How are you using Kodi?

bek

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Wow…thanks DB….this one works very well with catchup programs…great quality….still cant get live tv on it though... even though Ive got the uK proxy enabled…any ideas?

Sorry, I cannot get the live part to work either, but find it very useful for catch-up. For live BBC many other free addons of course that don't need VPN such as Stallion, FilmOn, IsreaLive etc. There seems to be new addons coming out all the time for that but these have been around a while.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I spent the better part of yesterday working on the minix box. Updated the Android OS, Got a new launcher (NOVA) deleted my old Kodi/XMBC and downloaded the Krypton version of Kodi. I then installed the Duggz All Arounder (Just to get a feel of one setup with a lot of stuff)

I have to say its WAY better than before. I was trying to use 1channel and that was my main problem. Exodus is about 5000X better than 1 channel. Literally right there on the stream options is says 1080p, HD, etc. I watched Captain America Civil War and the picture was EXCELLENT. 

That was my main issue, I have a 55" smart tv and watch Blueray on my ps4. The picture and quality was fantastic on bluray then I would try 1channel and it would be terrible. This totally put me off. 

Working a lot better now, its just time consuming fixing all the details to get it working properly. And @JHolmesJr yes pointed google searches got all my questions resolved. 

Now my current issue is the audio, had my TV turned up to 100 and had to increase the DB of several streams just to hear peoples voice then BOOM rattled the house with TV Gunfire. 

So I started from scratch and installed a few addons I have seen recommended several times. No problem to get movies and old tv-shows running - the quality can be a bit hit and miss, but that is acceptable - I think I will stick to torrents for the movies, though.

Live tv is simply not worth the hassle for me. I tried a few different ones, and either the quality is awful, or the stream is missing. I did find one stream of the Formula 1 that was in very good quality, but the buffering was intolerable - iLikehdtv worked fine for me, although it is not free and it's not HD.

I don't really watch a lot TV, in fact it's only the Formula 1 I want to see live, so I think I will manage with using various apps and stream from the iPad.

On 18/09/2016 at 1:43 PM, JHolmesJr said:

Wow…thanks DB….this one works very well with catchup programs…great quality….still cant get live tv on it though... even though Ive got the uK proxy enabled…any ideas?

To watch live you will need a UK connected VPN. My experience: BBC One in 720p with some buffering, BBC One London in SD runs well but will buffer in the evenings.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2016 at 3:55 PM, Digitalbanana said:

Sorry, I cannot get the live part to work either, but find it very useful for catch-up. For live BBC many other free addons of course that don't need VPN such as Stallion, FilmOn, IsreaLive etc. There seems to be new addons coming out all the time for that but these have been around a while.

Would Filmontv suit your requirements?

• 2 weeks later...
On September 17, 2016 at 5:08 PM, ExpatOilWorker said:

I also gave KODI a try, but went back to torrents. Way too much clicking in and out of various menus for my taste.

Yes, agreed. The live feeds and links to dead repositories are too erratic but I DL torrents to a computer upstairs and stream the files over wifi to the android box running KODI in the lounge.

It just removes the laptop and extra cables from the lounge.

• 5 months later...
On 9/18/2016 at 10:30 AM, Digitalbanana said:

There are two addons, perhaps if you use latest ver 0.2.7 by Mikey1234 you can see the proxy in the settings and it works. I've been using it a few years so the addon gets updated.

This BBCiPlayer is up to ver 0.3.0 now by Mikey but doesn't seem to work on Kodi 17 in Thailand but does work with Kodi 16+ and SPMC16.6 using the addon settings. Anyone else noticed this or got a work around for Kodi 17 without having to run a VPN in the o/s as well? I've stayed with Kodi 16.1 until I know a fix?

This BBCiPlayer is up to ver 0.3.0 now by Mikey but doesn't seem to work on Kodi 17 in Thailand but does work with Kodi 16+ and SPMC16.6 using the addon settings. Anyone else noticed this or got a work around for Kodi 17 without having to run a VPN in the o/s as well? I've stayed with Kodi 16.1 until I know a fix?

Still not working on Kodi 17, I also have Minix 16.3 installed only for the iPlayer all other addons now on 17. No work around yet and Mikey doesn't seem to be in any hurry to update if indeed he can.

1 hour ago, Linesy said:

Still not working on Kodi 17, I also have Minix 16.3 installed only for the iPlayer all other addons now on 17. No work around yet and Mikey doesn't seem to be in any hurry to update if indeed he can.

