Baiyo0ke Sky Hotel

Isabellla

I enjoyed the buffet, a little pricey but a wide selection of international foods. The observation deck (admission included in buffet price) is really nice. A breathtaking view on a rotating platform.As I recall photos may be obstructed by some sort of fence, but could possibly be taken"through" the fence....I really dont remember. As far as the hotel goes, all the reviews I have read have been less than favorable. A nice place for a night out for dinner....but thats all. Hope that helps.

Eric :o

I enjoyed the buffet, a little pricey but a wide selection of international foods. The observation deck (admission included in buffet price) is really nice. A breathtaking view on a rotating platform.As I recall photos may be obstructed by some sort of fence, but could possibly be taken"through" the fence....I really dont remember. As far as the hotel goes, all the reviews I have read have been less than favorable. A nice place for a night out for dinner....but thats all. Hope that helps.

Eric :o

Thanks pump/

Besides Sirocco and Vertigo is there any one roof top bar and restaurant that one can take photos without fences?

There is a wire fence outside, but you can stick your camera lens through the holes in it.

Can anyone give any information about the restaurant there? Is it just a buffet available? What kind of food and is it any good? What time does it start/finish? cheers

There is a wire fence outside, but you can stick your camera lens through the holes in it.

Can anyone give any information about the restaurant there? Is it just a buffet available? What kind of food and is it any good? What time does it start/finish? cheers

Had a very bad experience with the buffet there about a year ago.. First, I thought that food was mediocre so didn't eat much. Then when my cousin and I were checking on the desserts, we saw a cockroach running on and around the plates :o So then I called the waitress and pointed it out with disgust. He tried to catch it, but I didnt know what happened next. I was already feeling sick and reported it to the Manager right away. He was saying sorry and hoping that I wouldn't cause any trouble. I just told him politely how disappointed I was and that I think we shouldn't have to pay for that.. He agreed and asked if there was anything he could do. He tried to give us complimentary vouchers for next time, but I politely declined. Never went back there since..

As for the view, it was okay. But I like it better at Sirrocco or V9 at Sofitel Hotel at night.

Then when my cousin and I were checking on the desserts, we saw a cockroach running on and around the plates :D So then I called the waitress and pointed it out with disgust. He tried to catch it, but I didnt know what happened next.

You've confused me here, did your cousin try catching the roach or was the waitress in fact a katoey? :o

The revolving deck at the top is well worth a visit. I think its about 140.- baht now. The best time would be about and hour before sunset. Great watching and photographing BKK turn from day to night. Its nice and quiet up there. There is a grated fence but the holes are at about 15cm² so no problem taking unobstructed photos with most lenses. In fact the fence aids taking better photos as it gives you something to rest your camera on, good for those sunset shots.

As others have said, you can easily take photos through the fence - you have unobstructed 360 degree views, and with a camera with a zoom on it can get great photos. I have been quite a few times, always take visitors to Bangkok there. Big variety in buffet which includes western and Thai food as well as other Asian foods... should be about 400 baht. but last time I went it was double the price. When I said I normally only pay 400, they told be if you go in after 8pm, that is what the price is. Either way, is pretty good value for money in my opinion. Also, the indoor observation deck has a nice display of old bangkok photos as well as tuk-tuks, etc, you can climb on and take photos .... great for kids and tourists.

true about the view etc and what sylvafern said. but the first 2 times (and also last 2 times) I went......was years ago...perhaps 7 years now? the food was terrible!!!! infact it was so bad that even when the F&B Director who was wanting to date my friend wanted to invite us there for lunch (on his account) I still refused :D

maybe just go for view :o dont eat the food, esp after what hush described...they obviously went really really down in terms of quality rather than improve in the last 7 years.