Meat Goat's In Thailand

bubbaba

Hi. I'm new on this forum and new to Thailand. Does any one on this forum have information on raising goats in Thailand for meat, and, maybe, milk?

I have read that the Issan land is not great for pasture and farming. Would the land be able to sustain goats and what type of grass/weed would I need to plant to make it work, if possible?

Iam sure Bina will sort you out with some good info.he has a lot of experience on this subject.However i have been doing quite a lot of research specifically on goats in thailand and i found the most usefull and practical stuff on thai websites (in thai)my thai wife found them including feed requirements and diet supplements.Also found how to construct a goat house in thailand,a kind of wooden 2 level construction.The problem with the european web sites is that they often recommend feed stuff that do not grow in thailand.Anyway the locals have goats near me and they basically graze on scrub land...this they prefer to pasture land.Moreover they can be destructive and strip the bark of young trees.If you want to keep them on your land and not wander round on public land like most thais do fencing is an issue....barbed wire is out i read somewhere as they can injure themselves.The thai web link was www.did.go.th/service/goat/goatyset.html .

i really hate it when i take the time to pm someone etc with tons of info and they dont respond; on second thought maybe they have no access to internet, still... sort of annoying.

Bina, you could PM me the information, I would be interested and promise to respond to you. Issangeorge

Iam sure Bina will sort you out with some good info.he has a lot of experience on this subject.However i have been doing quite a lot of research specifically on goats in thailand and i found the most usefull and practical stuff on thai websites (in thai)my thai wife found them including feed requirements and diet supplements.Also found how to construct a goat house in thailand,a kind of wooden 2 level construction.The problem with the european web sites is that they often recommend feed stuff that do not grow in thailand.Anyway the locals have goats near me and they basically graze on scrub land...this they prefer to pasture land.Moreover they can be destructive and strip the bark of young trees.If you want to keep them on your land and not wander round on public land like most thais do fencing is an issue....barbed wire is out i read somewhere as they can injure themselves.The thai web link was www.did.go.th/service/goat/goatyset.html .

Hi Somchai,

I am interested in rearing goat too but its seems that your webs its not working.