Okley Sunglasses in CM, where to buy....

puukao

Oh, did I miss the "A" in OAKLEY......NO, no I didn't.......5555555.......

OK, so I have a "Friend" looking to buy for cycling................I saw them at Night Bazaar for 200 baht and they seemed OK (not the jawbreaker, but half size).....and near Tesco?lotus NE of the city where they sell tons of stuff outside the store Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.......and not sure when else.  He quoted 1000 baht for glasses and 5 lenses, box, etc.....and the jawbreakers were like 550 baht I think....but I don't think they were good lenses.

So, anyone on here buy any and what did you pay?  thoughts on if they are worth a purchase....

i have polarized already and I think I want a clear and dark lens.....

I would NEVER buy these rip-off glasses!!!!  So it's for a "friend".......:)   

6 minutes ago, TheSiemReaper said:

Cheap sunglasses from the market and street stalls are unlikely to have UV protection on the lenses making them both less than useless and straight up dangerous. Decent sunglasses can be obtained from any optician in town but expect to pay 2,000 Baht plus for them. 

The cheapest sunglasses with poly carbonate lenses have UV protection, because it is the material that provides the UV protection, not the coating

http://www.allaboutvision.com/lenses/coatings.htm

Regular plastic eyeglass lenses block most UV light, but adding a UV-blocking dye boosts UV protection to 100 percent for added safety.

Other eyeglass lens materials, including polycarbonate and most high-index plastics, have 100 percent UV protection built-in, so an extra lens treatment is not required for these lenses.

There is a guy in Anasarn Market who sells excellent quality sunglasses. He's very honest about his goods. They are all the brands owned by that Italian company mentioned above. They all say "Made in Italy" but he says they are actually made in Korea for the Italian company. He goes to Bangkok to get them and sells them for 2000-2500 Baht. I went one night and really liked what he had but he would only go down 200 Baht on the pair that I liked to 1800. So I passed. But then a few nights later the wife wanted to see what she could get them for as she is an excellent bargainer. About 20 minutes later she called me and said she had made a deal for 1300 Baht. I went and the seller was great - although noticeably disappointed about the price... He fitted the glasses for me, adjusted them (they have 4 adjustment screws which require a special tool). They are excellent quality and frames made from titanium or carbon fiber, lens polarized; much, much better than a pair I bought in Hat Yai from an optical shop for about 6,000 Baht a few years back. Nice guy and knows his stuff. Like he said to me....if you want Chinese junk....go elsewhere. He's set-up past all the restaurants in the group of sellers heading toward the back of the lot.

LOL....you do realize this is Thailand.  I'm convinced 99% of all of Sunday Market is manufactured in China.....but I digress.

OK< at Sunday Market saw the same guy and will give the razer blade or something (big glasses) a try....Maybe i got ripped off, paid 300 baht.  Let's say that is $9.50 USD.....Maybe I could have spent $1 less......but i like them so whatever..

will test them tomorrow or the next day on the bike...

Every thread on Computers likely involve counterfeit software....and well, there have been worse threads..

looked online, i guess they are the jawbreakers...

says "Made in Italy"... lol

Archived