Burmese enter their third year in prison for the Koh Tao murders

webfact

16 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

You could not be more precise.

Absolute insult to the intelligence of everyone in this world.

If the families of the victims would stand up like Hanna did then these boys might have a show.

Sorry to say that but they can not be that blind and cruel as to let 2 innocent young men die.

Hanna was beaten to death on a beach by 2 young males that were so cruel to watch an innocent young lady die.

Laura, Hannah's sister spoke out about the investigation and the way she felt her family were poorly treated. She never said anything about those 2 being innocent. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Hanna was beaten to death on a beach by 2 young males that were so cruel to watch an innocent young lady die.

Laura, Hannah's sister spoke out about the investigation and the way she felt her family were poorly treated. She never said anything about those 2 being innocent. 

The sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge has warned that Thailand is a “dangerous trap”, suggesting her sister’s killer walks free and slamming the Thai police and government for mistreating her bereaved family.

tut tut..twisting the truth again

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/12/sister-of-murdered-tourist-says-corrupt-police-make-thailand-a-dangerous-trap

7 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

I love the way people latch on around the "truth" of that phone….. extracted under "interrogation". Eventually people say whatever is expected to save themselves from another beating.

Reni the guy that recieved the phone from wp on the morning 4 hours after the murders was not being beaten. Everyone including andy, the defence lawyers, Wei Phyo, Zaw Lin, the judge accept the phone belonged to David, accept the phone was smashed and hidden by wp friend, accept the phone was given to reni by wp, accept the charge of theft of the phone. Why can't you accept this. This information is from the defense and burmese themselves. 

9 hours ago, Khun Han said:

"If you was one of the lawyers"

Really looking forward to your book Dan :biggrin: .

Have you posted on any other topics on ThaiVisa since the Andy Hall thread died off a couple of weeks ago Dan?

What's that got to do with anything. 

He likes this topic. 

So what ??

10 hours ago, DiscoDan said:

I don't think you can use xenophobia as an excuse as they let Andy take the stand.

If you was one of the lawyers for the Burmese during the trial and you had a choice of 3 witnesses who would you choose?

A:  British dna expert

B: Aussie dna expert 

C: Both dna experts

D: Andy Hall

You have to ask yourselves why a team of 7 lawyers chose D, to me it only points to one fact, they knew they could not discredit the dna evidence.

If you were planning a defence for a murder trial would you choose.

A.a criminal lawyer 

B.a human rights lawyer 

C.Andy hall 

:clap2:

21 minutes ago, shillhater said:

The sister of murdered backpacker Hannah Witheridge has warned that Thailand is a “dangerous trap”, suggesting her sister’s killer walks free and slamming the Thai police and government for mistreating her bereaved family.

tut tut..twisting the truth again

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/12/sister-of-murdered-tourist-says-corrupt-police-make-thailand-a-dangerous-trap

I agree, she did say thailand is not the idealic beautiful island that it appears to be. However the statement "she suggested that the killer was walking free " and "she hinted the murderer was thai " are merely the opinion of the journalist, in my opinion she did not suggest or hint at anything as to who the murderers might be nor suggest or hint in any way that the b2 were innocent. It is the twisted fantasy of a few of the posters here. Certainly not based on fact. 

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

I agree, she did say thailand is not the idealic beautiful island that it appears to be. However the statement "she suggested that the killer was walking free " and "she hinted the murderer was thai " are merely the opinion of the journalist, in my opinion she did not suggest or hint at anything as to who the murderers might be nor suggest or hint in any way that the b2 were innocent. It is the twisted fantasy of a few of the posters here. Certainly not based on fact. 

your opinion means nothing to me..the way i read it she hints that it was not a Burmese and also suggested that the killer was walking free...so she does not think the B2 did the crime..

12 minutes ago, greenchair said:

you opinion has been noted

also 2x phones only one in evidence, police claim one of the phones matched Davids IMEI number they were both Iphones - one was found at the crime scene - police have made a lot of claims in this case - I have confidence in none of them, they also left a lot of critical stuff out, anyway I not going to turn this thread into another regurgitation of what has already been discussed many times over.

I suggest anyone new here use the forum search and some of the extensive existing discussions on this matter

5 hours ago, smedly said:

lets suppose for a moment I am a cop involved in a stitch up but I wasn't always the cop involved in the investigation and early on as widely reported there was a phone found on the beach at the crime scene and the police had already displayed it to the media so it was out there. It was originally claimed that this phone was Hannnahs but that was retracted when one of her friends produced Hannahs phone from her room - this all happened in the first few days of the original investigation then there was nothing more about this phone

Weeks later I then declare I find a phone near the residence of the accused - so I now have 2x phones.

