Expats-Quo Vadis?

swissie

10 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Where are you going OP.  :biggrin:

Don't have any problem with any paperwork the Thai immigration throws at me if it keeps the scumbags out or tries too rock on.

If it really bothers someone then you know what they say to people that don't like the heat in kitchen.

He sounds like a guy getting a divorce from a Thai woman.  I could be wrong.

On 9/30/2016 at 10:18 PM, richard_smith237 said:

The remaining 35% of the population or approximately 23 Million is hardly a small minority... 

But, the question really begs... given Thailand's current government is there any way to obtain an accurate or real statistic of support ??  

I would say that 65% is pretty accurate based on independant polls. After all they origionally gave the government a much higher figure.  Regarding the 35% who do not support the government, I would say alot of them don"t care rather than they are anti government 

9 minutes ago, gamini said:

I would say that 65% is pretty accurate based on independant polls. After all they origionally gave the government a much higher figure.  Regarding the 35% who do not support the government, I would say alot of them don"t care rather than they are anti government 

65% is a pretty over-whelming endorsement for a democratically elected government.  I'm somewhat surprised that a military junta that overthrew a populist party achieves that.

But you and I digress.  The topic of the form was "Quo Vadis?"

Vasi.  

As I've posted elsewhere, I was not successful in my job, opportunities arose elsewhere and I moved on, long-term educational needs dictated repatriation for the family, and although it was not the reason for either move, the potential for political and civil instability meant I was slightly relieved when the moves were complete.

SC