Marriage exstension Chonburi immigration home visit. Anybody have a report to offer

Shall be apparently receiving our first visit from immigration. Due to a marriage VISA exstension. This shall be Chonburi. She says they will talk to the neighbours. This is silly as we keep to ourselves and the neighbours are not even present. This building is all Russian and most rooms are empty. Due to returning home.

Are you in a condo ?

If so, if they can't talk to the neighbors, they will talk to the Staff of the Condo and to the security guards. They (immigration) are just trying to establish if you are really living together and it's not a fake marriage.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Are you in a condo ?

If so, if they can't talk to the neighbors, they will talk to the Staff of the Condo and to the security guards. They (immigration) are just trying to establish if you are really living together and it's not a fake marriage.

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Are you in a condo ?

2 hours ago, MJCM said:

Are you in a condo ?

So you have been through this process yes ?

They basically come along and talk about our personal business to anyone they wish yes. We do not like the condo management. The whole building was built with plastic door handles on solid steel front doors.  After is snapped off we were forced to pay for steel handles and the dirty manager made us pay for service of her maintenence boy. Which mind you should have been free. Maybe she can tell them how much we hate her lol. 

Fair enough I give it a try. Our condo maanger she is a robber and rude little amature. Started trouble for us at the earliest convenience. 

We dislike the management and vice a versa. Anyway our personal business where we live has nothing to do with immigration.

Thanks. 

7 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

If your wife has many friends or aquaintances who can confirm that you are indeed living as a husband and wife, you don't have a problem. Thai Immigration usually does a house visit on the first application for an extension of stay. The officer/s are usually friendly and are merely doing their job which attempts to weed out those engaging in sham marriages for the purpose of staying in the country.

Some people regard a 90 day report as rude. Up to you. Attitude always helps here. 

Not that different from New Zealand where overseas students have checks from police etc and are checked on visa status etc.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

So don't apply for an extension based on marriage. Problem solved. 

The reason they feel the need to check up on you is that so many people have applied for marriage extensions despite not having a genuine marriage to a Thai. So if you want to be angry with anyone (and you seem to already be angry with quite a few people), direct your anger at all the other farangs who have abused the system. 

Fair enough. Anyway all is legit and we have nothing to worry about. Yes we do not appreciate being robbed and disrespect via a building manager. Had anyone paid 10 baht for I photocopy lol. We live in a good development. In BKK I owned a condo ON NUT. The office did it free. I was amazed. My former Condo in Pattaya 2 3 baht.

10 BAHT what a robbing rodent. 

We live 85Km from Chiang Mai immigration and when we applied for our Marriage Visa we had an interview with a very pleasant immigration officer and we took a well respected person from our nearest village, who had known us for some years, who spoke on our behalf. No need for a visit. All very pleasant and well done Thai Immigration for carrying out these checks. I was asking a country to let me stay here and, in effect, invading their privacy, so don't blame them for asking you a few questions. They should.!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KIWILEE said:

We live 85Km from Chiang Mai immigration and when we applied for our Marriage Visa we had an interview with a very pleasant immigration officer and we took a well respected person from our nearest village, who had known us for some years, who spoke on our behalf. No need for a visit. All very pleasant and well done Thai Immigration for carrying out these checks. I was asking a country to let me stay here and, in effect, invading their privacy, so don't blame them for asking you a few questions. They should.!!!

Invading there privacy funny stuff.

My country has 150 nationalities. We offer refuge and help to Asians. In fact we were the first to offer immigration including free homes. These people are lucky we spend out money in there country. I not wish to. My wife's here. 

Edited by performance
  • Like 1

I done 3 Married-Extension and have 3 home visit.

2 at Nonthaubri Immigration, and last one here at Si Racha Immigration (Chonburi).

At Nonthaburi we live in condo, So we use office staff, the guard(s) or the cleaning people.

At  Si Racha Immigration we have to take witness to Immigration office.

A few question to the witness about us, Them see us together, How long them know us, They know we live as married people and so on.

Immigration take picture of witness ID-Card. maybe 5 minute.

At Si Racha Immigration copy of witness ID-Card and house book.

At the home visist:

A few question for the wife and i, How long in thailand, How long together, when we start living together and so on.

Take a few pictures in our place, a few pictures where 1 Immigration office is in the picture.
And one outside condo tower with Immigration office.

And now, one outside our house with Immigration office.

Around 15-20 min.

And when finish, more time for Chit Chat about every thing.

It is very relaxing, And i have no problem with it.

Do not fell "  invasion of privacy "

Si Racha Immigration told me, home visit every year, So next year again, and yes, They very welcome here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, performance said:

My wife has many to confirm. This house visit rubbish is a invasion of privacy. And plain rude sorry.

There is always the opportunity to enjoy your privacy in your home state.  That is, if there is privacy there too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, performance said:

Invading there privacy funny stuff.

My country has 150 nationalities. We offer refuge and help to Asians. In fact we were the first to offer immigration including free homes. These people are lucky we spend out money in there country. I not wish to. My wife's here. 

Your lucky to be tolerated here and to be able to stay for long periods of time. I feel heartbroken for you having your privacy invaded over a questionnaire.

People need to get a grip on reality and start realising they are immigrants here and as such, need to be accountable. Of course there is an airport that is open 24/7 with planes available to take you anywhere you choose to go that will make you happy.

• Like 2

Yes, I also had a problem. I got a visit from them, when my wife was away for a few days.

Big problem was that my next door neighbor was at my house. She had just come out of the shower.

Hard to explain this to immigration. I got a lecture from the guys; about banging the neighbor.

55 minutes ago, smccolley said:

I have been getting an extension of stay for marriage at Jomtien office every year for at least 8 years. They have never once talked to the neighbors...

