Green Space to Become A Park and Nature Study Area According to Chiang Mai Governor

webfact

Green Space to Become A Park and Nature Study Area According to Chiang Mai Governor

by CityNews

green-space-meeting-1201x900.jpg

CityNews – The green space that was recently given to the people by the Finance Department will be soon put to use according to Chiang Mai Governor Prawin Chamniprasart after a meeting on October 1st to discuss what the land should best be used for.

The 2nd green City Council Meeting was held to discuss the results of a survey held in the first meeting that invited people from the local area and from related departments and private sectors in order to present their opinions and suggestions to the council.

The meeting concluded that the space should be used as a public park and a nature study area.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/green-space-to-become-a-park-and-nature-study-area-according-to-chiang-mai-governor/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2016-10-04

It's a bit like the footie - Regina nuns  1 - 0 Govt. (nil)

I imagine it was a bit like when my neighbour  (retired PRC teacher) went to the Water Board to complain about the leak on the street outside her house. She got all the old PRC boys working there lined up and gave them a lecture on responsibility/fixing things / punctuality etc. She said if the schedule was full then a couple of the big guys who normally sat behind desks should bring a tool box tout suite.

End of story that was the fastest leak repair in CM history done in semi darkness that evening.

On 4 October 2016 at 1:06 PM, lannarebirth said:

Where will it be and how big is it?

Reading the full article those are the same questions I was thinking. The reporter just describes it as a "green space" that is set to become a park. Parks are very rare in CM so I would imagine it is worth adding its location into the article. Do Citylife use some kind of app that puts stories together automatically rather than by a human? This news piece just seems odd I doubt an "editor" has read it either. It is good news though that there will be another park in CM.

Nice. Looks to be right across the street from another fabulous piece of property being used by the government - probably the same department. The place where we had to go one time to fill out a form to give notice that our mynah bird had died - as per Thai law. I remember thinking at the time what a fabulous piece of land it was that stretched all the way to the Mae Ping River and how odd it was that just a couple government offices/buildings occupied such a massive, beautiful space with many trees and beautiful landscaping.