Six Taiwan tourists robbed in Pattaya

webfact

1 hour ago, TSF said:

Keep it up!  It won't take long for the word to spread around the Chinese about Thailand....druggings & robberies, boats sinking, crazy van & bus drivers causing accidents, LBs & motorcycle gangs grabbing bags & gold chains....then they'll go elsewhere for their holidays. So which nationality will be left to tap that the Thais haven't already lost through their greed & crime? 

From your lips to god ears

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, mesterm said:

Really pity this group. Totally an inside job. If the authorities don't do something about this, I really don't know what to say.

I've read about a lot of crap happening here over the years but this case makes me so angry for some reason. This is going way over the line, these women could have easily been molested or raped after being drugged like this.

Where's that newly migrated farang who asked us why we're so unhappy again?

was it the petty chamber maids or an orchestrated plan to steal. makes you think how and where to find safety.

If any of this group had bothered to read hotel review sites, they would not have gone within a mile of the place, the reviews are appalling. The "fragrent smell" probably had nothing to do with knock out gas, and everything to do with covering up the smell from the drains.

This has hit the local news boards in Taipei, and continued police indifference will make a lot of Taiwanese reassess their holiday bookings.

33 minutes ago, starchild5 said:

Call me racist ..I don't care...I'm Indian and I know the truth.

This whole night life, going out for fun, vacation is a farang thingy...Its part of farang culture.

Honestly, When farangs go out at night, its way past our bedtime in India :shock1:

Farangs really know their sh*t when it comes to having fun.

I only go to farang bars, farang owned condos, farangs restaurants and never had issues with robbery, bill padding etc. in Pattaya.

Pattaya was created by farangs not by Thai, Chinese or Koreans...Why would anyone be that stupid enough to not know this. Its because of freedom offered in Thailand, it boomed but the contribution of Thai's to this whole concept is ZERO.

To all Asian's..If you don't want to be ripped off, scammed, robbed or pushed...Endorse Farangs owned places...and you will just do fine. 

As an outsider...I see way more honesty in Farang business in Pattaya than others. This would not have happened, if this resort was manged, owned by a farang.

xenophobia is not good......what ever you want to put it. i have always patronised all sorts of establishment and some of the best have been Thai operated.

Did the chambermaids use chloroform as cleaning detergent ?

Anyway, how does chloroform smell ?  Is it "fragrant" as described by the Taiwanese tourists?

If they had really been drugged, and the thieves were given a free hand to rummage the room, I would be surprised if they had not violated the "fair-skinned" girls, unless the thieves were of the same gender or transvestites at least.

2 hours ago, TSF said:

Keep it up!  It won't take long for the word to spread around the Chinese about Thailand....druggings & robberies, boats sinking, crazy van & bus drivers causing accidents, LBs & motorcycle gangs grabbing bags & gold chains....then they'll go elsewhere for their holidays. So which nationality will be left to tap that the Thais haven't already lost through their greed & crime? 

Chinese cheapness will win out. They will keep coming and taking their chances not much different than their homeland. They are used to taking chances there as well. 

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Daylight robbery with the help of people working at the resort no doubt,

amazing how the criminal minds are working to come up with new ways

to robe people, but in any case, the hotel should be held fully responsible

for the loss and should compensate the ladies back fully as the theft happened

on their premises under their control.....

how can you push the responsibility to the hotel and how do you prove their negligence?

2 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

well this is good to know You think by now Tourist would know how the Thai Tourist Dept with a straight face tell tourist how it's all good in the land of smiles 

isolated cases do not smear the image of tourism, if something is rampant, yes, there is a case for blemish.

11 minutes ago, thairookie said:

Anyway, how does chloroform smell ?  Is it "fragrant" as described by the Taiwanese tourists?

If they had really been drugged, and the thieves were given a free hand to rummage the room, I would be surprised if they had not violated the "fair-skinned" girls, unless the thieves were of the same gender or transvestites at least.

velly "fragrent smell" coming from the AIR-CON. no.1 cullprit.

