Tesco Lotus attempts to introduce online shopping to customers in upcountry

webfact

Tesco Lotus attempts to introduce online shopping to customers in upcountry

By Coconuts Bangkok 

3246518089_266ccb0f09_z.jpg

Photo: Soma-Samui/Flickr

BANGKOK: -- As a way to make even more money, Tesco Lotus and Lazada are trying to get non-Bangkokian customers to try out online shopping. They’re making it easier than ever by setting up online shopping kiosks in some of their Express and Talad convenience stores outside the city.

Sure, in Bangkok most people use online shopping sites such as Lazada, Zalora or even grocery delivery services, but it’s a different story outside the city.

In the upcountry, shoppers probably have more need for the wide range of products offered via online shopping, since there aren’t as many malls and large shops, but very few use it. Perhaps that’s because of a lack of computers at home, poor internet service or a lack of knowledge about online shopping.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/20/tesco-lotus-attempts-introduce-online-shopping-customers-upcountry

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2016-09-21

The

4 hours ago, Paul Laycock said:

Gave up on Tesco long ago due to the lack of fresh, dairy and other produce, no thanks Tesco, I'll still be giving you a miss.

4 hours ago, Paul Laycock said:

Gave up on Tesco long ago due to the lack of fresh, dairy and other produce, no thanks Tesco, I'll still be giving you a miss.

The same with Lazada. I went onto their website looking for a sturdy shopping cart and all I could find were pages of little plastic toy carts. A few weeks ago a lot of TV members gave their views on Lazada and they were not very positive. Personal shopping at Tesco is ok for foodstuffs but when you get into electronics TV's etc. no thanks. Power Buy is the best. Its hard to believe that Tesco is an arm of a British company. My g/f of six years could go in there and reorganize things better.

Edited by elgordo38

Why would you bother going into a Tesco when you can just use Lazada on your smartphone? Ordered a couple of things on Lazada and delivery has been 3 days in the boonies of Khon Kaen which is pretty good. Saves a day out to Khon Kaen city. If you select the cash on delivery option then there is no risk; if it doesn't turn up no loss.