Who was Silom jumper? Unidentified man falls ten floors to his death

rooster59

Who was Silom jumper?  Unidentified man falls ten floors to his death

aHR0cDovL3BlMS5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQxMy8yMDY4Mzc0L25ld3MxNS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK:-- Police were called to a building in the Silom area of Bangkok yesterday after an unidentified man jumped from the tenth floor car park.

His neck was broken. He had no ID of any kind and no relatives have come forward to report a person missing.

CCTV showed there were no suspicious circumstances.

The man came alone and was clearly intent on committing suicide, said police.

One news outlet reported that he was a Japanese national but this was unconfirmed.

Police appealed for anyone who might know the man to come forward.

The matter is being handled by officers at Thung Mahamek station.  

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-18

Very sad indeed. .......   in the war they were kamikaze pilots. I'm not sure if the same term is used here, as he was not doing this to injure anyone else.

All the Japanese I know are very quiet, polite and friendly. And why are they hosing with foam and everything in that photo ?

RIP.    Obviously thai gf problems or money.

A terrible, but hopefully quick and painless, way to go. 

I don't know who I pity more: the deceased, who had such problems and torments that he thought this was the best/only solution, or the people whose job it is to clean up the "mess" (for want of a better word) afterwards. 

RIP whoever you were.  

7 minutes ago, djayz said:

A terrible, but hopefully quick and painless, way to go. 

I read an article once that claimed, for the faller, the perception of life ends meters above the ground.

Assume a cautiously conservative estimate employing a neural delay of only dt = 200 ms. Approaching the ground to about six meters above of it, then having a velocity of 32 m/s, one falls more than six meters (32 m/s * 0.2 s) during the time between the eyes receiving the light and the occurrence of the neural correlates of consciousness of the seen situation.

Resultantly, the conscious perception is that of a fast approaching ground, but this movie stops playing when the ground is still more than six meters away! One does never even come close to experiencing the impact, let alone having any pain because of it.

Obviously, no consolation for the poor fellow or those he leaves behind, but - if accurate - it would have been painless.

7 hours ago, bannork said:

I didn't know Japanese  were farang.

They are not.

To Thais they are Khun Yippon.

Same as all other Asian people are politely called by the name of their country.

Only withies are Farang even when they have no relation with France and are not Francais. The only thing Thais know about world geography is France whose people they cal Farangsed shorted to Farang. 

Have a nice time in LOS

7 hours ago, jamesbrock said:

I read an article once that claimed, for the faller, the perception of life ends meters above the ground.

Obviously, no consolation for the poor fellow or those he leaves behind, but - if accurate - it would have been painless.

Interesting, but I sincerely hope I never go that far... 

11 hours ago, sahibji said:

another life wasted.

Why? Do you know something we do not? Perhaps he was at the end of his life with a chronic health condition.

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

Very sad indeed. .......   in the war they were kamikaze pilots. I'm not sure if the same term is used here, as he was not doing this to injure anyone else.

All the Japanese I know are very quiet, polite and friendly. And why are they hosing with foam and everything in that photo ?

Huh? How do you know it was gf or money that was a motive? Has it occurred to you that the primary cause of suicide in Japan is mental illness, i.e. depression, and health conditions like terminal cancer. This is reflected in the suicides the Japanese effect in foreign  lands.

The reason there is foam is due to the soap that was used to clean off the splattered blood and tissue. Check it out for yourself. Go stand in a soi and throw an egg or melon up into the air. When it lands  it splatters everywhere.  Brain tissue is sticky. It doesn't sweep up. It is like snot. We used to wear plastic peel off sheets when popping a  lid.  You usually throw down some clay agglomerate, and let it absorb the excess fluid. Then you sweep it up and then , you hose it down with mild soapy solution.  It's important to hose it down and to break up the sticky fluids or else it attracts flies and dirt.

By the way, did you notice that he was wearing white socks? I can put together a good indication of the type of man who wears white socks with tan polyester blend slacks, black shoes, black underwear and a gray polyester blend shirt.

11 hours ago, sahibji said:

some member of the family   may  report missing person or any friend he was travelling with may show up. what a sad end to life. RIP

One of the characteristics of older people sho  commit suicide is that they are alone. I doubt he had any family or friends with him. It may not be necessarily a sad end to life if  it was his decision to  die. If he was dying of  cancer or heart disease, it may have been the appropriate way to go since Thailand does not allow for euthanasia.

Only the deceased knew the reason for his jump. As he is dead, there will be no closure unless the chap left a note.

35 years ago a train ran over this dude laying over the tracks.

He was  of course - multiple spliced...

and labelled as a suicide.

So, to identify, they used what was left - a hand, with a ring still on it, that was not already stolen by rescue workers.

This was on the newspaper front page, detailed in colour, titled "Do you recognise this man?"

On 18/09/2016 at 3:50 PM, steven100 said:

The place that he fell is being cleaned, what do you think is happening?  Interesting that you think that there was "obviously a Thai girlfriend" involved in his death or "money".  Nothing could be less obvious in reality.

16 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

By the way, did you notice that he was wearing white socks? I can put together a good indication of the type of man who wears white socks with tan polyester blend slacks, black shoes, black underwear and a gray polyester blend shirt.

I'm sure that your perception of the type of man he would have been would be as accurate as your determination that he was wearing "polyester blend trousers and shirt", i.e. guesswork intended to do nothing more than take the piss out of an unfortunate death.