Kosher Salt

mardy1960

12 minutes ago, Oxx said:

Your link actually makes clear that some brands include added iodine and some added anti-caking agents.

Dash, really ought to read the links :)

Seems kosher salt is simply a different grain structure, makes no odd to taste, so unless you are actually koshering I see no reason whatever for it.

Courses sea salt is the same as kosher salt.  They make it down by the sea between Bangkok and Hua Hin.  I can buy it where I live in Nakhon Sawan Province for 120/50 kilos but usually only but a 10baht bag.

I make corned beef all of the time and use it.  I first put it in the food processor and grind it a little.  1 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup sea salt, 4 teaspoons Prague #1 powder to each liter of water, spices of your choice.  I brine it in the fridge for at least 2 weeks, wash it and leave it in the fridge another day in plain water before I cook it.

2 hours ago, wayned said:

Courses sea salt is the same as kosher salt.  They make it down by the sea between Bangkok and Hua Hin.  I can buy it where I live in Nakhon Sawan Province for 120/50 kilos but usually only but a 10baht bag.

I make corned beef all of the time and use it.  I first put it in the food processor and grind it a little.  1 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup sea salt, 4 teaspoons Prague #1 powder to each liter of water, spices of your choice.  I brine it in the fridge for at least 2 weeks, wash it and leave it in the fridge another day in plain water before I cook it.

correction: should say 2 liters of water