Video: Police make quick arrest in violent kicking of youth by security guard

webfact

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, jerojero said:

Oh, sorry parents. Forgive me for almost killing your son and acting like a despicable, decrepit, ass-wipe of a man.

what a vicious attack. even in sports you lay off when the opponent is on the floor. not this beast. he carried on mercilessly and kicks with heavy boots can be harmful. 

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Sadly, this is a common occurrence here in Thailand.  Aggressive and brutal behavior for rude comments, and no action by onlookers to help the victim.  Sick.

In many societies rude comments, gestures or insults will be answered with violence. In the West we've become more conditioned to retaliating with name calling back or just ignoring them. Violence does still happen but not so often. A disabled guy in the UK rebuked someone for cycling on the pavement and the cyclist's friend punched him, knocking him down and killed him. Received a pittance of a sentence. And the victim offered no insult just a simple pointing out of the law.

Here, given the additional perceived loss of face, the lack of emotional maturity and volatile temperaments it's almost a forgone conclusion. 

I was wondering this morning why, given the bad driving around lane discipline, cutting in, blocking of the wrong lanes when trying to turn and beat the queues etc we don't hear more use of vehicle horns. Then I remembered that that too is perceived as an insult, as is glaring at another driver who just cut you up or shouting something, and regularly leads to violence. Violence here is often extreme, involved blunt instruments, edged weapons and firearms and is best avoided totally. If it does kick off it rarely ends well for a farang if involved. The only one I remember was the Aussie yacht guy who stabbed and killed a bouncer who was assaulting him and was found self defense.

If you do get involved in violence here be prepared. No one is likely to come to your aid or try and stop it. 

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

In many societies rude comments, gestures or insults will be answered with violence. In the West we've become more conditioned to retaliating with name calling back or just ignoring them. Violence does still happen but not so often. A disabled guy in the UK rebuked someone for cycling on the pavement and the cyclist's friend punched him, knocking him down and killed him. Received a pittance of a sentence. And the victim offered no insult just a simple pointing out of the law.

Here, given the additional perceived loss of face, the lack of emotional maturity and volatile temperaments it's almost a forgone conclusion. 

I was wondering this morning why, given the bad driving around lane discipline, cutting in, blocking of the wrong lanes when trying to turn and beat the queues etc we don't hear more use of vehicle horns. Then I remembered that that too is perceived as an insult, as is glaring at another driver who just cut you up or shouting something, and regularly leads to violence. Violence here is often extreme, involved blunt instruments, edged weapons and firearms and is best avoided totally. If it does kick off it rarely ends well for a farang if involved. The only one I remember was the Aussie yacht guy who stabbed and killed a bouncer who was assaulting him and was found self defense.

If you do get involved in violence here be prepared. No one is likely to come to your aid or try and stop it. 

Excellent point.  Especially the one that Thailand is not alone with this type of behavior.  It happens everywhere, not just here.

18 minutes ago, Keesters said:

To do what? More violence. How childish.

And your sensible working solution is??

Nothing wrong with a criticism providing you can supply a viable alternative or it just becomes criticism for criticisms sake (something negative). 

2 hours ago, Crustyhk said:

Why is it these spineless pieces of crap believe that the honourable way to dish out whatever punishment they deem appropriate is with their feet?  Kicking in a fight is gutless and pathetic and done to inflict damage while your own face is out of danger. 

If you have a grievance so bad it turns to a physical altercation you do it like a real man eye to eye with your fists and when your opponent cowers to the ground it's finished. 

Not it even a dog continues like this once it's opponent is on the ground. 

This dirtbag is an oxygen thief

You're overlooking culture: cowardly it may be to "inflict damage while your own face is out of danger" but that is not all that is going on. The head is sacred and the feet are unclean and lowly, thus kicking someone's head may have a dual purpose of violence and insulting, rather than merely 'cowardly violence'.

the problem here is that security guards have no powers to do anything, if they get involved in an incident were the claimed rowdy youths don't want to comply with a request to stop whatever they were doing or move away from the area then there are only two options left - you either resort to physical violence (100% wrong) or call the police who have the powers to properly deal with the situation.

These people think because they are wearing a uniform it gives them the right or some authorised power to do something when in fact it doesn't. If they fail to resolve a situation verbally then the next step should be to call the police, it is lack of training and a poor understanding of their function as a security guard and what they can and most definitely "cannot do" 

41 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

And your sensible working solution is??

Nothing wrong with a criticism providing you can supply a viable alternative or it just becomes criticism for criticisms sake (something negative). 

Well if we as farangs are supposed to be more civilised than thais's as every one tells me they are on here. Then a civilised solution is not beating the offender up or dipping him in acid or hanging/electrocution.  Surley the civilised solution is to let the man's own countries  judicial system run its course. Whatever he did wrong or not, according to other posters on other threads he is innocent till proven guilty. And as we are so called  civilised  we should abide by that

4 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Nice to hear a sensible comment on matters like this for a change....rather than the usual round of "who can come with the best name calls"  to express how much more offended I am than the rest of you are.

Looks like you're defending this thug. You should be ashamed of yourself.

22 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Well if we as farangs are supposed to be more civilised than thais's as every one tells me they are on here. Then a civilised solution is not beating the offender up or dipping him in acid or hanging/electrocution.  Surley the civilised solution is to let the man's own countries  judicial system run its course. Whatever he did wrong or not, according to other posters on other threads he is innocent till proven guilty. And as we are so called  civilised  we should abide by that

Let a dysfunctional so-called justice system run its course. I should coco. If that was my son he gave a kicking to, I'd come down so hard on him, he'd have to reach up to tie his shoelaces. That's the only kind of justice these animals understand. When in the jungle.......

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Good on the Aussie.

59 minutes ago, teacherpaul said:

Let a dysfunctional so-called justice system run its course. I should coco. If that was my son he gave a kicking to, I'd come down so hard on him, he'd have to reach up to tie his shoelaces. That's the only kind of justice these animals understand. When in the jungle.......

So some farangs are far from civilised it apears

For the sake of fairness I watched the thriller In chumburi again. The worse part was the attempted back hand on the youngest of the two who went to help twda the end of the video. As usual the video starts near the end wonder if there's a video of the start of it I expect not. No doubt he will get a slapped hand and have to give a few thousand compo to the kid who I have little doubt was gobbing off in the first place

3 hours ago, Keesters said:

To do what? More violence. How childish.

You have a kid ?

If you did, you would be Ok for him to possibly get beaten to death ?

Or your daughter to be raped ?

You would be a sad father indeed.

I watched the video on Facebook. The kid is lucky to be alive. Full on kicks to the head while he was unconscious, one kick actually moved the kid over a meter. I don't get why the army/soldier connection is relevant. He's simply psycho, whatever his background. The photo on facebook with him in handcuffs.. he was grinning like he thinks he's a star or something.

20 minutes ago, Alwyn said:

I watched the video on Facebook. The kid is lucky to be alive. Full on kicks to the head while he was unconscious, one kick actually moved the kid over a meter. I don't get why the army/soldier connection is relevant. He's simply psycho, whatever his background. The photo on facebook with him in handcuffs.. he was grinning like he thinks he's a star or something.

Unconscious were was that bit then???

Archived