Nice beach to take kids in pattaya

2008bangkok

You could try this area:

http://www.driftersbeachapartments.com/cafe

Drifters is a great place to sit while the kids play on the beach.  Just past it is the Sea Falcon, with tables on the sand and OK food and service.  Or, go upscale and visit Bacco Beach a bit south:

http://www.baccobkk.com/

It's really nice.  The Glass House is right next door which is also quite nice with lots of places to sit and watch the kids play.

14 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

You could try this area:

http://www.driftersbeachapartments.com/cafe

Drifters is a great place to sit while the kids play on the beach.  Just past it is the Sea Falcon, with tables on the sand and OK food and service.  Or, go upscale and visit Bacco Beach a bit south:

http://www.baccobkk.com/

It's really nice.  The Glass House is right next door which is also quite nice with lots of places to sit and watch the kids play.

Drifters sounds good.  looking at the map, it looks like from Pattaya I can take the normal Jomtien baht bus down as far as the beach road goes, then there is a little zig and zag to go down further.  Can I catch a motorcycle taxi from Jomtien beach the rest of the way to The Drifters?  I used to swim in Jomtien beach but frankly it is looking worse these days so I assume going further south will be better.

Thanks

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Drifters sounds good.  looking at the map, it looks like from Pattaya I can take the normal Jomtien baht bus down as far as the beach road goes, then there is a little zig and zag to go down further.  Can I catch a motorcycle taxi from Jomtien beach the rest of the way to The Drifters?  I used to swim in Jomtien beach but frankly it is looking worse these days so I assume going further south will be better.

Thanks

Yes, go as far as you can on the Baht bus and get a scooter taxi from there.  Bearing in mind, there aren't many the farther south you go on Jomtien Beach road.  Might want to get one around Chiyaphuek.

As far as water quality, I don't think you'll get really good water until you go south of Rayong!  Even Bang Saray isn't really good.  Though it's another great option if the OP is willing to go a bit further south.

40 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Get on the ferry and go Koh Larn ( Coral Island), Beautiful beaches and cleaner than Patts

Yes Koh Larn have nice beaches, I use to go to Tien beach it's not so many people there, nice water and beach plus great food to decent price

Honestly, my Thai friends many times take me to very nice clean beaches.

Sorry I have no names or directions, besides that it involves a few km/miles (3-10) on Sukhumvit

Most beaches I never seen another farang, so maybe Thai private.

Maybe just drive around on Sukhumvit and take a left when possible to explore.

I think 'clean beaches in Pattaya' is an  anachronism. ALL of the beaches I know in Jomtien are filthy with dog shit, discarded rotting food, enough plastic bags and knives and forks to start your own 7/11, enough polystyrene containers to start your own takeaway, used condoms and hypodermic needles and lots of broken glass. The water is filthy and if you swim you'll have a great chance of getting some lurgy or another. 

Go South Young Man. Go to Bang Saray - or even further. The water is still filthy but they seem to take a minor pride in their beaches at least.