Walking my dog past a 'pack' of other aggressive dogs

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Grubster said:

I have heard you can buy a combination flashlight/ taser at markets here. Dogs will run from that zap from a distance. Its sad you can't take you friend for a walk. Do you know how to tell if your dog or wife loves you most? Put them both in the trunk of your car and close the lid, open it up in a half hour and see which one is happiest to see you.

They work a treat! Wife carries one in er bag and one in the glove box for a rainy day. Bought them online. The sound scares them. They get used to it though. Havent had to zap any point blank yet. 

2 minutes ago, bsdthai said:

They work a treat! Wife carries one in er bag and one in the glove box for a rainy day. Bought them online. The sound scares them. They get used to it though. Havent had to zap any point blank yet. 

Great I hope she never needs to zap a person but she will be glad she has it if she needs too. I don't have em yet but they sell them at a Vietnamese market near me, I just forget to look when I,m there.     Take care

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The advice is put him in your car/truck and take him beyond this pack of dogs.

The problem is if you are seen attacking any of the pack, likley you turn a neighbour into an enemy.

I agree with the second sentence.

That is why pepper spray is best...its stealth.

On 10/1/2016 at 10:09 AM, Phuket Man said:

I gave up walking my dog because of this.

A shame as she loves a good walk.

I am not going to take her out to be attacked every day.

Too many morons buy puppies and then just abandon them to run wild.

In Pattaya 99% of the dogs you see on the streets are born in the wild. i.e. parks and vacant lots. They are not abandoned pets. Perhaps it's different where you live, but I doubt it.

On 01/10/2016 at 8:49 AM, Deepinthailand said:

Pepper spray/bleach/big stick dog lovers then 555555.

Why not just go shoot them job done oh and whilst your at it grow some balls.

How many dogs have you shot in Thailand uptodate?

And by the way, how big did those balls grow up to and are they still growing?

:coffee1:

13 minutes ago, tropo said:

In Pattaya 99% of the dogs you see on the streets are born in the wild. i.e. parks and vacant lots. They are not abandoned pets. Perhaps it's different where you live, but I doubt it.

Its not different, its everywhere. Hell most of the time people with dogs don't even own them, the dogs own THEM and their property and crash out like they own the place cause people give them food. 

Some while ago, in Chiangmai, I had two dogs, a Bangkaew and a small terrier type.  One day, just outside my house, a small pack of soi dogs thought they would provide good sport,  I let the Bangkaew off the leash, and in thirty seconds the soi dogs had scarpered.  Towards the end of the 'fight', the terrier  nipped round the back of the largest soi dog, and bit him in the backside.

Return of Bangkaew, triumphant.

A Bangkaew is not everyone's choice;  any large dog would do.

Now, in another province, I have a little toy poodle, five kilos of yap..... and if larger dogs threaten her, she goes for them bullheaded, and they don't stay around long.

In my 25 years of experience in Thailand, I would say it is rare for soi dogs to do more than threaten.  Sticks and stones are all you need.

On 10/1/2016 at 4:19 AM, Deepinthailand said:

I'd rather shoot them then torture them with chemicals, its more humane...............I'd gas the owners when they came to protest though, then..........................??  I like the Shelalie the other poster carries, but for the owners, not the Soi dogs

3 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I'd rather shoot them then torture them with chemicals, its more humane...............I'd gas the owners when they came to protest though, then..........................??  I like the Shelalie the other poster carries, but for the owners, not the Soi dogs

Would you rather be killed or suffer an hour of discomfort with a faceful of pepper spray ?

On 10/1/2016 at 10:19 AM, Deepinthailand said:

I'm not following...what would you do, really?

15 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

Don't you think you'd end up in jail, and paying a few hundred thousand baht in fines to the neighbor?

I've found having a pet in Thailand to be impossible. It is really best to avoid that spot entirely but even then, there are stray dogs all over Thailand so you're bound to run into them eventually. Sucks because I'm sure your dog loves going on walks. May need to keep it indoors :(