Duterte apologizes to Jews

webfact

Duterte apologizes to Jews

08108215b2340c3ecf0bb3ecf1fe9db3-wpcf_72

MANILA: -- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte on Sunday offered a public apology to the Jewish community for his widely condemned remarks last week that drew a parallel between his bloody drug war to Adolf Hitler’s genocide of Jews during the Holocaust.

“I apologize profoundly and deeply to Jewish community. There was never any intention on my part to derogate the memory of six million Jews,” said Duterte in a speech in Bacolod City where he joined the annual MassKara festival, The Manila Times Online reported.

Duterte explained he was merely reacting to critics comparing him to Hitler and since he was already being likened to the hated Nazi leader, he said, “sure I am Hitler, but the ones I kill are these (drug addicts).”

His remarks drew condemnations from Germany, the United States, the World Jewish Congress, the Anti-Defamation League, Human Rights Watch and etc.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/duterte-apologizes-jews/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-03

Just another populist wunker.

Wait, how was that again:

> If it looks like a thug, walks like a thug & talks like a thug ... <

Typical case of universal right to vote coming straight back to bite democracy in the ass.

To each its own i'd say ...

I had reason to speak to speak to a Philippino male nurse in a London hospital today and brought up the subject of Duterte and he said he had recently voted for him as had all his friends.

He laughed about the bad publicity that Duterte was receiving and said Westerners had no idea of the misery drugs had caused in his country and to his people. And if we rejected him they were quite happy to chum up with China and Putin instead.

I've been to Davao where he was mayor and seen first hand how the ordinary folk idolise him.

He drives around posing as a taxi driver at night talking to people and getting their slant on things. No Western politician would ever do that! They don't even talk to Joe Bloggs let alone care what he has to say.

Come the moment cometh the man. Like it or not this is the age of the demagogue shooting from the lip if not the hip. Best to take the rough with the smooth and analyze such characters by their actions not their words.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect
Yeah. His actions are he's a mass murderer. Judge away.