Pickup Truck Crashes in Nakhon Pathom, Three Men Burned to Death

webfact

Pickup Truck Crashes in Nakhon Pathom, Three Men Burned to Death

NAKHON PATHOM – Three men have burned to death after the truck they were travelling in ran off the highway, overturned and burst into flames, in Muang district police said.

Pol Capt Boonyarit Pinij, an investigator of Sam Khwai Phuak police station, said the accident occurred about 6.30am in front of Wat Thammasala on Phetkasem Highway the Bangkok Post reported.

Eyewitnesses told police the Toyota Vigo pickup truck, loaded with a tank containing with used engine oil, was heading for Nakhon Pathom when it skidded off the highway, rammed into a power post and then a tree before overturning and coming to a stop on its side.

Full story: http://www.chiangraitimes.com/pickup-truck-crashes-in-nakhon-pathom-three-men-burned-to-death.html

changraitimes_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang Rai Times 2016-09-21

3 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:

So many vehicles in Thailand that burst into flames upon crashing........I can only think of poor installations of either propane or natural gas ......maybe no cut-off solenoids or something....

But in ths case, 99% chance it was a diesel engine.

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Constantly see Thai drivers driving at speed, without regards to the weather or road conditions.

Earlier this week traveling on a 4-lane divided highway out of Khon Kaen in a driving rainstorm.  You couldn't see more than just a few meters in front.  I was even considering pulling over to wait out the blinding storm for a bit.  About that time, reality (or unreality hit)....

I noticed that, despite these  blinding and hydroplaning conditions, the highway was a race track.  Trucks,  buses and cars flying by in the right lane, at well over 100-120kph, many with no more than a couple of meters space between them.  

I've already promised myself that I would not drive long distances out of town at night here.  I'm thinking adding another promise--just to pull over and get a beer, I mean a coffee, and relax during a severe downpour.  Not worth risking my life and destiny out there with the crazies.  Insanity at its saddest. 

Edited by Fookhaht

7 hours ago, trogers said:

Constantly see Thai drivers driving at speed, without regards to the weather or road conditions.

They simply have no concept of change in environment. Drive in the heavy rain the same as the dry - like angry, simple lunatics.

Drive a pick up fully loaded like it's empty - like angry, simple lunatics.

Let's be thankful that this fine piece of Thai stupidity only burned 3 to death and didn't hit a school van with 600 children jammed inside.

2 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

...too many irresponsible car ads on tv that plant the daredevil seed in wannabees...

They weren't doing it (killing or injuring themselves) before the advent of TV?

Lack of commonsense is the killer!