Chinese Man Robbed by Ladyboys on First Visit to Pattaya. Not coming back

webfact

Lots of blaming the victim here. How exactly are the Chinese tourists supposed to know that their tour guides are taking them to an area that has an increasing crime rate? How are they supposed to know which areas are safe, which times are safe, what to wear and not to wear? You say "common sense." Well to them, maybe common sense is that you can walk a street at night and not get robbed.

You think their tour companies are telling them about the robberies? No. Do you think the Chinese tourists read this website? No.

They are being told they are going to a beach front area for vacation. That's it.

People buy jewelry, nice clothes, purses, watches etc. to wear them, not sit in their closet or drawer.

Why aren't the apologists blaming the source, like a law enforcement department that is too corrupt, lazy, and incompetent to try to prevent and reduce crime? Why don't the apologists look at the same department that barely punishes anyone when they do stumble onto catching the criminals?

You live in this place, the tourists don't. Do you know all the safe and unsafe places in China? Why not? Common sense right? Wrong.

There is zero police accountability in this country and most tourists don't know or expect it. It seems like a lot of expats fall into the "This is Thailand" category and turn on the victims.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having lived in Patts (darkside) 6/7 yrs ago it was getting quite bad with this every body knew someone

who had an attempt made,me included, one of the most ridicules,was a customer,who had alittle

little, cross in his ear,and I kid you not they tried to pull it out, scratched him quite badly,

I was thinking of putting it in the "KEENIO" post a day or so ago ,but refrained,lol 

On 03/10/2016 at 2:02 AM, colinneil said:

Not coming back, well 1 down 1.3 billion to go.

1 tells 5 not to go. Who tells five not to go.  If this process occurs 10 times , 5 power 10 people wont go. 5^10 = 9765625 ...

If it happens 20 iterations  , 5^20 = 95367431640625 ...

Edited by bodymassagemyfriend

On 04/10/2016 at 1:07 AM, bodymassagemyfriend said:

1 tells 5 not to go. Who tells five not to go.  If this process occurs 10 times , 5 power 10 people wont go. 5^10 = 9765625 ...

Hey man, I don't get it, how did this figure comes to 9765625 ? Please make life simple for me. I have enough of problems as it is.

Tourists often say they wouldn't come to Thailand again, honestly who cares if you come or don't come.

I overheard thai young fellow said, "Kon Chin mai ma mern Thai khor dee qua" (better the chinese don't come to thailand).

On 03/10/2016 at 7:51 AM, Colabamumbai said:

I tell my Thai g/f if we ever visit Pattaya leave your gold chain at home. She felt safer during our 4 month visit to Cambodia than she does in Thailand.

I have lived in Pattaya twelve years with no problem.  Took my wife to Pnom Penh we had two attempted snatches within minutes of each other on our first walkabout.

On 03/10/2016 at 9:41 PM, TSF said:

No. That's blaming the victim. A tourist should be able to walk along Pattaya BR without being robbed. If there are constant robberies then the cops should put a stop to it. Saying a peron wearing a gold chain deserves to be robbed is like saying a gal walking along the beach in a bikini deserves to be raped.

Prayut already said that.  Only fat, ugly ones get away with beachwear.

Pattaya cops have a vested interest in keeping crime rate high; why else have ladyboy gangs escaped the short arm of the law?