The only way to identify which of these 2x phones belongs to the victim is by the IMEI number, at this point only me and my team know which phone is which and where they were found.

Then at the trial I suddenly declare that the phone found at the accused residence had the IMEI number matching the victims phone and the other of these 2x phones I decide is of no value to the investigation so simply exclude it - because I am Thai police and I can, in reality I don't want anyone to know anything about the other phone.

Not saying that this is what happened but simply that it could have and because both phones have not been properly investigated identified Recorded  Tagged and Bagged (Chain of Custody) as with other evidence in this case it then leaves it wide open to all sorts of abuse and evidence tampering - this cannot happen in a police investigation, the evidence must be solid and procedures followed to the letter   

Except that the RTP weren't even clever or competent enough to pull the scam that well. For several days, they thought they could get away with claiming that the smashed phone found near the B2s residence was Hannah's phone, until a video surfaced of Hannah's friends handing it in to The RTP! So that was when the RTP story changed to it being David's phone. Luckily for them, they'd had David's phone, which they'd found at the murder scene, so the IMEI for that one wasn't a problem. A photo of it sat on one of the case files, unbroken, later turned up, but that was just ignored as an inconvenience.

So Utterly a stitch up it is laughable,wrong word due to the seriousness of the case

what really annoys me is the contempt they hold the onlookers of the world even we

can say the wrong word and be hiked off to the prison,let alone a news paper journalist

the RTP is, was completley out of there IQ range,reminds me of a school play scenario

( enough of this turning into a rant ) the contempt they hold us iN AARRGGHH ...........

36 minutes ago, smedly said:

also 2x phones only one in evidence, police claim one of the phones matched Davids IMEI number they were both Iphones - one was found at the crime scene - police have made a lot of claims in this case - I have confidence in none of them, they also left a lot of critical stuff out, anyway I not going to turn this thread into another regurgitation of what has already been discussed many times over.

I suggest anyone new here use the forum search and some of the extensive existing discussions on this matter

The problem is, the people posting misinformation and misdirection are counting on readers not going back and reading old threads and not doing further research. And they're right that most won't. They're not that interested. They just read the most recent discussions, and that's what the posters wanting them to believe the official stitch up are working with. They'll all be here soon: AleG's about due (he lets the minions do a bit of 'softening up' first  :laugh:). Wouldn't surprise me if Christy re-incarnates herself soon, too. Crab had a little nibble at the Andy Hall thread under his alter-ego, but I think he was warned off by the mods.

1 hour ago, shillhater said:

your opinion means nothing to me..the way i read it she hints that it was not a Burmese and also suggested that the killer was walking free...so she does not think the B2 did the crime..

Was it a big hint or a little one?

How much meaning can we read in a hint. 

Anyway, I don't mind people saying she hinted or maybe she suggested. 

I get annoyed when people say she said "-----" when she didn't say any such thing. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Ask andy, ask Wei Phyo even they will tell you it was David's phone. 

Even they will tell you Wei Phyo had it in his possession then discarded it. 

They only differ in how it came to be in wp hands. 

Wp says he found it in various places. 

The police say Wei Phyo stole it from the victim. 

We all must make our own assumption about the last 2 statement. 

Aleg is gonna be here soon and sort this out. 

As has been pointed out many times, Laura Witheridge linked to the Anonymous expose of the murders. That shows approval (no ifs and buts) of Anonymous' findings, which centre around the B2 being scapegoats.

The usual suspects always try to misinterpret Laura's post and link to the Anonymous expose, as is their wont, except when they are (rather repugnantly, and insultingly to Laura) claiming that Laura has been 'got at' and brainwashed by B2 defence supporters :bah:.

16 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Then he changed his story to Warot not having been on the island for months. Then, despite all Warot's friends and associates deleting all their Facebook posts covering the weeks prior to the murders,

I don't think you can prove that , just reading gossip again .

On the subject of everyone accepting that the smashed iphone was David's: Andy and the defence team would have had to have accused the RTP of corruption (which they clearly were, over and over, in this case). This a big no-no in Thai courts, a line that cannot be crossed.

Many casual readers won't be aware of how up against the Thai system the B2's defence were in trying to put a good defence together. They were 'walking on broken glass' the whole time. The prosecution and RTP, on the other hand, could say and claim what they liked: caught out perjuring themselves in court? No problem! The judges just ignored it and moved on!

57 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Was it a big hint or a little one?

How much meaning can we read in a hint. 

Anyway, I don't mind people saying she hinted or maybe she suggested. 