Thanks for confirmation. I'm not sure or a big user of Kodi, but is it just a case of installing both 16.+ and 17 on same device? I thought that both versions accessed the exact same user data folders so 17 doesn't start if using an existing 16.+ data folder - am I correct? How do you get around that issue easily?

2 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Thanks for confirmation. I'm not sure or a big user of Kodi, but is it just a case of installing both 16.+ and 17 on same device? I thought that both versions accessed the exact same user data folders so 17 doesn't start if using an existing 16.+ data folder - am I correct? How do you get around that issue easily?

You won't easily install 2 different versions of Kodi itself.

The best way to go would be to use a Kodi fork such as SPMC (assuming you're on Android) alongside Kodi.

Assuming Android platform Use Kodi 17 and SPMC for the 16.x version. The play store will only update 16 to 17 and not allow both. I use Minix XBMC version 16.3 to get round this as I have a Minix box. They will be separate entities and if like me you will only install the iPlayer on the 16 version and use 17 for everything else.

53 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

You can have SPMC and Kodi on the same device, if on Android, they have both their own data folder.

By the way, the catch up works on Kodi 17.1, the live channels are available from several other addons.

Edited by janclaes47

You can have SPMC and Kodi on the same device, if on Android, they have both their own data folder.

By the way, the catch up works on Kodi 17.1, the live channels are available from several other addons.

By catchup do you mean iPlayer addon?

Just tried again and still not working on 17.1

bbci.JPG.7665df10f88c24777c63ce3ecdad7998.JPG   Everything inside the BBCIplayer that isn't live is catch up

Catch-up is a general term for many providers hence the request to confirm, We all get to that screen in Kodi 17 but no streams play, can you play a stream? And are you using out side the UK without a VPN or other? 

Seriously interested to know as I have found no one who can used on 17 and even the developer has acknowledged the problem and tells users to only use 16.

2 hours ago, Linesy said:

Catch-up is a general term for many providers hence the request to confirm, We all get to that screen in Kodi 17 but no streams play, can you play a stream? And are you using out side the UK without a VPN or other? 

Seriously interested to know as I have found no one who can used on 17 and even the developer has acknowledged the problem and tells users to only use 16.

Yes I am in Thailand, and no I'm not using a vpn, and I'm on kodi 17.1

eastenders.JPG.fd5c25834291a294b5e3a5bced94dfba.JPG58e44e0eb3bec_lineofduty.JPG.78d13698782d18371da70a8b1fbf9fd0.JPG

This is good news, if possible can you take screenshots of your settings for the iPlayer, proxy settings etc. Thanks.

And is that the Confluence skin?

Edit: the most important question that I forget to ask, which platform as it looks like windows?

17 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

Yes I am in Thailand, and no I'm not using a vpn, and I'm on kodi 17.1

Interesting. Are your settings for iPlayer 0.3.0 same as mine below? I keep getting error message on Kodi 17.1 - so have stuck with 16.1

Mike1234v030Settings.JPG.43fde4e81e857289fce19aee08ab3827.JPG

Mike1234v030Stream.JPG.47507f311804058475b99a34c686b951.JPG

if I click on any popular choice program the addon does nothing and I get following error in kodi.log

09:07:08.611 T:10488 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
09:07:08.611 T:10488   ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 104 for 1.
09:07:08.611 T:10488   ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 105 for 1.
09:07:08.611 T:8648  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
09:07:08.612 T:8648  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
09:07:09.055 T:8648   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
09:07:09.055 T:8648  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
09:07:09.055 T:10488   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.bbciplayer/?url=......

4 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

Interesting. Are your settings for iPlayer 0.3.0 same as mine below? I keep getting error message on Kodi 17.1 - so have stuck with 16.1

Mike1234v030Settings.JPG.43fde4e81e857289fce19aee08ab3827.JPG

Mike1234v030Stream.JPG.47507f311804058475b99a34c686b951.JPG

if I click on any popular choice program the addon does nothing and I get following error in kodi.log

09:07:08.611 T:10488 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
09:07:08.611 T:10488   ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 104 for 1.
09:07:08.611 T:10488   ERROR: DXVA::CProcessorHD::IsFormatSupported: Unsupported format 105 for 1.
09:07:08.611 T:8648  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
09:07:08.612 T:8648  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
09:07:09.055 T:8648   ERROR: CVideoPlayer::OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer
09:07:09.055 T:8648  NOTICE: CVideoPlayer::OnExit()
09:07:09.055 T:10488   ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [plugin://plugin.video.bbciplayer/?url=......

My catchup source is HLS and supplier Akamai, but changing to your settings doesn't make a difference

Edited by janclaes47

10 minutes ago, Linesy said:

This is good news, if possible can you take screenshots of your settings for the iPlayer, proxy settings etc. Thanks.

