Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

60-day extension to visit wife on a nonO visa

Hi all,

I am currently on a non-O visa based on volunteering. I was planning to go to Savannakhet to get a new ME non-O based on marriage on Oct 3. However, something has come up, and the timing is very problematic.

Can I get the 60-day extension to visit my wife on a non-O volunteer visa? I know you can on a tourist visa, other non-O visas and on visa exemptions, but I'm wondering about the volunteer visa.

If not, I will follow my original plan and go on Oct 3, but it would be much better if I could postpone the trip.

A couple follow up questions:

Does my wife need to go to immigration with me?

And can anyone refresh my memory as to the paperwork needed? If I remember correctly, I need:
a copy of my wife's id, house registration,
kor ror 2,
marriage certificate,
Copy of my passport,
2 photos

Am I missing anything?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, bigbadthaijohn said:

A couple follow up questions:

Does my wife need to go to immigration with me?

And can anyone refresh my memory as to the paperwork needed? If I remember correctly, I need:
a copy of my wife's id, house registration,
kor ror 2,
marriage certificate,
Copy of my passport,
2 photos

Am I missing anything?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

You wife will need to be with you.

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of wife's house book registry and ID card.

One 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 application form.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You wife will need to be with you.

Marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of wife's house book registry and ID card.

One 4 X 6 cm photo for the TM7 application form.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

This part is bound to be confusing in my case, and I'm worried about this item actually. My wife's house book is for her hometown (another province), where she still owns the house her parents lived in (they have since passed away), and she now lives in a condo that she owns in Bangkok. We are also closing on a Townhouse a few blocks away that is much bigger (which I need to sign some paperwork on when I arrive), and we'll be moving into this Townhouse probably within the first month or two of my arrival. Any suggestions what we need to do to get this part handled correctly?

Edited by ocddave

8 hours ago, ocddave said:

This part is bound to be confusing in my case, and I'm worried about this item actually. My wife's house book is for her hometown (another province), where she still owns the house her parents lived in (they have since passed away), and she now lives in a condo that she owns in Bangkok. We are also closing on a Townhouse a few blocks away that is much bigger (which I need to sign some paperwork on when I arrive), and we'll be moving into this Townhouse probably within the first month or two of my arrival. Any suggestions what we need to do to get this part handled correctly?

If you are going to be applying for the extension in Bangkok she could change her house book registry to Bangkok.

A Thai can have more than one house book but can only be registered as living in one.

Otherwise if she could show proof of ownership for the condo in Bangkok and make a statement you are living with her there then that would be accepted.

• 1 year later...

Got a 60 day extension on a Non O  for visiting the wife today at Jomtien

Took wife +

Marriage certificate plus a copy + copies of wife's house book  and ID card.

(and originals but they only looked at marriage certificate original)

One 4 X 6 cm photo  + the TM7 application form.

+ copy of every page  with entry /exit or visa in my passport.

Girl at front desk said I needed 2 sets of all documents and wouldn't give cue  ticket until presented with 2 sets

immigration officer only wanted one set of documents..so wasted about 60 baht on needless copies oh well T.I.T  :shock1: