PR house registration

Hello all

A quick question.

I have been notified that my PR has come through and that I need to get to immigration with photos etc and the cash for the fee.  

One of the items is original and copy of house registration.  I live in a rented apartment in Bangkok but own a house with my wife in Mukdahan.

So is the house registration from the apartment, therefore the owners house registration or our house registration from up country (which is what I believed we used for the PR application)?

Craighj

You will need to make a trip to Mukdahan after your Residence and Alien certificates are issued. As Ubonjoe says Immigration will issue documents addressed to the district office from wherever your Tabien Baan is issued.

There is a time limit stipulated for completing that. I seem to recall that it is only 7 days. Not too sure on that though. 

It is also possible (likely?) that an upcountry district office won't be familiar with the process of registering a PR so might need several days to complete. 

Would pay as well to check whether they will allow the Tabien Baan to be from a different area than the police issued Alien certificate since the latter is supposed to be from where you really do reside.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm checking with immigration now.  It's a little confusing given we have our place up country, but i work and therefore live in Bangkok currently.

My application was in 2014, although it went into first quarter of 2015.

Craighj

31 minutes ago, craighj said:

Thanks for the replies.

I'm checking with immigration now.  It's a little confusing given we have our place up country, but i work and therefore live in Bangkok currently.

My application was in 2014, although it went into first quarter of 2015.

Craighj

Like a Thai you do not have to live where you are registered in a house book.

Unless your landlord agrees to you being registered in their house book your only choice may be your home in Mukdahan.