Former Israeli PM Shimon Peres dies

webfact

15 minutes ago, Morch said:

Peres did not change his opinions about settlements? You better read the OP again. While have another go at the article you linked. Specially, the bit quoted is related to "I interviewed Peres a second time, in 1976,...". Alleging that Rabin's differences with Peres had to do with the latter's supposedly pro-settlement views is not supported by anything posted.

Alleged...If like you pretend, knows more than anybody about Peres and Rabin, you should not have any doubt about hius views...after 1976 of course...

14 minutes ago, Morch said:

Where did Rabin "pointed this out quite clearly"? And doubt anyone labeled Lievberman a "peace bringer". Troll away...

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-05-05/news/mn-31529_1_foreign-minister

you re served, about Lieberman, if you have read the full exchange you would have understood...but as usual you jump on the keyboard...answering my comment in three separate answers, show clearly your lack of focus..

He may have been a warrior when called upon but he also negotiated the best hope for peace Israel ever had sadly rejected by the Knesset. Now the road to peace is much harder. Men like him will be missed by both Israeli and Palestinian. Hard but fair and pragmatic. Not easy to find on today's world stage

5 hours ago, Tallagada said:

Alleged...If like you pretend, knows more than anybody about Peres and Rabin, you should not have any doubt about hius views...after 1976 of course...

http://articles.latimes.com/1993-05-05/news/mn-31529_1_foreign-minister

you re served, about Lieberman, if you have read the full exchange you would have understood...but as usual you jump on the keyboard...answering my comment in three separate answers, show clearly your lack of focus..

Reading Comprehension 101: It was alleged by you, and you did not provide anything to support it. 

Reading Comprehension 102: "Peres, the more dovish official, urged an acceleration of talks with greater Israeli flexibility,..." (from the new link provided, which does not even mention the illegal settlements).

...but as usual...

Joined September 21

Welcome back

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I figured Obama and Bill Clinton would be there. But Hillary Clinton? In the middle of a campaign? She should go of course, but that's kind of unusual. Of course trump shouldn't go. I don't think he even knew him. 

But Peres seems to have "known" Trump:

t 'p.png

Not sure what the other stuff is about.

On 9/29/2016 at 4:44 AM, Enoon said:

But Peres seems to have "known" Trump:

t 'p.png

Not sure what the other stuff is about.

In case anyone is wondering what Shimon Peres thought about Sniffles trump. They were not friends.

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/351136/shimon-peres-slammed-donald-trumps-ideas-as-unbelievable-and-ignorant-in-la/?attribution=home-breaking-news-headline-4

“The idea of Mr. Trump, to isolate America,” Peres said, “Shall I say, in a nice way, it’s unbelievable, ignorant.” In the interview, conducted in Italy in where Peres participated in an international forum, the Israeli leader spoke out against the type of isolationist policy he saw in Trump’s suggestions. “America is leading the world, the world will not lead itself,” he said.

Edited by Jingthing

A sweet story about Peres' long term Pinoy caretaker:

Ferdz Capacia, Shimon Peres’s Filipino caregiver, said goodbye to his “VIP boss” in a tender note on Facebook after Israel’s ninth president passed away on the morning of Wednesday, September 28.

Capacia wrote that he would miss Peres’s smile, his “big voice” and the way he wished him goodnight in Hebrew before he went to sleep, saying “Lalya tov, Freddy.”

Capacia thanked the elder statesman for “trusting a Filipino like me.”

http://forward.com/news/israel/350961/shimon-peres-gets-heartfelt-facebook-goodbye-from-filipino-caregiver/