RoastBeef said:

Yang Pow Dtow Din is nice for Thai food and in your area. It is on the opposite side of the road to Promenada. Coming from Don Jan, Prom on your left hand side, do a u turn at the traffic lights and stick to the left of the road, take the first left you can, it is a small dirt track. Follow this to the end and turn left and you are there. 

When you say coming from Don Chan do you mean the 700 year old road or just off the superhighway turning from Big C/flyover road as both would mean Promenada is on my left when I arrive at the cross-roads :ermm:

Don Chan.png

41 minutes ago, stament said:

When you say coming from Don Chan do you mean the 700 year old road or just off the superhighway turning from Big C/flyover road as both would mean Promenada is on my left when I arrive at the cross-roads :ermm:

Edited by Paul Catton
map didn't load

18 minutes ago, stament said:

http://www.implaphao.com/home/recommend.php

Get Mrs Stament to translate the site for you

2 minutes ago, stament said:

Your IT skills are impressive.... I know exactly where you mean now.

Might or might not be the same place RoastBeef has described but sure fits the bill location wise in that quadrant, Menu pictures looks good on the website and has a good Google review rating. Feedback required if you dine there.

Implahphao review suggested by Mr Catton

Took the family there Fri night, Tom Yam Goong soup was very good, didnt like the jungle curry soup but my wife said it was normal so I will,take that as ok, and just not to, my liking.. Bit disappointed at there was no plah banin for a fish restuarant so we had taptim instead. It was good, the normal fried fish nothing special but it was on the small side compared to what you normally get at a restaurant. Normally it wouldnt be enough for us but my eldest unbeknowingly to us had KFC after school as one of his classmates brought it in for her birthday!

Think I prefer our usual restaurant Baan rin Naam  but thats a bit of a drive from where we are now, its more the traffic thats a pain.....so purely for comvenience this one is good.. Incidentally the special fried fish at Baan rin Naam

On 15 September 2016 at 10:55 AM, Paul Catton said:

With a name/avatar of of RoastBeeef providing this recommendation and if venue is same as pinpointed, it has to be Bon Appetite.

Still not sure exactly where Roast Beef means so I am unable to feedback :whistling:

Besides which, my brief holiday is over and now I am back in Dubai so any future visit will have to wait....