sakon nakhon

update  for me on yearly visa extension ( marriage )    has the uk embassy verification  income letter    needed to be  

also verified  by the ministry  in Bangkok   as i have been reading   some immigration offices  have been requesting this bonus feature 

I went to Sakon Nakhon about 3 weeks ago to do my Retirement Extension and the 'Income Verification' as supplied by the U.S. Embassy was all they required to meet the Thai income requirements. 

The process was painless and professional, with the only extra forms required being an emergency contact form, and a form stating I understood the new overstay rules. Both of these forms were supplied by the Thai Immigration officer.

Additionally, at the time I applied for the extension,  they did not require me to complete the new information form that many have reported on being required elsewhere.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

It's probably best to check with the Sakon Nakhon office before you apply, but it's not something being asked for countrywide so it's unlikely that you'll need it.

i agree the direct route  good idea  sort of situation don't rock the boat comes to mind

hence my informal enquiry here  bit more subtle i think 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lamkyong said:

i agree the direct route  good idea  sort of situation don't rock the boat comes to mind

hence my informal enquiry here  bit more subtle i think 

My wife, (Thai) called the office a few days prior to our visit, and she said they were very helpful in providing the information she requested. I did give her a short list that she used to confirm the current documents list and any other local requirements.

Cheers!