Rendered images of Rajabhakti Park released

webfact

Rendered images of Rajabhakti Park released

Phuket Gazette

pkt22.jpeg          

The park is expected to be completed by the end of 2019. Photo: Phuket Provincial Office

PHUKET: -- Rendered images of the plans for Surin Beach, officially reopened as 'Rajabhakti Park' in June were released to the public this week.

Phuket Vice Governor Chokdee Amornwat said modestly that officials are looking to make it the "most beautiful beach in the world". The estimated project budget is more than 800 million baht.

“Surin Beach is already 'listed' in the ‘top ten most beautiful beaches of the world’, so it will not be difficult for us to achieve our goal,” the Vice Governor told the Phuket Gazette.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Rendered-images-Rajabhakti-Park-released/65596?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-09-20

“Surin Beach is already 'listed' in the ‘top ten most beautiful beaches of the world’, so it will not be difficult for us to achieve our goal,” the Vice Governor told the Phuket Gazette.

Really? Who's top ten list would that be?

I'll take a wild guess that it's TAT's list.

Three years till they do something about the mess they left at Surin? We all know how these completion dates for public projects work. Three years is pie in the sky nonsense. 10 years? Never? 

The OrBorTor sold off that beach. He was involved in the clean-up and he's still there making decisions. He should be in the monkey house instead of still in charge. He may have pulled 50 million out of that beach. Pick a number. Wall to wall business on the King's beach all channeled through him and up the chain of command.  

I don't have any confidence we'll ever see anything come of these plans. Five years from now it will still look like a bomb went off there. 

Another story on a similar park elsewhere... 

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2016/09/20/thaipublica-sues-army-details-rajabhakti-statues/

While it's nice to see government doing something about the beach which was totally destroyed 6 month ago by their own bulldozers, the plan is concerning on several points:
 — cost! 800M thb can be spent elsewhere. For example, ALL road around Surin Beach are in most terrible condition, probably the worst in Phuket, it's a disgrace for such "upscale" destination with some of the most expensive hotels/properties on the island to have roads like that.
 — Klongs, that pollute Surin, Bangtao and nearby beaches,
 — Trash collection,
 — General beach maintenance.
 — hanging wires everywhere,
etc, list can continue.

Moreover, proposed "breakwater" is expected to destroy waves on what is considered one of Worlds Top-100 surf destinations (Surin Beach). It is a waste of money trying to turn Surin into a beach for sailboats, when just 1 km away we have Bangtao with perfectly shadowed harbour where people can sail at any time (not that anyone takes this opportunity anyway).

We see this project as a gigantic waste of money with zero public benefit or even negative output. 

Edited by andreww

They're throwing a golf course into this mess? 

These drawings/renderings were done by a 5th grader 

You know what we be great? Get a crew in and clean up this mess so tourist could come there. There is rebar poking up out of the rubble! It's dangerous. It's ugly. It needs immediate attention. 

I'm the biggest supporter of taking out these buildings. The crowning achievement of Prayuth administration but you can't leave it like this with high season coming up!

As for Ma-am...last seen as owner of the Phuket pro footy team and not paying the bills. He was responsible for building that beautiful football field...it's never been used. 

I thought I saw him in the pics. I have no hope of anything changing there. I'm surprised there was even a plan. 

Edited by Pinot