Corpse in the freezer now has a name - is Hungarian born US citizen

Jonathan Fairfield

Well known in Patpong and Soi 22!
Only by expat drunks and perverts! Not you Father. So the Bangkok Police could do with some English lessons when investigating expat crimes. Either that or enlist the help of fluent English speaking bar girls. Like a 'Charlies Angels' type get up. Inside information is needed to squeeze out the root cause of this mysterious case.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading the latest articles on this case and as others point out nothing new or substantial has arisen.
Looks like 'Peter' is the only one who can put this mystery to bed but
he's a master at playing games.
The man of many names.

"They call him Peter, Peter, Peter La Fon,
Mysterious expat who frequents the bars of Patpong."

8 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

Those 3 are members of the american intelligence community. (oxymoron alert!)

More likely "assets" of the intelligence community, easily manipulated people, often found along the fringes of society or people with some psychological issues. A group in Thailand making decent false passports would be a nice asset that could easily be manipulated.

5 hours ago, gdgbb said:

It is interesting that the Bangkok Post has a report confirming, with corroborating statements, that these men were regulars and very well known in Patpong.  No mention of Soi 22 so far from those who actually know what's going on.

What?!?  There are still regulars drinking on Patpong?  I suppose you just look for the slight bulge from the rear of those wearing depend briefs.

What i find sad is that that man has been killed, chopped up and frozen for eight years, and no one has been looking for him.

As for you lot bragging about drinking in bars with those people, would you do that at home?   If you had know that they kill and freeze people?  

You'd have run a mile, so stop peacocking around like wide boys.  Because you are not.  And neither, obviously are they anymore.

10 hours ago, pumpuy said:

If Thai Police does not find an answer to some questions they might have concerning some criminal cases , it would be sufficient to ask some TV members who know everything , ( better ) ...

Exactly, I think the Thai Police are doing quite well so far.

The comment "thought to have died in 2008" is mysterious or wrong.

If right then the plot thickens as to why the body was kept????

12 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Actually that's true in this instance, the whole of Soi 22 knew who they were and that they were up to no good for a number of years now. We also knew their real nationalities here on TV long before the Thai Police did. I am betting one or two posters know more than the Police even at this stage. 

They are making it up as they go along as is typical in a case where they cannot solve it themselves. Luckily for them this time by a blind stroke of luck (thanks to a tip-off) they stumbled onto a bigger crime than the one they thought they were uncovering. 

As to clueless, read the article. As usual from the Nation it is badly written and contradictory but the Police have said firstly " Lefron insisted he was not the murderer and that he only dismembered the body of Hungarian national Charles Edward Ditlefsen to fit in the freezer. He claimed the killer was his friend, who had since died of cancer." then they go on to state, "Lefron told police that Ditlefsen was killed because of a US$60,000 (Bt2 million) debt."

So which one is it? 

Maybe it's the reporting of the case that is bad and not really the police??  Anyone that has lived in Thailand for more than a few years knows how bad news articles are. Incomplete reports, miss quoted numbers, no checking of facts. No follow up etc.  Don't be fooled, the police in Thailand are better than you think. 

3 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

I knew they were up to no good as did many others. They were going about asking people to join them in their extortion activities.

Drunk with many killers and dangerous people in my time, these guys weren't in that category, they were just small time extortionists. They were "wide boys" in the bars but just look how scared and shook they look in the photos. The young guy thought he was the muscle, bragging how he was ex-US spec ops etc. I just thought he was another special forces fantasist. Met enough of them out here!

Drunk with this guy before too:  http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/brotherinlaw-murderer-gets-17-years-in-jail-20130313-2g0pu.html

Anyone remember him?