Do you have kids by any chance ? That could be reasons that you don't get home visits.

We have had many visa extensions for marriage but never had a visit until I changed from retirement to marriage this month and we just had a visit they asked my wife to have a friend there when they visit, So my wife asked her friend who knows us for over 16 years to come over. They were very friendly and polite asked a few questions, took some photos,  The wife's friend signed a few papers and they were off no problem.

regards

Scotsman      

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ronuk said:

Your lucky to be tolerated here and to be able to stay for long periods of time. I feel heartbroken for you having your privacy invaded over a questionnaire.

People need to get a grip on reality and start realising they are immigrants here and as such, need to be accountable. Of course there is an airport that is open 24/7 with planes available to take you anywhere you choose to go that will make you happy.

Funny man 

1 hour ago, smccolley said:

I have been getting an extension of stay for marriage at Jomtien office every year for at least 8 years. They have never once talked to the neighbors...

Cheers mate all I needed to know. These neighbours would not know who we are. The cleaner can't speak English with a terrible manner. The security knows where married. End of story :)

1 hour ago, ToS2014 said:

There is always the opportunity to enjoy your privacy in your home state.  That is, if there is privacy there too.

Character

26 minutes ago, MJCM said:

Do you have kids by any chance ? That could be reasons that you don't get home visits.

No Sir

16 minutes ago, scotsman said:

We have had many visa extensions for marriage but never had a visit until I changed from retirement to marriage this month and we just had a visit they asked my wife to have a friend there when they visit, So my wife asked her friend who knows us for over 16 years to come over. They were very friendly and polite asked a few questions, took some photos,  The wife's friend signed a few papers and they were off no problem.

regards

Scotsman      

Hey did they notify you as to when they would come. As my wife works certain hours as well.

3 hours ago, JJ Madcow said:

I done 3 Married-Extension and have 3 home visit.

2 at Nonthaubri Immigration, and last one here at Si Racha Immigration (Chonburi).

At Nonthaburi we live in condo, So we use office staff, the guard(s) or the cleaning people.

At  Si Racha Immigration we have to take witness to Immigration office.

A few question to the witness about us, Them see us together, How long them know us, They know we live as married people and so on.

Immigration take picture of witness ID-Card. maybe 5 minute.

At Si Racha Immigration copy of witness ID-Card and house book.

At the home visist:

A few question for the wife and i, How long in thailand, How long together, when we start living together and so on.

Take a few pictures in our place, a few pictures where 1 Immigration office is in the picture.
And one outside condo tower with Immigration office.

And now, one outside our house with Immigration office.

Around 15-20 min.

And when finish, more time for Chit Chat about every thing.

It is very relaxing, And i have no problem with it.

Do not fell "  invasion of privacy "

Si Racha Immigration told me, home visit every year, So next year again, and yes, They very welcome here.

You been rightly put the wringer. Glad I not in Siracha 

@Performance

Let your wife find the witness, take her a few minute, max 30 minute.
Many Thai are very open and social, love to "chit chat" and help out.

If need little ekstra, Say you give some food when done with Immigration, Thai love food !!!

The witness don´t need to be able to speak English, only Thai to the Immigration office.

I never have problems find help where i live, but i am nice to the staff, give desert, open door, help the cleaning people with garbage, give little "bonus" to them all, around new year.

Food, dessert, fruit and so on.

Small stuff, but they all remember me.

When Immigration come, They call your wife a few days before to set a date and time for the meeting.

Again, Immigration are very nice about it, and ask when i be good you for the home visit.

So first time Immigration come and people in our building hear it, 8-10 people come to help out.

Kindly.

54 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

@Performance

Let your wife find the witness, take her a few minute, max 30 minute.
Many Thai are very open and social, love to "chit chat" and help out.

If need little ekstra, Say you give some food when done with Immigration, Thai love food !!!

The witness don´t need to be able to speak English, only Thai to the Immigration office.

I never have problems find help where i live, but i am nice to the staff, give desert, open door, help the cleaning people with garbage, give little "bonus" to them all, around new year.

Food, dessert, fruit and so on.

Small stuff, but they all remember me.

When Immigration come, They call your wife a few days before to set a date and time for the meeting.

Again, Immigration are very nice about it, and ask when i be good you for the home visit.

So first time Immigration come and people in our building hear it, 8-10 people come to help out.

Kindly.

Lovely story and unfortunately the staff here are rude and as my wife says. There's no Thais living here only Russians. We have already experienced the rudeness of these people working here. Lazy Thais only interested in robbing people. Never have we seen such rude lazy Thais working in a upmarket Condo.  Immigration can do as they wish. I wonthink be asking any of these people.

If they can't see where married there's a real problem in there investigation skills. Anyway welcome to Pattaya.

As my wife says these people are no good this condo. I had enough and I surely would not be helping feed any of these falang hating rodents.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, performance said:

Lovely story and unfortunately the staff here are rude and as my wife says. There's no Thais living here only Russians. We have already experienced the rudeness of these people working here. Lazy Thais only interested in robbing people. Never have we seen such rude lazy Thais working in a upmarket Condo.  Immigration can do as they wish. I wonthink be asking any of these people.

If they can't see where married there's a real problem in there investigation skills. Anyway welcome to Pattaya.

As my wife says these people are no good this condo. I had enough and I surely would not be helping feed any of these falang hating rodents.

Your posts exude happiness with your life in Pattaya. Good luck and I hope you find some decent Thais one day. They are out there. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

Your posts exude happiness with your life in Pattaya. Good luck and I hope you find some decent Thais one day. They are out there. 

Yes you are right. I have met many really good Thais. Unfortunately we landed on the wrong chess board move.