And is that the Confluence skin?

No this is Xonfluence skin, which isn't supposed to work in Kodi 17.1 :smile:

Skin has no influence on the functioning of addons by the way.

Edited by janclaes47

Yes this is windows, but works the same on Android.

Sorry to keep asking questions but you are the only person I know who has managed to get the iPlayer working on 17 using Android so interested to know what device, os and if possible to take screenshots of the settings in Android as I and many others have been looking for a solution. Thanks

As for the skin just checking every angle.

33 minutes ago, Linesy said:

Sorry to keep asking questions but you are the only person I know who has managed to get the iPlayer working on 17 using Android so interested to know what device, os and if possible to take screenshots of the settings in Android as I and many others have been looking for a solution. Thanks

The brand of the box, skin or OS has nothing to do with the functioning of an addon in Kodi.

If Kodi works then the addon works. The settings I posted already, as they are the same as in Windows,

Some posts have been removed and another has been edited, please see the following rule:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Although I don't use the BBC iPlayer myself, I found this information which may be of some help:

HOW TO INSTALL BBC IPLAYER ON KODI 17 KRYPTON

If you have upgraded your Kodi version to the latest 17.0 Krypton build, use the following instructions to install BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17.

• First, launch your Kodi app.
  • From the Kodi homescreen, go to Add-ons -> Add-on browser.
  • Now, click on Install from repository.
  • Choose Kodi Add-on repository -> Video add-ons -> iPlayer WWW
  • Then, click on Install
  • Wait a few seconds for the Add-on enabled notification to appear.
  • You have successfully installed BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17 Krypton.

UNBLOCK BBC IPLAYER ADDON ON KODI OUTSIDE UK WITH VPN

Although the iPlayer WWW addon is not affiliated with BBC iPlayer, it does use the same streaming URLs as the official BBC app. These URLs are geoblocked. That is why you get the following location error when you try to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi outside UK. “BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only”. You need a UK IP address in order to unblock BBC iPlayer on Kodi. In order to hide your IP address and appear in UK, you have to use VPN.

• If you want to anonymously stream movies and TV shows on Kodi, you have to connect to a VPN server.
  • VPN encrypts your traffic. No ISP eavesdropping on your browsing and thus no copyright infringement notices.
  • VPN masks your IP address. You will appear to be connected to the Internet via the VPN server’s IP address.
  • A UK VPN server allows you to unblock all UK streaming channels and UK TV Kodi addons. Watch ITV, Channel 4, My5, Sky GO, iPlayer, and Now TV outside UK.
  • You can install a VPN app on your PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Linux, or Android.

You can read more from the source here.

11 minutes ago, Jai Dee said:

Although I don't use the BBC iPlayer myself, I found this information which may be of some help:

HOW TO INSTALL BBC IPLAYER ON KODI 17 KRYPTON

If you have upgraded your Kodi version to the latest 17.0 Krypton build, use the following instructions to install BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17.

• First, launch your Kodi app.
  • From the Kodi homescreen, go to Add-ons -> Add-on browser.
  • Now, click on Install from repository.
  • Choose Kodi Add-on repository -> Video add-ons -> iPlayer WWW
  • Then, click on Install
  • Wait a few seconds for the Add-on enabled notification to appear.
  • You have successfully installed BBC iPlayer on Kodi 17 Krypton.

UNBLOCK BBC IPLAYER ADDON ON KODI OUTSIDE UK WITH VPN

Although the iPlayer WWW addon is not affiliated with BBC iPlayer, it does use the same streaming URLs as the official BBC app. These URLs are geoblocked. That is why you get the following location error when you try to watch BBC iPlayer on Kodi outside UK. “BBC iPlayer TV programmes are available to play in the UK only”. You need a UK IP address in order to unblock BBC iPlayer on Kodi. In order to hide your IP address and appear in UK, you have to use VPN.

• If you want to anonymously stream movies and TV shows on Kodi, you have to connect to a VPN server.
  • VPN encrypts your traffic. No ISP eavesdropping on your browsing and thus no copyright infringement notices.
  • VPN masks your IP address. You will appear to be connected to the Internet via the VPN server’s IP address.
  • A UK VPN server allows you to unblock all UK streaming channels and UK TV Kodi addons. Watch ITV, Channel 4, My5, Sky GO, iPlayer, and Now TV outside UK.
  • You can install a VPN app on your PC/Mac, iPhone/iPad, Linux, or Android.

You can read more from the source here.

I think the BBC are knowledgeable to the operation of most UK vpn ip addresses and have blocked them?