wow Father you are my hero..ok just joking there but how about being a bit more forthcoming with any more info...you say they small time compared to your usual drinking partners but cold blooded murdering for smallish debts,FBI  wanted,passport making,blackmailing,gun selling,drug selling,corpse sawing,cop attempted murderers are not what i would call small time!!  you certainly know some dodgey characters (ofcourse there are many in Thailand) but small time wow..i dont want to go to patpong or 22 if they are just the wide boys there...if the young guy was the muscle then i must admit i wouldnt be too overly shaking,lets see if it comes out that he was Special Ops etc,i doubt it!! you say they looked scared and shook in photos but actually i think they all look quite calm considering "small time" Peter just shot a cop and got a head kicking and a corpse was discovered in the freezer..also it was mentioned a few times that they were not forth coming in interviews (interrogation) which is quite the opposite to what normally happens as they usually spill the beans quite quickly as the BIB are usually quite advanced in there methods of getting people to talk..i hear anyway from the wide boys i know that been captured doing bad crimes in Thailand!!!..so anyway who are they extorting and how?? thats a job for  Thai people not any Farang surely.....how many is in there gang? just 3? did you or anybody soi 22 know they had a body then? if yes then why not disposed of? what do the real "proper" criminals you know say about these " small time" boys and what exactly is it that the whole of Soi 22 knew they were up to for years??  as they seem to have there toes dipped in many things or thats what they were known for ..being all rounders?? im still confused with the extortion part anyway....they could get away with this as everyone pays the proper extortionists(BIB) dont they so no need to have Farangs in on there game or are you saying they were connected which is normal way for any Farang to go about unhindered for so long(till money runs out anyway).......Peters wifey will be the best "grasser" now as she will know pretty much everything so BIB will be pretty informed on his activities and also his friends activities overr many years but if they lucky then he will take most of the heat and they may be able to dissappear from the system in a while especially if they were smart and hid some money for such occassions like this,for Peter then i think even his connection ,if any, or money cannot help now, i think shooting the cop was his worst mistake.........worse than murdering a Farang 8 years ago and certainly much more costly to get out of..they all need some luck now or maybe a good "gofundme" campaign!!

It baffles me to see people's comments pure and natural on this post, but when it comes to an African or Nigerians to be precise suspected of committing a crime, the comments will all be biased, such as all Nigerians are corrupt, don't give them visa to the kingdom. But no one is saying All Americans are murderers, do background check before allowing them into the kingdom, etc.

what the hell is wrong with you people?

32 minutes ago, Big Job said:

It baffles me to see people's comments pure and natural on this post, but when it comes to an African or Nigerians to be precise suspected of committing a crime, the comments will all be biased, such as all Nigerians are corrupt, don't give them visa to the kingdom. But no one is saying All Americans are murderers, do background check before allowing them into the kingdom, etc.

I have yet to meet an Nigerian who was not scamming, pimping or selling drugs.

And I have yet to meet an American that has been doing any of the above. 

See how that works ?

7 hours ago, Big Job said:

Americans? It's just presumed everyone knows their idjits. 

7 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

See how that works ?

WOW!

I just learnt how lovely American people are.

TNA reported that the man known as Peter Andrew Johnson or Herbert Craig La Fon now says that he did not murder the man in the freezer, but he did admit to hiding the body.

Police dismiss this idea. It seems that he committed suicide, then cut himself in pieces and put his parts in the freezer, because it was so hot. 

"Peter" is now out of hospital. He is the man thought to have fired the shots that injured the tourist cop during the raid that was first mounted to investigate the men for passport forgery.

"Peter" is being interviewed at Phrakhanong police station along with the two other suspects. All are Americans.

1 hour ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Did a bit of armchair detective work. Interesting.
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?1,1838504

1475484858448.jpg1475484875234.jpg

Good work mate. I spoke with these guys several times at one of their patpong haunts (a certain bar across from foodland). Aaron was friendly and just wanted to show pics of his baby. It was clear that he was very respectful towards Peter - who was loud and annoying at times. They were 9-11 inside job guys and Peter was vocal about being anti US. Funny how I remember them 'joking' alot about wondering if i was CIA the first times i met them.

Must be a difficult case to crack. They have all been living here on fake passports, who knows what their true identity is ? And the dead body was born in Hungary? Ditlefsen sounds more like a Scandinavian name to me.

On 10/2/2016 at 3:22 PM, gdgbb said:

Some of us think that you make up your posts as you go along and are pretty certain you are just as clueless when it comes to giving "tips" on this case,   unless, of course, you have some reason to justify your "completely useless" description. 

Doubtless you will be unable to give more information due to the ongoing investigation that has prevented you from doing so previously.

It is interesting that the Bangkok Post has a report confirming, with corroborating statements, that these men were regulars and very well known in Patpong.  No mention of Soi 22 so far from those who actually know what's going on.

I can confirm that 'Peter' was a regular drinker in the bars on Queen's Park Plaza, Sukhumvit soi 22.   I've been in a number of bars when he was also in there drinking.  He seemed like a pretty intelligent, well bred individual.  
I thought he was a Brit, so quite surprised he turned out to be American.   

I don't recognise either of the other two guys.

Last time I would have seen 'Peter' would have been at least a year ago as I stopped going to that area to drink.  

On 10/3/2016 at 6:58 AM, ClutchClark said:

See how that works ?

Well, I am a Nigerian and I don't do any of that.