Bring me home service (with motorbike)

Thian

In Europe i have a membership for roadservice in case of vehicle-faillure...i pay a fee every year (90 euro and they cover all EU countries) and i can call them 24hrs a day, they will send an engineer to help me in case of vehicleproblems and if they can't fix it they bring my vehicle home and even give me a rental car for free to drive home...Even from another country and that's all free.

Is there something like this in Thailand, actually only BKK is what i need? They have to speak english though and bring my bike to my house in case of faillure...

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

No.

Is there ANY service at all i can call (in english 24 hrs) who can at least bring my motobike home? For the car i can call Toyota...for myself i can take a taxi but the motobike has to be brought home in case of faillure down the road.

Even if i buy me a new bike can i get such service?

4 minutes ago, recom273 said:

There are plenty of bike transporters .. Do you need a number now ?

Well i just want to have one (or more) numbers i can call in case of being stranded somewhere with a broken bike, so they bring the bike home safe.

I wonder how you guys do that. (not by family or friends but a company or insurance or so)

Join fb expat bikers (Thailand) group they are a helpful lot, they know a lot more about moving bikes about.

There is is a guy called movemoto or motomove .. There's also a westerner with a pickup that does moves and that with his pickup. 

7 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Join fb expat bikers (Thailand) group they are a helpful lot, they know a lot more about moving bikes about.

There is is a guy called movemoto or motomove .. There's also a westerner with a pickup that does moves and that with his pickup. 

I never had fayboo and doubt i will ever have...but if there's no other option for the bike i might change my mind.

Not that i have a crappy bike or so but you never know what happens and Honda in Thailand is not as reliable as abroad. I just feel guilty to call a farang for such a job, i drive in the most busy area's and it will take hours before he can be there to get my bike (same for a Thai though but i don't feel guilty if they are a company).

Strange there is no such service, Toyota has it so why Honda motocycles not? Or should i bring a big fat motorbikechain all the time to lock it to a pole or so? I just don't want to have stress from it, maybe i should always have 5000 baht cash ready so i can ask any somchai with a pickup to bring me home? That would work i guess and probably be cheaper then an insurance for 100 euro (4000 baht) a year.

7 hours ago, macknife said:

You don't say what Honda you have but if you bought it from Bigwing or even have any 1st class insurance, most have a breakdown service. You won't get a free rental car(not that I've seen) but they will pick up your bike etc.

Last year i went to BigWing, they have a new showroom at Ratchaprueck rd. 2 salesguys approached me, i told them was looking for a Hondadealer who can speak good english because my Thai is very limited.

"Yes Honda dealer" they said 3-4 times while pointing at the showroom i was in....I asked something else and again "Yes Honda dealer"....I thanked them and walked out....That was all they could say in english. :( 

Maybe they were thinking i didn't know i was at the Honda dealer? :facepalm:

11 minutes ago, bramds said:

Sumet offers this service. They are a sponsor of the forum too.

They even replied here sometimes in the past right? I've searched for them before but couldn't find it, they also had a shop close to the Mall ngamwongan i believe, also couldn't find that again.

Where are they located?

When I bought my CBR500R new a couple years ago, Honda included free road side assistance for 2 years or so. This was performed by Mondial. They probably use them for their cars as the truck that came to pick up my bike when it had a flat tire had a guy that seemed to handle a big bike for the first time. I had to use this service two times and both times all went fine.

I found this via Google: http://auto.mondial-assistance.co.th/ourservice/index?language=en

They do 24h/7days all of Thailand. Can't find info on motorcycles on their page but maybe give them a call, they obviosly do motorbikes from my experience. Seems like they merged or got bought by Allianz in the meantime.

When my Ducati broke down, I had to pay 3000 THB which seems a standard price from what I could gather. So you'll have to do the math if it's worth it or not.

6 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

When I bought my CBR500R new a couple years ago, Honda included free road side assistance for 2 years or so. This was performed by Mondial. They probably use them for their cars as the truck that came to pick up my bike when it had a flat tire had a guy that seemed to handle a big bike for the first time. I had to use this service two times and both times all went fine.

I found this via Google: http://auto.mondial-assistance.co.th/ourservice/index?language=en

They do 24h/7days all of Thailand. Can't find info on motorcycles on their page but maybe give them a call, they obviosly do motorbikes from my experience. Seems like they merged or got bought by Allianz in the meantime.

When my Ducati broke down, I had to pay 3000 THB which seems a standard price from what I could gather. So you'll have to do the math if it's worth it or not.

Sounds good, i know Mondial from Europe as well. Also Allianz.

For punctures you can use that spray for inside the tires, i never had a puncture with tubeless tires (and that spray) but before that i had punctures every month.

But a guy who doesn't know how to handle a big bike sounds terrible to me...Well at least it's better than a stolen bike or missing parts of it while being left alone along the road.

15 hours ago, Thian said:

Even if i buy me a new bike can i get such service?

Benelli give you a 1 year free breakdown service on a newly purchased one. Limitations are you and the bike to one destination be it your home or authorised Benelli dealer up to 300kms nationwide ....afaik more than 300kms at 5 or 7 baht per kilometer (did ask when purchased was one of those 2 figures). As for English speaking doubtful but then tell em where you want to go and youll get there.

Any other manufacturers offer similar to this? Honda as to above post by eisfeld....any others?

Edited by KhruGin