• Latest posts...

1. 3

Trump will go after his perceived enemies

2. 189

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

3. 20

New PL football season 2024/25 ⚽️

4. 59

Its too expensive I may leave

5. 0

Thai Worker Killed by Leftover Ammunition in Israeli Orchard

6. 19

Help needed to understand some points of a farang buying a house in Thailand.

7. 7

Thai Baht weakens as government pushes for lower rates

8. 1,210

BYD Seal tips, tricks and help

9. 147

Car recommendations

10. 189

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

Sunday is "D-Day" for new minivan operation in Northern Bangkok

webfact

Sunday is "D-Day" for new minivan operation in Northern Bangkok

a3.jpg

Image: tnamcot

BANGKOK: -- Public transport officials have expressed confidence that everything will run smoothly on Sunday when the minivans cleared from the Victory Monument area will operate from a new terminal near Mor Chit.

Nopparat Karunyawanich of the transport company said that they were 80% ready for Sunday that they called "D-Day". Yesterday they were doing test runs with soldiers using shuttle buses to ferry passengers to the new parking area in the north of the city, reported tnamcot.

Nopparat said that the minivan service will be significantly expanded saying that an extra 2,000 vans had been given permission to operate added to the 1,600 that were using the Victory Monument before. 

He said he was confident that the new arrangements could cope with the 3,600 vehicles that will ply 111 routes.

The new station will come with an adequate roof, and seating for passenger convenience.

Shuttle buses between Mor Chit and the station will be increased from 5 vehicles to a greater number to cope with the anticipated demand.

At first the minivans will follow routes as before to lessen inconvenience to the public but after six months changes will be gradually introduced.

Similar arrangements are soon to follow suit at Ekamai in Sukhumvit and the Southern Bus Terminal on the Thonburi side of the river.

Source: tnamcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-22

I already posted this several times. Move everything towards Makkasan railwaystation. There's a huge plot of land available. Also it is next to the exit and entrance to the high ways. Next to this it is easily accessable with connections to the MRT (Petchaburi Station), Train (Makkasan Station) and Airport / City Link.

What else do they want in Bangkok? Yes, traffic jams !!!

But who am I? Just another farang know-it-better !!!

Edited by FredNL

5 minutes ago, FredNL said:

I already posted this several times. Move everything towards Makkasan railwaystation. There's a huge plot of land available. Also it is next to the exit and entrance to the high ways. Next to this it is easily accessable with connections to the MRT (Petchaburi Station), Train (Makkasan Station) and Airport / City Link.

What else do they want in Bangkok? Yes, traffic jams !!!

But who am I? Just another farang know-it-better !!!

I would say the traffic in Asoke and Petchburi Roads is bad enough already without throwing 2000 minivans into the mix.

"..saying that an extra 2,000 vans had been given permission to operate..."

That's to replace the 2,000 vans that have crashed, rolled over, and killed hundreds of travelers in the past year or so ..

So many new van drivers on the road, now trying to prove their formula-one skills ..

A frightening prospect ..