PM Prayut talks mafia, tells officials to better care of the people, at Phuket Airport terminal opening

snoop1130

PM Prayut talks mafia, tells officials to better care of the people, at Phuket Airport terminal opening

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1474022188_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha urged officials to tackle local mafia and to uphold their responsibilities in order provide better care for the public. The Prime Minister’s directive came his official opening of the new International Terminal at Phuket International Airport this morning (Sept 16).

“The mafia problem must not happen again, and especially with taxis,” he said.

PM Prayut blamed the style of thinking in failure to solve recurring problems.

“Thais do not come up with systems as a way to solve problems,” he said.

The Prime Minister also highlighted the depth and extent of problems of failing to deal with such issues, and targeted his comments at officials.

“How do others benefit from your work?” he posed. “And how do poor people, small people, get any benefit from you? All the results from our work must be transferred to ordinary people.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/pm-prayut-talks-mafia-tells-officials-to-better-care-of-the-people-at-phuket-airport-terminal-opening-59135.php#i4Qt7qPUW8eFMbre.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-09-16

It's lovely that the Phuket News finally woke up. I'm all for the slow news as long as they provide background information and not just thing some folks said 12 hours ago. They somehow managed to do exactly that. 

What if the Thai PM would travel incognito around Thailand? What if he would be able to see the real Thailand, instead of police protected paths he is riding on? What if he could be one of us, instead of HI-SO member of the society?

The story of the Buddha comes to mind. One Hi-So member, who decided to skip all the prepared environments for him and decided to see the world by himself. Thailand needs the that type of action to be healed. Which Hi-So member is brave enough to do the trip?

Edited by Guest

In closing, PM Prayut said, “I wish everyone to rise up, be rich and happy – but don’t forget the small people. Don’t make small people complain about you to me much. Take care of them.”

Yeah guys, keep raping the little people but be nice to them in the process, im tired of getting shit on by facebook uprisings.

They PM blamed the Thai way of thinking in failing to solve recurring problems as they don't come up with systems as a way to solve problems.

Please be fair PM as they don't have the time to do such things, they're too busy looking for winning lottery numbers.

2 hours ago, useronthenet said:

He's dreaming if he has any chance of solving the status quo in Phuket. Too much money involved, the system is well-oiled, and corruption goes right to the top. 

Yep, because change NEVER happens does it? Look up the term 'Gypsy's Warning', and watch this space.

4 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

" I wish everyone to rise up... ". No you don't because if they do you'll be in big trouble as will the country.

As for tacking the mafia, great idea depending on who they are of course.

Good point.  A Thai investigator left Thailand in a hurry as he found out who was to blame for human trafficking .   This will never be a fair society under military rule.

14 hours ago, oilinki said:

It's lovely that the Phuket News finally woke up. I'm all for the slow news as long as they provide background information and not just thing some folks said 12 hours ago. They somehow managed to do exactly that. 

What if the Thai PM would travel incognito around Thailand? What if he would be able to see the real Thailand, instead of police protected paths he is riding on? What if he could be one of us, instead of HI-SO member of the society?

The story of the Buddha comes to mind. One Hi-So member, who decided to skip all the prepared environments for him and decided to see the world by himself. Thailand needs the that type of action to be healed. Which Hi-So member is brave enough to do the trip?

Buddha, yeah right, deserted his wife and child for enlightenment and ended up living with a rich widow

14 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Good point.  A Thai investigator left Thailand in a hurry as he found out who was to blame for human trafficking .   This will never be a fair society under military rule.

not really fair under democracy (the red party) but i would still prefer it that way. makes me nervous when a few people in power have so much power.

He is a funny man. He is forced to occasionally say things like this. It gives the impression that corruption is being fought. The only "mafia" figures that are being pursued are the ones that are either not paying their dues, or the tiny ones on the periphery of things. None of the big boys are, or have ever been pursued. None. And none ever will be pursued under this guy. His very existence is about protecting them. He is all about making sure the elite, the powerful, the wealthy, the connected, and the influential stay in the exact position they are in, and are never disturbed. They are all above the law. Any and all laws. Including his, for certain.