The Next Move On Foreign Land Ownership?

Yes, the guy at Pattaya Land Office wnated to give me a 30 year Ufustruct too. My lawyer was outraged as he said it is impossible to do such a thing - ufustructs can only be for life. They contacted someone high up at the land office in Bangkok who confirmed that the guy in Pattaya was "off with the fairies" and was definitely wrong. However they refuse to intervene - loss of face and all that.

To cut a long story short, I agreed to do a 30 year ufustruct ( with the tax calculated on 30 years), but by the time we had agreed all that the cashier had closed up shop and we had to go back the next week.

My lawyer wasn't gving up that easily, so more representations were made, and more money changed hands (my money) and when I went back the following week a lifetime ufustruct had been agreed. Ironically the tax on the revised document ahad been reduced as they decided I wouldn't live 30 years. :D

This business about divorcing your wife is an unknown. My lawyer inissts I am completely safe, but others in this forum have different views. Let's hope I never have to put it to the test. :o

Hi moby- could you tell the cost of setting up your ufustruct-had differing amounts told to me--cheers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The saga cont...... Chapter 2 - Public land encroachment

Ok just pick up another article today from one of the thai newspaper

While the company ownership investigations are still going on & off,… then off & on again at a regular basis ,

Right now the real meaner & leaner one, some of you should be watching out for, is seem to be “the national park service under the dept of forestry”. They are going after all public land encroachment cases. These guys are real fast and mean, and they just had finished up 40 cases, w/ 8 cases are still pending – on Samet island (Rayong).

They’re also currently working on HuaHin area, ….and just starting in Phuket (around Chalong area first – all the importance people, from the governor to all the way down to puyaibaan, are still in the meeting in Phuket and should have more details coming out in 2 more weeks).

The penalties on the average (based on Samet island cases) are

- say good bye to your land + 1-2 yrs in jail + approx 25,000 bths fine.

They will come back to Ko Chang later, it’s too messy out there also.

Ok if some of you have any doubts that your land might be belong to the national park, don’t go and check with the land dept , but try to recheck your property location with the national park service first – they should have the area map.

According to the article (from thai newspaper), they seem to be going hot after the uphill, and on the mountain areas.

Check your chanote (fake or not), especially if you have a home on the uphill and mountain area. If it’s a fake chanote,… You won’t have time to do anything or to dispose the property, once you have received “the violation notice letter” from them.

These guys from the national park service.....don't want any future cases dragging on far too long like 16 yrs court cases for those on Samet islands. So this time involving future cases...they will try to be fast and decisive, they said.

I’m just translating all these from the thai newspaper. If anyone wants the link I will try to do it, but right now I don't know how.

For more details of those cases on Samet island, please check with the Rayong provincial court.

I’m sure Samui will be a major headache for them too.

Good luck everyone

Tks for the Article,

not so sure about Samui, at least Samui has already in place it's own public map with land specifications and possible use of it, still a step forward.

Bye

The Forestry Dept have already recently investigated Samui and finished presumably now moving on to other resorts .

Man I got a great deal on some subdivided property, almost 1- 1/2 Rai by the puh kao, great view, great area etc. etc. The folks at the amphur went over everything with a fine tooth comb to make sure the Islamic man who was the seller had properly recorded the subdivision documents etc. It had been subdivied earlier. Its right by the King's land so I hope I don't lose it. Great spot for a custom home. This was some time back before thay started cracking down.

Sounds like there is a new gold rush with all the farangs who are bailing out. Earlier in ths post somebody said there was a guy selling for 30 cents on the dollar on what he paid/ had in it.

I'm hoping that when they do this investigation, I come out smelling like a rose!

Edited by BigA

Hi moby- could you tell the cost of setting up your ufustruct-had differing amounts told to me--cheers

It's bit complicated. There's the legal fees, tax, and 'other' stuff.

I really think you should discuss costs with a lawyer.

You should get that free of charge. :o

It's bit complicated. There's the legal fees, tax, and 'other' stuff.

I really think you should discuss costs with a lawyer.

You should get that free of charge. :o

Intersting and timely discussion. My Thai wife who lives in the USA with me for the past 10 years just bought some property at a mountain resort 2 hours from BKK. We just decided to add 38 rai to our holding next to the resort. When we finish our home at the resort, I will take into consideration your advise about setting up a ufustruct. Sounds like good protection.

I was talking with my wife regarding BKK90210 translation. She was actually somewhat amused and told me that Thai men ARE jealous because farangs normally have much more money than they do AND it is becoming more common for Thai ladies to tell Thai men that they are looking for a farang husband.

This worries me a bit too. The more the women say this to Thai men the more resentful those men would become. Hardly surprising is it? In order not to agravate the situation even further, I've instructed my wife not to tell anyone in her village that we are now able to buy large condoms in Thailand. Don't want any scratches on my car next time we visit! :o