Aus Ts For Thai Gf

Hi guys,

I've read most of the TS threads but still have a few questions which i'm hoping yous can answer.

I have invited my gf to come over in march for a holiday so she can see where

and how i live before i make the move to thailand to live with her for 12months.

She will be applying for the tourist visa in bangkok, i am in melbourne.

I will provide the following documents and will be sponsoring her visa application:

1. A stat dec letter stating how we met, about our relationship, about my visits to thailand

and stating that i have invited her to australia for a holiday to see melbourne and to met

my family and friends and that she will be staying at my address and that i will be financially

supporting her during the entire duration of her stay and make sure she complies with all there

terms of her visa.

2. photocopy of notice of assessment (from tax office) photocopy of my bank

statement ($5000 enough?), photocopy of contact notice (from reiv showing ownership

of my apartment), photocopy of yarra water bill for apartment.

3. photocopy of my passport and drivers licence

She will provide the following:

1. Letter from her employer stating name, position, salary and annual leave,

signed by senior manager. Another letter written by your immediate boss

stating that you will be on holiday for a 14 days period and will be back to work

on a specific date in March.

2. A letter staying how we met and about me inviting her to australia and financially supporting her.

Documents to prove our relationship:

1. an airasia receipt (from email) from Nov 2005 showing us flying together to Chiang Mai.

(i might be able to find the credit card statement for this if its needed?)

2. multiple photos of us, a few from the 3 trips since we met.

3. receipts from the call cards i use to call her

3. her phone bill showing sms/calls to my number (not sure if she can get this)

should i provide the following:

photocopies of my passport pages showing the entry/exist stamps of my

visits to thailand to see her?

have a covered enough to make a strong application?

okay just a few questions..

she will be coming over in march, can we apply for the visit now or is

there some kind of time limit of entry to australia after the visa is issued?

my passport and drivers licences have my parents address on them, but she

will be staying at my apartment which i'm currently living in (thus the water bill). is this okay?

also does everything thats photocopied require a Justice of Peace to cert

(eg passport, drivers, bills, bank statement, receipts)?

i guess that just about covers everything... i just want to get this right first time..

our age difference (23 me 29 her) shouldn't be a factor right?

okay thanks guys.... i'm so excited about this and its still so many months away :o

Take along her bank book anyway - from what I read here when I was applying (2 yrs ago), they use $1000 AUD per month of stay as a rule of thumb for necessary funds.

Visitor Visa is valid for 12 months from memory - so you'll be fine.

I dont see problem with the address mismatch (passports have address's??) . Age difference won't be a factor.

You also might want to include a trip iternary - showing planned locations and dates.

Looks like you've got it well covered.

With all of that you will be submitting a very strong application.

Any photostat copies of originals need to be verified as a true copy. Any JP or your local police station can do that for you.

Photocopying the Thailand entry visa stamps in your passport, support your claim of being together for that time whilst in Thailand.

A tourist visa application usually takes about 4 - 5 days for approval, so if you want to travel in March of next year, no need to submit the application just yet.

Under the Australian Road Rules, if you change your address you have 14 days to notify the Transport Dept. Might be a good idea to change the address on your drivers license soon. :o

Although you are supporting her trip financially, I agree with Simmo about photostating her bank book and supplying these with her application.

The letter from her employer stating that she is required to return on a specific date in March is excellent.

Good luck to both of you.

so even if she only has 20,000 THB in her account its still worth photostating her bank book correct? okay no worries i will get her to do that.

MM, the only thing i'm worry about it buying a ticket now, then applying for a visa closer to the date and having it rejected.

is there any problem with applying for the visit now? then we can book and pay for a flight knowing that the trip is going ahead.

as for the licence thing, well my parents house is still my primary residence, so i wont be changing it. i spend about the same amount of time at both addresses (about a 10minute drive apart)

Smacko....

With the info provided the application looks quite good....

You dont need to provide photocopies of everything....your passport and D/L should be copied and wont need to be certified for a tourist visa....Your girl will have to sign a form stating that all documents be returned, this is provided by the visa office.

