mkv files no volume

bkkmick

Hi

I use BS Player on my Android box as I play my files from a Windows PC over a LAN.

From time to time when I try and play an .mkv file there is no sound. It's getting pretty annoying.

Obviously the solution is to not download these file types but sometimes they're the only choice and sometmes I just don't notice until it's too late.

Can anyone recommend a media player for Android that works over a LAN? I've searched Google Play nut can't find a solution.

Cheers

Mick

all/any media I play, I only bother with VLC player from VideoLan

it's the best for what it does on PC and laptop, in the number of formats it can play...

... a bit tired to look into it tonight, but hope it triggers some thought... I've no idea about it in relation to Android though

I guess whichever player(s) you are using do not support the embedded audio codec (DTS maybe)?

You could try a player and add a custom (developer) codec. I've seen some custom codecs for MX Player.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=en

http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/mx-player/mx-player-custom-codec-dts-support-t2156254

Sometimes it's best to stay away from those early torrents (FLEET) and wait for a reliable, known good source, or just stream the ep. via a Kodi add-on.

mtls..you speak of things that appear to be in an alien language (to me). Thanks anyway.

VLC does the trick but one annoying thing (in the Android version at least) is that you cannot resume playback from where you left off, should you have to stop the video. Not a biggy, at least all streams (so far) have had audio.

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

A bit late but have you tried Gom Player https://player.gomlab.com/

Built-in Codecs

• Vorbis, FLAC, ADPCM, XVID, DIV1, DIV2, DIV3, DIV4, DIV5, DIV6, DIVX, DX50, MP41, MP42, MP43, H263, AP41, MPG4, MP4S, M4S2, MP4V, BLZO, MJPG, RMP4, DXGM, H264, DVSD, THEO, VP8, VC1, MPEG1, MPEG2, VP6, FPS1, IV50, IV40, SVQ3, H265, TSCC, TSCC2, Cinepak, SVQ1, G2M4, LAGARITH, TRUEMOTION2, DVCP, DVPP, QTRLE, RPZA, PRORES, MSZH, Nellymoser
  •  

Play 360 degrees VR video - Able to watch from up, down, left, and right, 360 degrees around, by just using the keyboard or mouse - Supports preview with side views from front, back, left, and right as well as screen transition - Provides search and play functions for 360 YouTube videos

And it free