Two bombs explode in Dresden

webfact

Two bombs explode in Dresden

Catherine Hardy

606x341_345096.jpg

– Two bombs explode in Dresden

– “Aggression is on the rise” – German interior minister

– Weekend events planned for reunification anniversary

DRESDEN: -- Two improvised bombs exploded in the eastern German city of Dresden on Monday evening.

One device was at a mosque, the second was at an international conference centre.

“Aggression, including that against practicers of Islam in Germany, is on the rise, so it is even more appalling that an explosives attack took place yesterday evening in Dresden at a mosque and a congress centre, just one day before the tenth anniversary of the German-Islam conference,” German Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere told reporters.

Was anyone hurt?

No.

Police say no one has been injured.

The imam of the mosque was inside the building with his wife and sons when the first device went off.

They were not hurt, but the building has been damaged by pressure waves.

Shortly afterwards, the International Congress centre was damaged by an improvised device.

Patrons were evacuated from the bar of an hotel nearby.

Why Dresden?

The city was the cradle of the anti-Islam PEGIDA grassroots movement.

Weekly rallies attracted around 20,000 supporters at the height of its popularity at the start of 2015.

More generally, the influx of around one million migrants to Germany last year has increased social tensions.

There have been some high-profile attacks on refugee shelters, particularly in eastern Germany.

Timed to coincide with reunification celebrations?

“Even if we so far have no claim of responsibility, we must go on the basis that the motive was xenophobic,” the president of Dresden Police Horst Kretschmar told police.

He said police believe there is a link to the coming weekend’s celebrations in the city to mark the anniversary of German reunification on October 3, 1990.

Has security been stepped up?

Partly. During the night, police officers were sent to protect other mosques in the city.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-09-28

1 hour ago, halloween said:

Police officers sent to protect other mosques in the city should photograph all those entering and leaving. Could come in handy later.

I am almost speechless.

A mosque get's bombed and you turn this Anti- Muslim with the first post in the thread!

You have really no shame!

12 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Angela , you caused all this ,are you proud ? this is just the start ,it can only get worse .

BS!

The Eastern- part of Germany is notorious to this kind of stuff.

Shortly after the wall came down (in 1989, for those with a short memory span), there were refugee- homes burning in Rostock, for example.

This has got nothing to do with Merckel, but with the isolation of the GDR, no real talk about WW2, the history and fails of Nazi- German AND the GDR and a sense of entitlement, implanted by Mr. Kohl and his gang!

East- Germans got all the old age pension, social security, health insurance etc. from Day 1- and they did not arrive from some war- torn area.

And they are the ones who now show an absolute lack of humanity towards those, who are not as well off!

But I don't expect right-wingers like you, to look for anything else but an easy cop out!

The problem is a lot deeper, than you are willing or able to see!

24 minutes ago, DM07 said:

BS!

Shortly after the wall came down (in 1989, for those with a short memory span), there were refugee- homes burning in Rostock, for example.

This has got nothing to do with Merckel, but with the isolation of the GDR, no real talk about WW2, the history and fails of Nazi- German AND the GDR and a sense of entitlement, implanted by Mr. Kohl and his gang!

East- Germans got all the old age pension, social security, health insurance etc. from Day 1- and they did not arrive from some war- torn area.

And they are the ones who now show an absolute lack of humanity towards those, who are not as well off!

But I don't expect right-wingers like you, to look for anything else but an easy cop out!

A mosque gets bombed and you say it's WW2 repercussions? In denial much?

2 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

A mosque gets bombed and you say it's WW2 repercussions? In denial much?

That is not what I am saying and what you would understand, if you would take off your anti- Muslim- glasses for a second!

What I am saying is that fascist, anti-social, anti- foreigner- resentments in (especially) East- Germany are far deeper rooted and not a result of Angela Merckels refugee- policy!

She is unfortunately reaping, what other before her have sown!

17 minutes ago, DM07 said:

That is not what I am saying and what you would understand, if you would take off your anti- Muslim- glasses for a second!

What I am saying is that fascist, anti-social, anti- foreigner- resentments in (especially) East- Germany are far deeper rooted and not a result of Angela Merckels refugee- policy!

The mosque just got in the way then?

49 minutes ago, DM07 said:

They the Fascist will soon take over German as before. If I was a Muslim I will leave German at once rather than take a chance

Who will save them for the Fascist Killers as are talking about

4 hours ago, DM07 said:

Totally agree but unfortunately you will never get through to those who have their heads deeply imbedded in their own prejudices.

19 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Totally agree but unfortunately you will never get through to those who have their heads deeply imbedded in their own prejudices.

How cute! You call that part of the body "prejudice"? 

:rolleyes:

BS!

Why should East Germans not have got all those benefits from day 1,they to are German ,its not their fault that they were trapped behind a wall for all those years ,they were not immigrants when the wall fell,they were Germans

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, i claudius said:

Why should East Germans not have got all those benefits from day 1,they to are German ,its not their fault that they were trapped behind a wall for all those years ,they were not immigrants when the wall fell,they were Germans

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

...but it is the fault of every refugee, that some dudes bomb their town to rubble?

Got it!

8 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Do you have statistics to back that up?

Noooo, he has not!

But only because Merckel told the "Luegenpresse" to get in line behind her failed politics!

And also because of the Illuminati and chem trails and stuff...

12 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Do you have statistics to back that up?

Statistics ,who the hell needs statistics ,just look at the hundreds of pictures in the papers of hundreds upon hundreds of lines of men , marching across the world to get to the west , how many women do you see? answer on a postage stamp please ,

33 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Statistics ,who the hell needs statistics ,just look at the hundreds of pictures in the papers of hundreds upon hundreds of lines of men , marching across the world to get to the west , how many women do you see? answer on a postage stamp please ,

Oh...: "I saw it in a picture, so it must be true..."

Pathetic!

I once saw a picture of Bigfoot, so I guess, we can lay the question to rest, if he actually exists!

Edited by DM07

43 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Thanks - exactly the answer I expected, not because I had particular expectations about you personally, but because there is no other response - naked prejudice is the only basis for your statement.

On 9/27/2016 at 10:45 PM, DM07 said:

I am almost speechless.

A mosque get's bombed and you turn this Anti- Muslim with the first post in the thread!

You have really no shame!

I  appreciate your point. However, may I direct your attention to the fact that in most cases, the people bombing mosques  are muslim. My understandis that the Shiities and   Sunnis  do not get along and  seek to kill each other.

1 hour ago, DM07 said:

Oh...: "I saw it in a picture, so it must be true..."

Pathetic!

I once saw a picture of Bigfoot, so I guess, we can lay the question to rest, if he actually exists!

Yes they are all faked , go on living in your dreamworld ,waste of time talking to you and left wing luvies like you . sorry i live in the real world not Jeremy Corbyns la la land .

25 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Yes they are all faked , go on living in your dreamworld ,waste of time talking to you and left wing luvies like you . sorry i live in the real world not Jeremy Corbyns la la land .

Your frame of reference is based upon newspaper photographs yet you accuse others of living in la la land? You do realise, don't you, that the Barclay brothers are laughing their tits off at you?

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

I  appreciate your point. However, may I direct your attention to the fact that in most cases, the people bombing mosques  are muslim. My understandis that the Shiities and   Sunnis  do not get along and  seek to kill each other.

This is Dresden!

I am willing to bet, that there is a non- Muslim- background to this story and that was done by some Nazi- swine!