Feral dog problem in Hua Hin

stander

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have just heard that another guy was bitten yesterday, while out cycling, it happened about 10km away from where the first guy I know was bitten.

Both these guys are dog lovers, so the theories held by some posters here are not creditable

GeorgeCross

“maybe they are picking up the bad feelings towards them? kind of like how they "smell fear" - or is that just a myth?

Maggie Tuczapska

“If the dogs were aggressive while you were cycling, it's because you were probably aggressive towards them, maybe you were trying to ride a bicycle into the herd and they were simply defending themselves? Dogs can be aggressive, if they are being attacked by people, so they view people as aggressors. Change the attitude and cure the cause of the problem, not the effect.”

• 4 months later...

I agree something has to be done about these stray dogs, they would not be tolerated in Norway, Switzerland etc. And the people who say I have never had a problem are just burying their heads in the sand, or saying "I'm alright Jack". There are not just a few there are thousands around Hua Hin, more so when one goes slightly out of town.

There are daily motorbike accidents caused with these strays. I myself collided with a stray dog which ran out from grass to get to food left on the other side of the road. My bike wrecked, 4 broken ribs, lacerations all over and now I have permanent nerve damage. Who pays I do.

How can people say stupid things like the below, is my car aggressive to them that is why they go crazy at cars.

If the dogs were aggressive while you were cycling, it's because you were probably aggressive towards them

Edited by Stevepiraq

Same problem here in Phuket, I go for exercise every morning between 2.30am in till 4am, many dogs around one in particular who is becoming more aggressive as time goes on, I do nothing other than run past him, on the other side a very nice friendly dog runs with me for approx one hour around my local water supply lake, just opposite is the big temple which has at least 50 or more stray dogs many fights can be heard whilst I'm doing my exercise!!

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app