I get annoyed when people say she said "-----" when she didn't say any such thing. 

by hinting and suggesting words must have been spoken..so yes she did say something

i get annoyed too..by people who keep twisting and distorting the truth..

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

"Ale G is gonna be here soon"...Can you be more specific please. We need to get ourselves properly prepared for his arrival. Given that he is the Great Defender of injustice we cannot just go off the top of our heads like Donald Trump doesl 

19 minutes ago, glenmohr said:

"Ale G is gonna be here soon"...Can you be more specific please. We need to get ourselves properly prepared for his arrival. Given that he is the Great Defender of injustice we cannot just go off the top of our heads like Donald Trump doesl 

:laugh:

'My daddy's gonna be along soon, and he'll show you! Just you wait!'

3 hours ago, greenchair said:

as usual you are talking through you (deleted)

How can Wie Phyo or anyone else possibly know whos phone it is - the claim is that it was found on the beach - period, it was the police that claimed one of two iphones  found on the beach matched Davids IMEI number - the police claim it was not the one found at the crime scene and as yet have never revealed who that phone belonged too if it wasn't either of the victims, maybe it even dropped out of Davids shorts when certain unauthorised people were tramping all over the place moving clothes and moving the murder weapon back to were it was supposed to be  ...... go figure 

Like I have stated many times ............. I trust none of it

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Balo, you have butchered my post that you quoted. That's naughty. And against forum rules (certainly etiquette), I believe.

We have a new forum , and they have accepted quotes , drag your mouse over the text and you can select it.  Nothing wrong with that .  It wont change anything. 

27 minutes ago, balo said:

We have a new forum , and they have accepted quotes , drag your mouse over the text and you can select it.  Nothing wrong with that .  It wont change anything. 

Editing posts to alter the context of what was written is against the forum rules. My point was that Woraphan Tuvichien changed his story about his son's whereabouts. You edited that out.

Well they have lots of reasons to want this thread closed.

The fact that one of their dumb activists slipped.up and posted on their FB that the police testified in court they used new high tech rapid dna machine that tested dna in a few hours, Robert Holmes also confirmed this.

Then you have the infighting with the B2 activists throwing accusations against each other most involving money or who love the their boys the most.

The most recent allegations involved the theft of 125k thb. And the plagiarizing of a letter by the perth PROPERTY lawyer.

And Dan's off again with his deliberate misinformation. It has been pointed out to him many times (sometimes with detailed explanations from experts) that the original mixed DNA sample  allegedly obtained from Hannah cannot be tested on the new machines because separating and analysing mixed sample DNA is beyond the machine's capability. Of course, this sample only allegedly exists.The RTP have declined to produce it as evidence or for re-testing, only offering a sample which they say was 'amlpified' from the original one - which, of course, could have been amplified from any sample. They have also, against all DNA testing logic, claimed that the sample had been used up in testing (an average sprm sample can provide for thousands of DNA tests). Though I'm unsure if that's still the case because there have been contradictory statements from them. One thing's for sure: The won't be producing it for independent re-testing. Which leads most people to believe that it doesn't exist, when taken in parallel with evidence supplied to the trial court from the Norfolk Coroner, Jacqueline Lake, that Hannah was sexually assaulted but not raped.

And herein lies the biggest problem with these discussions: a small group of posters keep on posting the same misinformation, and a large number of posters keep on correcting them. So the discussions go around in circles.

3 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

And Dan's off again with his deliberate misinformation. It has been pointed out to him many times (sometimes with detailed explanations from experts) that the original mixed DNA sample  allegedly obtained from Hannah cannot be tested on the new machines because separating and analysing mixed sample DNA is beyond the machine's capability. Of course, this sample only allegedly exists.The RTP have declined to produce it as evidence or for re-testing, only offering a sample which they say was 'amlpified' from the original one - which, of course, could have been amplified from any sample. They have also, against all DNA testing logic, claimed that the sample had been used up in testing (an average sprm sample can provide for thousands of DNA tests).

And herein lies the biggest problem with these discussions: a small group of posters keep on posting the same misinformation, and a large number of posters keep on correcting them. So the discussions go around in circles.

No disinformation the police testified they had it and testified they used it, and if it wasn't for that dumb activist we wouldn't be talking about it now.

DNA profiles from victim came back on the the 17th 2 days after the murder and also matched the cigg butt,then  those profiles would of been stored in the machine and used to find a match. 

If the defense are going to appeal the dna findings from the victim and not the dna match by the machine, they will have to convince court that the police managed to make dna profiles by error that matched the Burmese which is odds of 7billion to 1.

Archived