Monks should share the faith - not share the Birthday Cake!

webfact

3 minutes ago, nausea said:

No, but I share their principles, or at least Guatama's 

search for the truth, through experential experience, as opposed to textbooks or theory.

Well in that case nausea I hope your search proves fruitful and it turns out not to be all crap, and you achieve enlightenment / nirvana or whatever final outcome you seek

Many instances of monks up to all sorts of things they shouldn't be doing and no doubt many of those who criticize are less than perfect example of Buddhism themselves.
Plenty of hypocrisy to go round. 

I agree
TAT. Are a perfect example!!!!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, nausea said:

No, but I share their principles, or at least Guatama's 

search for the truth, through experential experience, as opposed to textbooks or theory.

I rather like these two quotations from that venerable gentleman, the Dalai Lama.

1. “People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.”

2. “The whole purpose of religion is to facilitate love and compassion, patience, tolerance, humility, and forgiveness.”

Live and let. And if that includes eating birthday cake, then let them carry on and enjoy. Life is too short to be making a fuss about such trifling matters.

8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I rather like these two quotations from that venerable gentleman, the Dalai Lama.

1. “People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.”

2. “The whole purpose of religion is to facilitate love and compassion, patience, tolerance, humility, and forgiveness.”

Live and let. And if that includes eating birthday cake, then let them carry on and enjoy. Life is too short to be making a fuss about such trifling matters.

The DL really said "gotten"?

15 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Has anyone bothered to read the article? Well I have and the above is wrong. Netizens are just discussing if it is appropriate or not. Read the replies and you'll find more saying it is acceptable.  How can we know what the people sharing it have said?

Wow, this is nothing.

More people said it WAS appropriate.

NEWS  SHOULD BE FACT.

"Fact times importance equals news!".     

File:Fact x importance equals ne.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edited by Enoon

7 hours ago, Enoon said:
22 hours ago, Johnniey said:

Has anyone bothered to read the article? Well I have and the above is wrong. Netizens are just discussing if it is appropriate or not. Read the replies and you'll find more saying it is acceptable.  How can we know what the people sharing it have said?

Wow, this is nothing.

More people said it WAS appropriate.

NEWS  SHOULD BE FACT.

"Fact times importance equals news!".     

File:Fact x importance equals ne.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Johniey makes a valid point here. The article says that 'The story had been shared more than 8,000 times by yesterday'. Again, it says 'shared', It does not say 8,000 people complained.

But what bugs me more is that any news media should find such a trivial matter newsworthy,

And even more. What is such trivial stuff doing on this forum?

Lets all remember that Buddhism as a religion is as comic as Christianity or Islam. Very few actually care about the supposed tenants, they want the comfort. Monks are just humans who eat <deleted> and kill like all other humans. Why so upset about a birthday cake? I live next to a temple and have seen monks there involved in every kind of forbidden behavior and this includes eating McDonalds at 4 in the afternoon, drinking alcohol, having sex (yes behind my house). We all see them in the tech shops and malls, what the hell are they doing there, what about the fact that someone took a photo of this b-day cake and uploaded it on their phone, why does he have a phone? It's all farce that sucks resources from the community in the name of a man who rejected organized religion. 

On 30/09/2016 at 1:30 AM, rkidlad said:

Meanwhile, we have people getting dubious construction contracts, but let's all take to the internet to get angry about some cake eating monks.

That must have been some cake, a cake that eats monks; rather gory, I should say. Fortunately, though, it was not some monk-eating cake, but some cake-eating monks.

13 minutes ago, Puccini said:

That must have been some cake, a cake that eats monks; rather gory, I should say. Fortunately, though, it was not some monk-eating cake, but some cake-eating monks.

You, sir, need to get laid.