Number plate from another province - question on logistics

DrWats0n

I tried a search but the forum search feature seems to be a bit "off" right now. 

If somebody was to buy a number plate in Bangkok, what would the process be to use that plate on previously registered motorbike in Phuket? What paperwork would be required with this process? 

Primary residence would be in Phuket but also have an address in Bangkok if that helps at all.  Bike is currently registered and taxes paid with existing (phuket) plate in phuket at phuket DLT. 

What would the process be to 

1. *** Legally *** use the plate on the motorbike in Phuket

2. Pay yearly taxes - i.e. where would this need to be done? 

Thanks in advance for any help!

Not sure whether this answers your question, but:

there is no need to change the plate when moving/using the bike to Bangkok.

Tax and compulsory insurance can be paid at any DLT office or using an agent/service.

If the motorbike is older than 5 years it would need technical inspection yearly and the inspection workshops would do this service on request.

Tax and insurance are equal nationwide.

Also additional insurance will make no difference on location.

I guess more than a million cars with Bangkok plates are located/stationed in the provinces.

Nobody has to travel to Bangkok to pay tax/insurance.

Thousands of motorbikes in Pattaya carry plates from northeastern provinces :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I guess more than a million cars with Bangkok plates are located/stationed in the provinces.

Nobody has to travel to Bangkok to pay tax/insurance.

Thousands of motorbikes in Pattaya carry plates from northeastern provinces :biggrin:

Great point! Thank you!

12 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

The only inconvenience is if and when you want to sell-on the vehicle, it takes a little longer (2 weeks??) to complete the process. Your local DVT will need to contact the 'issuing office'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's different for every office  - My Versys came from  Roi-Et to Songkhla and it only took 2 days to move the plate. Still an inconvenience.