I'm Looking For Commercial Restaurant Equipment

kurtgruen

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on where to buy commercial restaurant equipment in or around Chiang Mai? Someplace where we can actually look at it, before buying.

Deep Fryers, Pizza trays, Roasting Pans for turkeys, roasts, etc., bread makers, a good french fry cutter, coffee makers (commercial ones, not the ones you buy at Siam TV) etc.

We make all of our own food fresh, and need a way to speed up the process a little. It was fine in the beginning, when we only had a few customers, but now it is just too time consuming and too hard on non-commercial equipment.

Thanks

There is a thread in this forum for a bread making machine which has a map of a comercial catering equipment firm. Also many shops down Chaing Moi rd.

Thanks Scottie,

Found the Breadmaking Machine Thread and will check out the store.

Thanks again

Checkout http://verasu.com/Thai_version/Main_th.html which is in bangkok, but delivery and sales online is fast an easy. Great place for cooks to explore :o

Thank you Ajarn, I am taking a look at it now

I have Sanyo two door cooler for sale, has one year warranty on compressor, two months old

bought new Siam TV 25,900 will sell for best offer.

• 9 months later...

The best by far is http://www.sevenfive.net/index.htm go and see their vast selection online;

SEVENFIVE CO., LTD.

BANGKOK : 161/735 - 740 Charansanitwong 27, Charansanitwon Rd.,

Bangkhunsri tambol, Bangkoknoi , Bangkok 10700

Tel: (66) 2866-5858 (auto) Fax: (66) 2418-1310

E-mail : [email protected], [email protected]

PHUKET : 75/7 Moo 2 East chowfar street, Vichit tambol, Muang, Phuket 83000

Tel: (66) 7626-3981-3 Fax: (66) 7626-3980

E-mail : [email protected]

SAMUI : 9/7 Moo 1, Mae Num Tambol, Koh Samui, Suratthani 84320

Tel: (66) 7724-7494-96 Fax: (66) 7724-7497

E-mail : [email protected]

If you like, mess with stores from other provinces - maybe for price comparisons - but CM has its own best kept kitchen supply place - Pheuan Krua (Kitchen Friend). It's on the CM-Lamphun Rd, south across the Super Highway (Mahidol intersection with Adventure Hotel and all the giant shells at the intersection) and then about 1/2 km on your left, just after the Caltex station with the big star.

Inside you'll find just what you said you were looking for -real display models of commercial ovens, refrigerators, mixers...all kinds of stuff. Then there's all the bowls, spatulas, take out boxes, baking pans etc. Incredible. I buy my Olive oil there 1 gal for 1300 baht. Great selection of nuts, cereals, candies, all kinds of Western things -pasta. You'd think they'd try to advertise to Farang but they don't. They do speak some English however. I know the owner's kids from the gym - otherwise never woulda found the place. Maybe they'd let me take some pix n post them. Most CM Farang wouldn't believe this place. It's not quite the temple of Farangdom that is Rimping, but it is tricked out in all kinds of odd items you'll be happy to find, along with tons of commercial equipment. They are suppliers to quite a few hotels and bakeries in CM, but again, a well kept secret.

I also buy raisins and oatmeal at bulk prices for my cereal fix. They've got bags of bay leaves the size of a pillow for the just a couple hundred baht , the secret to any proper soup or stock- of course I bought a smaller one than that. Incredible deals on some things!

Let me know what you think of this place! I totally dig it.

If you like, mess with stores from other provinces - maybe for price comparisons - but CM has its own best kept kitchen supply place - Pheuan Krua (Kitchen Friend). It's on the CM-Lamphun Rd, south across the Super Highway (Mahidol intersection with Adventure Hotel and all the giant shells at the intersection) and then about 1/2 km on your left, just after the Caltex station with the big star.

Inside you'll find just what you said you were looking for -real display models of commercial ovens, refrigerators, mixers...all kinds of stuff. Then there's all the bowls, spatulas, take out boxes, baking pans etc. Incredible. I buy my Olive oil there 1 gal for 1300 baht. Great selection of nuts, cereals, candies, all kinds of Western things -pasta. You'd think they'd try to advertise to Farang but they don't. They do speak some English however. I know the owner's kids from the gym - otherwise never woulda found the place. Maybe they'd let me take some pix n post them. Most CM Farang wouldn't believe this place. It's not quite the temple of Farangdom that is Rimping, but it is tricked out in all kinds of odd items you'll be happy to find, along with tons of commercial equipment. They are suppliers to quite a few hotels and bakeries in CM, but again, a well kept secret.

I also buy raisins and oatmeal at bulk prices for my cereal fix. They've got bags of bay leaves the size of a pillow for the just a couple hundred baht , the secret to any proper soup or stock- of course I bought a smaller one than that. Incredible deals on some things!

Let me know what you think of this place! I totally dig it.

Sounds great. Will check it out next time in town.

I agree that Phuan Krua is a great shop for all the stuff mentioned by Realtahideal but their display stock of the larger items like ovens is fairly small.

There is a guy with a small shop selling commercial ovens, fryers, food warmers, mixers etc outside Makro just to the left of the entrance door. His prices seemed quite good, but I probably wouldn't count on any after sales service.

If you need any commercial kitchen quality stainless steel tables, range hoods or shelving, there is a shop in the former Mike's Cafe on Chiang Moi Road on the right 30m down from the Mike's Burgers corner. They also had some good quality LARGE gas fryers there. Too big for my place though. They take about 40 litres of oil to fill. Across the road is one of the places mentioned earlier in this thread that stock food mixers, gas ovens, fryers and assorted bake-ware.

Thanks to the above for the Pheuan Krua (Kitchen Friend) tip. i will check them out next time i'm in the area.

What i've been dreaming about [for home use] is a commercial quality stove oven, like 'wolf' or imperial. preferably used, as new costs big $'s and bigger bhatt because imported.

Anyone out there know of a used restaurant supplier in CM?????