Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour for Non-immigrant B multiple-entry visa

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 3:28 PM, Mattd said:

OP, not sure if this is of any help, but the Thai Embassy in Singapore will, according to their website, only issue the One Year ME Non Imm B visa for exactly your purposes.

Thai Embassy Singapore Non B Requirements

Of course, no guaranteeing it is up to date, so would be worth contacting them first.

Just noticed they do need the documents of current employer in Singapore, so this might not fly, would still contact and ask though.

I've read on this forum many times that Singapore only issues the multi-entry non-B to Singaporean residents, so this is unlikely to be an option for anyone not resident there.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 9:30 PM, elviajero said:

That only applies to people living here using a Non 'B' that aren't working. Someone living abroad that frequently visits for business shouldn't ever have a problem.

In the past it was possible to get a 1 year Multiple Entry Non 'B' issued on the basis of looking for work. Thats' been stopped but some people still get Non 'B' visas with the help of the 'friends' that have no intention of working, and that's probably the reason IO's occasionally get suspicious of someone doing border hops with a ME Non 'B'. 

I've been on non-B multiples for 2 years running (and was previously on a non-B multiple with WP a few years ago as well) - spent most of my time in Thailand over these 2 years with no WP either. No problems at immigration, that's probably just a rumor though I hear Ranong has been a bit difficult but no reports from elsewhere. Yes they do ask you questions at times (that's the job of an IO) and since I speak fluent Thai I've always answered their questions like: "what are you doing in Thailand" such as explaining my business activities without receiving any run around at all. I generally travel through land borders usually once a month or so traveling to Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam etc. occasionally by air and no difference in terms of how I've been treated at land borders vs. coming by air.

I think if you're lucky enough to still get a non-B multiple entry (now that Australian honorary consulates have become tougher) getting past immigration shouldn't be a major concern. It's now getting the visa in the first place.