Police raid Pattaya Hi-So drinks and drugs party - ketamine found

rooster59

Police raid Pattaya Hi-So drinks and drugs party - ketamine found

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQxNC8yMDcyNTE0L25ld3MwNS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook 

PATTAYA:-- Police acting on a tip off  raided a fancy house in Pattaya where they found evidence of drugs and drug taking.

The party - attended by 18 youngsters aged 17 - 25, was held in a house rented for the occasion of the birthday of a girl who said she was the daughter of a Chiang Rai politician.

Miss Korkaew, 21, had rented the house for 25,000 from a foreigner to celebrate her birthday with friends and relatives from the Pattaya and Bangkok areas.

Police heard there was going to be drugs at the party from an informer and ten cops from Pattaya and Huay Yai stations went to the Phoenix Lakeside Pool Villa estate on Saturday morning.

They found ten high end cars parked in the driveway of the two story property.

A black plastic bin bag was taped to the glass fron door to restrict line of sight from outside. Police got someone looking after the property to knock then piled in.

Some of the occupants tried to escape - but police had all the exits covered.

Some of the young people were making out in private rooms. A bag of ketamine was found on the floor but no one admitted to it being theirs.

All were checked for drugs in their urine with one showing purple.

A microwave was taken into evidence after it was suspected of being used to heat ketamine in liquid form to form a powder.

The person with drugs in their system was prosecuted. Police are investigating to discover the identity of the owner of the drugs found on the floor and trying to find who the agent who supplied it was.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-09-25

" A microwave was taken into evidence after it was suspected of being used to heat ketamine in liquid form to form a powder. "

What's next? Arresting folks for having microwaves? Transporting them? Might as well arrest me for rape, as I have the "tool" to commit that crime.....

1 hour ago, Pinot said:

With ice and ya ba, two real problem drugs, at epidemic use, it seems like a waste of time going after kids and ketamine. I would suggest the BIB prioritize drug prosecutions. 

Drugs are drugs no matter what they are, if this is a low priority drug then all the better they got caught before they hit the hard stuff

so i suggest the BIB did a good job

16 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

" A microwave was taken into evidence after it was suspected of being used to heat ketamine in liquid form to form a powder. "

What's next? Arresting folks for having microwaves? Transporting them? Might as well arrest me for rape, as I have the "tool" to commit that crime.....

It says "the microwave was suspected of being used for making the drug into powder" that is why so it can be tested for residue

Edited by gandalf12

6 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm sure all the Hi-so partiers will come out fine, but I have my doubts about the future of the foreigner who rented the house to them.  

Yes, he has something to be concerned about. 

Being from a political family from Chiang Rai might make that politician red leaning ?  Fascinating that yellow side progeny are such angels.  Could not be political could it ?

4 minutes ago, dieseldave1951 said:

Drugs are drugs no matter what they are, if this is a low priority drug then all the better they got caught before they hit the hard stuff

Grew up around drugs all during my youth.  The fact that one drug leads to another is total B.S.  The only way you control drugs is through education.  

6 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Some of the occupants tried to escape - but police had all the exits covered.

I have to say, that is a smart move. Which brings me to this question: will the police incorporate this new-found technique of "covering all the exits" into their standard operating procedures, or will it be used selectively?

7 hours ago, impulse said:

I'm sure all the Hi-so partiers will come out fine, but I have my doubts about the future of the foreigner who rented the house to them.  

i doubt the owner knew of the party    i would question the gardiennage that question

a few bucks on the side me thinks 

Hang on...the Police busted a party because someone had tipped them off and they found a bag of ketamine and only one single person who tested positive for anything. Last time I checked "making out" was not a criminal offence so I'd say that compared to most countries in the west, these "kids" were downright saintly.

Given that only one person tested positive, it might not be too difficult to deduce who the Ketamine belonged to.

2 minutes ago, paulbj2 said:

Hang on...the Police busted a party because someone had tipped them off and they found a bag of ketamine and only one single person who tested positive for anything. Last time I checked "making out" was not a criminal offence so I'd say that compared to most countries in the west, these "kids" were downright saintly.

Given that only one person tested positive, it might not be too difficult to deduce who the Ketamine belonged to.

Maybe parentage / brown envelope syndrome  had an effect on the outcome of the test

All this talk of drugs reminds me of a report I read the other day on the relative dangers and social harm done by the various drugs people take. The outright "winner" and by far the most dangerous street drug in the world, by a substantial margin, was alcohol. That report was specific to Britain and was authored, if I remember correctly, by Prof. Nutt. A similar report prepared by the European agency charged with surveying drug abuse reached the same conclusion regarding alcohol. I have noticed in the past, that many of the harshest critics of drug use are, themselves, inveterate drinkers and smokers. The reality is that alcohol and tobacco account for many hundreds of times more deaths every year than all illegal drugs put together.

My brother was a consultant in Acute Medicine at one of Britain't largest hospitals. He said that 75 - 80% of his admissions were alcohol related. Naturally, the cost to the NHS of alcohol abuse is astronomical. I have seen far, far more lives destroyed by alcohol than by any illegal drugs.

3 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

i doubt the owner knew of the party    i would question the gardiennage that question

a few bucks on the side me thinks 

Regardless, this is how people trying to stay below the radar get outed as an unintended consequence.  Even after years and years of flying low.

With the recent crackdown on short term rentals in violation of both the hotel laws and work permit requirements, I'd expect some scrutiny just on the rental and taxes.  And how about if all of the Hi-so's (through coaching by their Hi-so attorneys) get their stories straight and claim "the bag of ketamine was there in a closet before we got there"?    Then there's the obvious question of how a foreigner has enough control over house with land that he can rent it out for a party.  Thai wife?  Illegal nominees?  Shell company?  Rental and sub-rental?

I hope the guy has his ducks in a row and it's not a problem for him.  But there's a lot of questions that could come to light, especially if those questions deflect attention from the Hi-so's.

6 hours ago, dieseldave1951 said:

What century do you live in, I bet alcohol and pharmaceuticals are not in same category in your lil World

I am somewhat confused by the reference to the microwave. Microwave ovens are often used to prepare "crack cocaine" from the standard powdered product (cocaine hydrochloride) but Ketamine? I guess if the source was Ketamine Hydrochloride injection purloined from a medical environment, you could need to heat it to drive off the water, but the dose in the standard medical preparation is so small (even the strongest prepared injection only contains 100mg/ml so you'd need 10ml of the injection to get back 1g of Ketamine powder. If it was street Ketamine I guess it could have impurities from the synthesis or have been cut with something that made it hygroscopic and thus in need of drying before it could be snorted.

Edited by paulbj2

9 hours ago, paulbj2 said:

I am somewhat confused by the reference to the microwave. Microwave ovens are often used to prepare "crack cocaine" from the standard powdered product (cocaine hydrochloride) but Ketamine? I guess if the source was Ketamine Hydrochloride injection purloined from a medical environment, you could need to heat it to drive off the water, but the dose in the standard medical preparation is so small (even the strongest prepared injection only contains 100mg/ml so you'd need 10ml of the injection to get back 1g of Ketamine powder. If it was street Ketamine I guess it could have impurities from the synthesis or have been cut with something that made it hygroscopic and thus in need of drying before it could be snorted.

Too much thinking going on there. Go back to sipping your cognac and choofing on a fine havana

19 hours ago, monkey4u said:

How is a 25 year old classed as a youngster??

A 25 yo Thai is classified as a youngster; mentally and physically a 25yo Thai can be compared to an 18yo Westerner; that may be the reason that they are called 'youngster'.

For many Thais 25 years is some kind of turning point; they're done with possible studies and start a new era in life: job, relation, marriage, kids, etc.

Unfortunately, for the Thai law a 20yo is seen as an adult....that's a bummer for them!!

48 minutes ago, joepattaya1961 said:

A 25 yo Thai is classified as a youngster; mentally and physically a 25yo Thai can be compared to an 18yo Westerner; that may be the reason that they are called 'youngster'.

For many Thais 25 years is some kind of turning point; they're done with possible studies and start a new era in life: job, relation, marriage, kids, etc.

Unfortunately, for the Thai law a 20yo is seen as an adult....that's a bummer for them!!

Why is that a bummer?

In the USA, one needs to be 21 to be able to buy a beer!

21 hours ago, dieseldave1951 said:

Like nicotine and alcohol, our two favorites? 

On 25/09/2016 at 7:57 PM, paulbj2 said:

The wonders of Google! A simple search revealed detailed instructions on how to turn injectable medical or veterinary ketamine hydrchloride into a snortable powder The microwave is a possible method although not a recommended one.