The tourist visa has a validity of 3 months from date of grant...so she must travel within the three months. This should give you time to purchase the ticket once the visa is approved.

As you are sponsoring her then she will not need to provide proof of her own funds although it wouldnt hurt to show them a copy.

You should be able to get a copy of your SMS and calls (limited to previous 2 months) to her from your mobile by going to your providers website...I can do this with Vodaphone.

Your ages are fine.

You can get the application in Oz from the department or download from the website and complete it yourself as much as possible and send it to her to finish and lodge.

My GF now wife came here to Melbourne on 3 month visa then a month after returning came again for 6 months with a big fat Zero in her bank account

As long as the sponser has enough funds to support her while she is here is what they are looking for

Good Luck its in the bag

gburns57au,

so what your saying is for the tourist visa i dont require a visit to the JP?

so just a stat dec and thats it correct?

i've with vodafone prepaid, been trying to load my 'call history' page but it aint loading....... will keep trying.

thanks for all the replies, i think we will put the application in in mid dec, as she plans to visit on the 9th of March

What Graham said is that you don't need to have photocopies verified for a tourist visa. You will need to have them verified for a spouse visa.

If you have them verified now for this particular tourist visa, the same document can be used again for any subsequent spouse visa. A verified copy will always carry more weight than an unverified document.

With regard to her bank book, if you photostat it for the tourist visa application, you can use that copy to compare it with any subsequent spouse visa application later on. Both together will show a pattern of savings over a certain period of time. A pattern of savings supports the statement of earnings provided by her employer.

Although your application looks very strong, there are no guarantees of success. If you buy an air ticket before the visa is considered, you may be left with an air ticket and no visa.

I suggest that you time your application submission to coincide with your planned date of travel, get visa approval first before you buy the ticket.

With regard to your drivers license, the requirement is that the premises you claim to be living in must be your primary place of abode. If that is your parents place, and if that's the address on your license, there is no need to change it.

Hey, Smacko,

Best of luck with your application and a special thank you to all the posters on this board who have provided me with much valuable information.

I was in Thailand in early October and met a lovely lady. We only spent a few days together, but I got to thinking how nice it would be for here to come to Australia for a visit. Based on all the information on the board I invited her. In the past two weeks she obtained her Thai passport and applied last Monday for a visitor visa. As recommended, I sent a photocopy (not verified) of my passport, some pictures of us together, a letter from my employer detailing my salary (no bank records) and an introductory letter outlining my sponsorship of the entire holiday. She has no money (I had to Western Union her money for the application) and is presently unemployed. She obtained a reference letter from her past employer and submitted the application. We provided no proof of communications (e-mails, sms, phone calls). I figured her chances of getting an approval were slim to non-existant.

Imagine my surprise, when she phones me yesterday to say she has her passport back with the Tourist Visa approved! I have arranged a flight for this Thursday and we'll spend a week together and see where things go. I figured the short time of our friendship, her lack of funds and no job to return to would have limited the success of the application.

Regarding your question about the entry stamps in your passport, I figure once the embassy have your passport number they can establish your travel history. BTW, as mentioned, entry into Australia needs to be made within three months from the date of issue on the visa, so hold off till January perhaps for your application.

sc00ter.

gburns57au,

so what your saying is for the tourist visa i dont require a visit to the JP?

so just a stat dec and thats it correct?

i've with vodafone prepaid, been trying to load my 'call history' page but it aint loading....... will keep trying.

thanks for all the replies, i think we will put the application in in mid dec, as she plans to visit on the 9th of March

You need to register on the website to get call history....your telephone number is the user name....when she gets here, get her a Vodaphone prepaid for the free calls Voda to Voda....and also to copy her calls to you when she is here. The call history is printable.

Re the application...thats about right...No real need to certify copies for a TV..but as MM said, it is a must for a spouse visa. Still add the photocopies to the application though certified or not as every little bit helps.