If this trend continues we'll see headlines '12 tourists from China dead from robbery gone wrong'. It's just a matter of time.  I agree, arrest every single person who works there, separate them in different cells and quickly you'll get answers.

To date the world has been so 'forgiving' of Thailand and its behavior towards Tourists but one day it won't. One day, probably soon, surrounding Countries will also get their act together, get a better Tourist Marketing Company and come up with appealing campaigns and we'll see millions of visitors go elsewhere.

About 9  months ago this Company was run by young Russians. An Australian booked through them and had no end of trouble.Guests are first put in villas in Palm Oasis and my friend was moved twice in the space of a day because of unsatisfactory accommodation-they were then moved to a villa in Chaiyapreuk2 which was equally unsatisfactory. As they were only here for a long week-end they baled out altogether and moved to a hotel. They did get their money back for the last couple of nights of their proposed stay.

Of course the set up may have changed recently but it is certainly not a hotel-just private villas for rent 

3 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

gassing, was quite common in Spain some years ago, done by gypsies, especially if one was to "rough camp" in a motorhome. would wake up next day with a splitting headache and all the valuables taken.

But the difference is that this wasn't in a motorhome camp, but on a private property with security.

I don't see someone walk up to a hotel with a gas bottle, and "gas" several rooms, without being noticed.

Edited by Anthony5

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Maybe a package tour, rooms already paid, so not so keen to move. Plus if already paid very reluctant to have to pay a second time, at another hotel.

The smell, yes a good reason to at least request another room. Did they request another room? Not enough detail to answer that question.

On the other hand, plenty or hotels, especially if older buildings, have quite smelly rooms.

Not a package tour. It was book through online websites such as AirBnB / Agoda / Booking.com, I actually almost book at VIP Villa as well, but read through a lot of bad reviews and rude/unresponsive staff. The company is run by a Russian lady. Not saying they are the suspect, but just pointing it out.

The smelly room is probably the drainage, as there were many complaints of that in the reviews. But they were probably robbed because of the unlock window, and very quiet thief.

46 minutes ago, thairookie said:

velly "fragrent smell" coming from the AIR-CON. no.1 cullprit.

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

For those saying the hotel should compenate the guests, no hotel in the world would do that. Most hotels have a notice displayed saying that they are not responsible for guests belongings.

Most hotels don't rob their own customers.

5 minutes ago, sahibji said:

xenophobia is not good......what ever you want to put it. i have always patronised all sorts of establishment and some of the best have been Thai operated.

Yes, if you're street smart you'd be able to do fine even in a Thai place. But if you're new to traveling or Thailand, he is right that farang operated places might be safer bets.

These Taiwanese women were not xenophobic, and look at where it landed them.

As sleeping gas is heavier than air they would have needed a lot to do this and risked killing everyone as the Russians killed 120 in the hostage crisis.

One provable is that they may have been spiked  in their food or drinks  a bit earlier.

Another is that the thieves were just very silent.

The smell was probably sewerage which we all live with in LOS, shamefully it has never been improved over the years.

I go with a small spike in the food or drinks, gas would be a probable if it was a multi million dollar jewel theft even then not likely.

Obviously a gang of robbers just like the ones that rob tourist busses all the time while the passengers are on the upper deck they rifle the luggage below.

I went on one of these after buying a ticket from a guest house, then I was warned about them getting robbed, I still went on it and took only a back pack which stayed with me.

After the bus breaking down halfway from Chiang mai to BK and then arriving in BK very late everyone discovered that their bags had been rifled.

A nasty gang connected to tourism as the Bus robbers are.   :sorry:

4 hours ago, oldlakey said:

You do realize that there will be a sign somewhere that says the management will not accept responsibility for absolutely anything that happens on their premises

Liability  cannot legally be waived with a sign or disclaimer. I would hope this is also applicable to Thai law. Those signs are for people that believe it and unknowingly shrug off their loss .