iOS 10 update bricked iPhone 6 - all recovery attempts failed

davejonesbkk

Anyone here had problems updating an iphone 6 to ios10? The wife tried this morning and it started throwing up messages that it had to be plugged into itunes and then showing the recovery mode black screen with cable and itunes sign, was told itunes needed to be updated so did that but then when trying to do an update got some error messages about not being able to connect to a network or something (even though connected via usb to itunes) so then tried doing a restore, this time it would give error messages saying that the memory was full so the restore couldnt be done (???). 

Tried this on both a Windows PC and Mac book with itunes updated and the phone is stuck in recovery mode, just read up on doing a DFU restore and still the same, any ideas?

As Apple dont have official shops here where can it be taken if I cant fix this? Ive just tried calling the Thai support number here and it doesnt work

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

I had the same problem. After several attempts I succeeded in restoring the phone through iTunes. At first I couldn't download the update needed to restore the phone, I had to use a VPN to Singapore, for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk