Brit Bashing

ourmanflint

A thread devoted to racism? :D

I've always been of the opinion that racists are either trying to hide their own insecurities or have a chip on their shoulder.

Very, very sad.

I'm not sure who or what you are getting at here... who are the racists??

I think the thread has been moderately successful in disparaging the stereotype that Brits are all bad, as we've heard many times, there are a few whose actions mask the reality of Brits in Thailand. I hope the authorities do read this , because maybe they will also realise that it is their perception of the bad behaviour of a whole nation that is at fault, not the citizens of said great country. And may I also say that it seems obvious from the posts, that we "Brits" unfortunately cop for a lot of bad rep from other peoples behaviour just because they too speak English.

:o

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we all know that TV is often read by those in power. Threads such as this and the " how hard I am at fighting" number, just confirm their rather unflattering view of farangs in general.......................sad really. :o

This is absolutely correct.Throughout the land the first port of call of all powerful Thais after their physical jerks and morning tea is their computer where they log on as guests to Thai Visa.Across a wide range of military men, ex-politicians and tycoons, it is is indispensable to know what the farang membership of TV are thinking and saying.

It is a well known fact that the members of TV are a well educated, knowledgeable and perceptive group and quite unlike the motley collection of visa runners, ex-sex tourists, Pattaya residents and losers that frequent other forums.One only has to run through the impressive and quality list of forum sponsors to know that TV attracts the best and the brightest.

The "how hard I am at fighting" type represents a tiny tiny miniscule minority and in no way reflects the social, intellectual and financial powerhouse that is TV.

It's sad that there is a thread devoted to Brit bashing. I've been to England and find it to be one of the most fascinating places on earth. Almost everyone I know who has visited there has fallen in love with the place and it's people.

One of the things that probably makes it so nice is that a lot of the bad ones seem to leave, with a significant number here in Thailand. I've met more undesirable Brits in Thailand than anywhere else. That said the good ones still far out number the bad ones--even here!

thankyou so much.

i am english and i live in England and rather like you i have only met the worst type of brits

living in foreign countries. they certainly give Britain a bad name.!

I think we all know that TV is often read by those in power. Threads such as this and the " how hard I am at fighting" number, just confirm their rather unflattering view of farangs in general.......................sad really. :D

This is absolutely correct.Throughout the land the first port of call of all powerful Thais after their physical jerks and morning tea is their computer where they log on as guests to Thai Visa.Across a wide range of military men, ex-politicians and tycoons, it is is indispensable to know what the farang membership of TV are thinking and saying.

It is a well known fact that the members of TV are a well educated, knowledgeable and perceptive group and quite unlike the motley collection of visa runners, ex-sex tourists, Pattaya residents and losers that frequent other forums.One only has to run through the impressive and quality list of forum sponsors to know that TV attracts the best and the brightest.

The "how hard I am at fighting" type represents a tiny tiny miniscule minority and in no way reflects the social, intellectual and financial powerhouse that is TV.

I understand that Mr. Thaksin has been monitoring Thai Visa for weeks trying to decide when to make his comeback. Apparently - because of the amazing intellect of most of its readers - he considers Thai Visa to be his own private "Think Tank" and thinks of important posters like the Donz as his advisors.

With vast intellectual resources such as these, how can he be prevented from coming back and taking power once again? :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Interesting that there is a place for this on the board yet no place for one concerning Americans.

Just an observation.

You seem to have quite an obsession with Americans. Jealous are you?

After seeing Americans Anonymous — an organization for expatriates who are ashamed to admit that they are U.S. citizens i just find Americans comical.

unfortunately, you must face the truth, your an American.

Interesting that there is a place for this on the board yet no place for one concerning Americans.

Just an observation.

After seeing Americans Anonymous — an organization for expatriates who are ashamed to admit that they are U.S. citizens i just find Americans comical.

do you mind if I correct your spelling, you are an american = you're an american :o

I know the queens english and the prince is greek

Just an observation.

I'd be happy to close this one for you as well if it will make you feel better :o

Just an observation.

I'd be happy to close this one for you as well if it will make you feel better :D

NO sbk, it's about the only fun thread around at the moment. :o

it's light hearted banter, fun for all, boom boom :D

Just an observation.

I'd be happy to close this one for you as well if it will make you feel better :D

Ah, so what are you moaning about then? The American bashing thread certainly didn't appear lighthearted to me, nor to Boo who closed it (and no, she's not American).

Anyway, seems to me this thread is more like Brits bashing Brits, Aussies bashing Brits and Brits bashing Aussies. Something you all seemed to have perfected :D

:D

Just an observation.

Ah, so what are you moaning about then? The American bashing thread certainly didn't appear lighthearted to me, nor to Boo who closed it (and no, she's not American).

Anyway, seems to me this thread is more like Brits bashing Brits, Aussies bashing Brits and Brits bashing Aussies. Something you all seemed to have perfected :D

We are better at it than the limies sbk

:D

Just an observation.

We are better at it than the limies sbk

You wish! :D

I think that is another great British character trait.... we don't take ourselves too seriously. No matter how bad things get we can always laugh at ourselves.

A thread devoted to racism? :o

I've always been of the opinion that racists are either trying to hide their own insecurities or have a chip on their shoulder.

Very, very sad.

Next it'll be Americans, then Aussies, etc, etc! When will people learn they are going around in circles??????

I think that is another great British character trait.... we don't take ourselves too seriously. No matter how bad things get we can always laugh at ourselves.

I agree and I'm American.

Through thick and thin, you guys have great sense of humor! :D

Just an observation.

Americans aren't really affected much by what folks from less productive countries think of us. We're usually too busy doing stuff like going to the moon, pioneering new musical genres, inventing personal computers and the internet, removing evil dictators from power and such to give a flying fork.

We understand that when other folks feel the need to bash us it generally stems from ignorance, jealousy, bitterness, or a combination of all the above.

By and large, Americans may not be the most be the most worldly group of folks, but they're usually quite friendly and aren't known for going out and starting drunken brawls - with a few exceptions of course - unless you go out of your way to piss them off.

Personally I've never had any trouble with a Brit... now Germans, on the other hand... :o

Just an observation.

Americans aren't really affected much by what folks from less productive countries think of us. We're usually too busy doing stuff like going to the moon, pioneering new musical genres, inventing personal computers and the internet, removing evil dictators from power and such to give a flying fork.

We understand that when other folks feel the need to bash us it generally stems from ignorance, jealousy, bitterness, or a combination of all the above.

By and large, Americans may not be the most be the most worldly group of folks, but they're usually quite friendly and aren't known for going out and starting drunken brawls - with a few exceptions of course - unless you go out of your way to piss them off.

Personally I've never had any trouble with a Brit... now Germans, on the other hand... :o

Here we go, a yank that wants you to start bashing the the Germans-Isn't this getting off-topic!

Peace people, we're all "earthlings".

A thread devoted to racism? :D

Very, very sad.

Next it'll be Americans, then Aussies, etc, etc! When will people learn they are going around in circles??????

cricky's mate,

i wish you guys would start bashing us aussies some more as we love it. :D

do you know why that is. ?

because we cant wait to start giving it back and never cry about it. :D

anyway,

i love those pommy bas-tards as they make top fish and chips. :o:D:D

and besides that, i got some good pommy mates and they'll kick my arse if i give em to much

stick. :D

cheers to all my pommy mates. :D