Got It Or Not

Applied for the wife's uk settlement visa two days ago so today i went on the visa tracking site and got this message 'The passport has been received from British Embassy, please collect the passport from the UK Visa Application Center where it was submitted'. Does this mean that the visa been approved?

No it doesn't Mazo.

A couple of recent posts have said something similar and the responses seem to figure it was a success, only to find it knocked back.

If you were confident about your application, at this stage I would remain confident, but unfortunately it is not a given.

Others will give a more comprehensive answer, regarding if it was borderline, additional interviews may be requested, as you ( your partner that is ) obviously hasn't been asked for this , maybe to clarify certain issues, it may have sailed thru or not as the case may be.

Good Luck

Moss

It is possible that the visa could have been refused, as the two recent posts show. However, those were visit visa applications. IMHO it would be highly unlikely that a settlement application would be refused without an interview, unless you had completely bollixed the evidence! Assuming that you didn't, I think she has got it.

Yes we got it :o please see my other post i did not know if we would because i have no house or job to go back to in england. My parents wrote a letter stateing the she would house us untill we found some place. I also had a lot of savings in the bank we have been marred for 2 years now and have a 4 month old girl which i think helped. But i did not think it would be as easy as it was pompeysi sorry about your bad news i hope you get it next time