Thai - French beef

migrant

I was going to post in the Thai food section, but thought this more in keeping with my question.

I've had the Thai-French steaks, and they seem pretty good.  At Makro the other day and saw many varieties of steak with Thai writing, but nothing specifically saying Thai-French.

My question(s), does Makro carry these?  If so what does the package look like?

If not, anyone try the Thai steaks and are any good?

Thanks!

I really like Thai-french. You can't find it at Makro. At least I have never seen it. They have a shop behind the Villa on 39 in Bkk.

Alot of people can't imagine beef and Thai in the same sentence.  I agree wholeheartedly, especially when it comes to the other suppliers. But TF, esp when dry aged is very good beef. The problem is that there are restaurants that pass bad Thai beef off as TF.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

I really like Thai-french. You can't find it at Makro. At least I have never seen it. They have a shop behind the Villa on 39 in Bkk.

Alot of people can't imagine beef and Thai in the same sentence.  I agree wholeheartedly, especially when it comes to the other suppliers. But TF, esp when dry aged is very good beef. The problem is that there are restaurants that pass bad Thai beef off as TF.

see the topic in the issan forum,AUSTRALIAN BEEF. its mostly about thai-french [PON-YANG-KHAM] thats one place to get it VILLA bkk.

• 1 month later...

As I live on the border of Udon Thani and Sakhon Nakon, I take the drive once a month to the cattle station an stock up, originally from Australia, we have some really good meat, but as for the Thai/French meat, it's up there, especially the Sirloin, the T-bone is good, but a little on the thins side for my liking, so when I go I get about 30 Sirloins and about 10 T-bones just to mix it up, an esky, and stop to get some ice and Bob's your uncle as the going says.

Steak medium rare with a salad or chips once in a while and a cold beer and good to go.

They have a restaurant on site, so you can try before you buy, but I wasn't impressed at 1st, purchased a small order, only to return a week later to stock up for the month.

Depending on where you are, they do deliveries by bus I hear, but you have to meet the bus ?

www.thaifrenchbeef.com is their website, best have a translator though.

I have never been a big meat eater, but I can eat this juicy Sirloin medium rare until the day I die.

• 9 months later...
7 minutes ago, bleble said:

I wonder why it's not more famous if it's as good as imported beef ?

And if the owner is dead, who manages the business since ?

famous?

it been around for years, i have known about it and been buying it for at least 10, if not longer.

i suspect that its not famous only because you have never heard of it

7 hours ago, HooHaa said:

famous?

it been around for years, i have known about it and been buying it for at least 10, if not longer.

i suspect that its not famous only because you have never heard of it

It's not famous because 99% or more restaurants in this country that sell good beef IMPORT IT ! understand ?! not so difficult right ?!

If the Thai french beef was as good and cheaper than imported meat I guess that all restaurants would use it. So who is wrong here ?

27 minutes ago, bleble said:

It's not famous because 99% or more restaurants in this country that sell good beef IMPORT IT ! understand ?! not so difficult right ?!

If the Thai french beef was as good and cheaper than imported meat I guess that all restaurants would use it. So who is wrong here ?

99% percent or more? 

whats your source on that statistic?

is it more famous now that you have heard of it?

It's pretty obvious that some sour puppy's are unable to accommodate any sense of reasonable balance when discussing Thai products...  I really do wonder how these type of people get along from day to day when they are so bitter...  digression done with and moving back into the topic at hand... 

Thai - French beef: Its perfectly reasonable.... I've found it to be a little hit and miss on occasions, but for the most part I find it quite good value for money especially when cutting a 2" thick Rib eye for the BBQ and sharing with friends... 

Kasetsart University Beef is also pretty good eating. 

None of these are comparable to Black Angus neither could they ever be as tender as Wagyu - but thats not the point of this thread...  Both Thai-French and KU beef offer excellent value for money IMO. 

45 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

It's pretty obvious that some sour puppy's are unable to accommodate any sense of reasonable balance when discussing Thai products...  I really do wonder how these type of people get along from day to day when they are so bitter...  digression done with and moving back into the topic at hand... 

Thai - French beef: Its perfectly reasonable.... I've found it to be a little hit and miss on occasions, but for the most part I find it quite good value for money especially when cutting a 2" thick Rib eye for the BBQ and sharing with friends... 

None of these are comparable to Black Angus neither could they ever be as tender as Wagyu - but thats not the point of this thread...  Both Thai-French and KU beef offer excellent value for money IMO. 

So most restaurants selling good beef keep importing because no Thai beef can compete with imported one ? Or maybe they are as stupid as me and never tried it ?

1 hour ago, HooHaa said:

99% percent or more? 

whats your source on that statistic?

is it more famous now that you have heard of it?

Enough of your useless replies, can you please just look around ? Why is this forum full of idiots who keep replying when they have nothing useful and smart to say ? I GUESS THAT WE WOULD KNOW IT IF MOST RESTAURANTS SELLING GOOD BEEF IN THAILAND WHERE SELLING THAI BEEF, RIGHT ? or do I need to go back to univ !?

10 minutes ago, bleble said:

So most restaurants selling good beef keep importing because no Thai beef can compete with imported one ? Or maybe they are as stupid as me and never tried it ?

No Bleble, they could never be as stupid as you, you win that one.?

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

for somebody like myself,who used to buy HEREFORD BLACK BEEF from the farms in wales,i would rate 

PON-YANG-KHAM beef for quality,taste and price as good as imported.not including wagu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 24/09/2017 at 11:51 AM, farmerjo said:

At Makro,i presume their local cuts as packing is in Thai.

Prakob rib eye is the best i've tried.

Tried another from Ibrorheem,sirlion not as good as above.  

Update,being buying MAX BEEF at makro for a while now.

Best by a mile,supposedly grain fed and aged.

At around 270 baht per steak i think it's good value.

20180303_155056.jpg

Archived