Dna Test

pepsi007

Hi all,

first off aplogies if this question has been asked before, but I could not seem to find it anywhere.

I have a 18 month old thai child, however I have always been a bit suspicious that the child is not mine.

Can anyone tell me if the hospitals in bangkok or elsewhere do dna tests.Any other info you could give to me would also be greatly appreciated

Any of the international hospitals will be able to do this test.

But before you do the test, ask yourself what are you going to do if the results demonstrate you are not the father?

Pack up and leave OR pack her up and ask her to leave...either of them would work just great

Maybe I should address the OP questions more.

I tried to arrange a DNA test thru Bumrungrad. They need like 1 or 2 weeks to schedule because the technician only does it once every week or 2, on certain days and you need an appointment. This didn't work for me as I do not live in Bangkok but only travel in as needed for work or play.

THe price at Bumrungrad is around $200 US if I recall correctly.

I explained to the mom that a DNA was required for me to put the child on health care with my work since I am not married to her.

Soo... I flew mom and child to SIngpaore and went to a specific lab that you can walk in and get it done. $900 SIng I believe which is around $600 US. You fill out the form for paternal/maternal check. you pay with a credit card. You need ID for all involved (dad?, mom, and child) Passports and birth certificate will do. They prick you for blood. THe baby's is drawn from the sole of the foot so no real problem with the child.

It takes about 3 business days then they call you in for a consultation to explain the results and you get 2 copies.

Well, once we got the negative news, WHOA!!! It turns your worlds upside down. In my case, I was a little irked to have been jerked around and supporting some girl and her daughter for over a year. SHe only admitted another person could be the father about 10 days before the DNA test. HOW CONVENIENT!! So, I felt like I'd been jerked around and the gig was up. I also felt bad for the kid as we had built a relationship.

The mom freaked. SHe got drunk and went nuts thinking about what she was going to tell friends and family. SHe also apologized for all the crap she put me through (how thoughtful).

The kid - what a great kid. Luckily she slept through her mom's drunk episode. Perhaps she felt something odd those first few days but now she still recognizes me and is allows a familiar relationship. I still dig being with the little one. Anybody who meets her will.

SO, there can be some emotional grief for you if the news shows you are excluded from paternity.

There could be repercussions for all of you, including family and friends.

But...... If there is doubt, then most likely your friends have doubts and the child may have doubts in the future.

Put the issue to rest and get it done

Edited by Head Snake

Now why doesn't this story surprise me? :o

An old and wise friend said to me the other day that "Every Thai woman is a POTENTIAL prostitute - regardless of background".

I thought at the time it was a somewhat cynical statement, but the more I think about it, and after 30 plus years of similar stories, I'm beginning to think he's probably right.

Hope it goes OK Pepsi. :D

An old and wise friend said to me the other day that "Every Thai woman is a POTENTIAL prostitute - regardless of background".

Wise? He sounds like a idiot.

Well, we all have our opinions - but I think not.

Of course its true all Thai women are potential prostitutes, all western women are potential prostitutes, all men are potential rapists, all humans are potential murderers.

Very easy to say what you want and be 'right' if you get that all important 'potential' in there.

It's a pointless comment, hardly words of great wisdom! :o

Of course its true all Thai women are potential prostitutes, all western women are potential prostitutes, all men are potential rapists, all humans are potential murderers.

Very easy to say what you want and be 'right' if you get that all important 'potential' in there.

I never claimed it to be of great wisdom.

My inference is pretty clear, and it most certainly isn't pointless. If you choose to be obtuse and disagree, that is your affair.

But I fail to see why you have to flame someone you have never met and is not here to defend himself.

I thought my comments were pretty innocuous.

What's with you? Yet another loser with axe to grind? :D

Sorry Pepsi, I'll shut up now. :D

We all have the right to have an opinions and I would enjoy seeing what would happen if you stated your opinion in person to a room full of Thais ! It is sad that someone would express this type of racist and uneducated remark or opinion in print in this forum.

My inference is pretty clear, and it most certainly isn't pointless. If you choose to be obtuse and disagree, that is your affair.

But I fail to see why you have to flame someone you have never met and is not here to defend himself.

No loser with an axe to grind, I apologise if I upset you because I commented on your friends statement. I appreciate you find him a wise man, but I hear that kind of pointless statement from idiots. As you said, each to their own.

..... anyway, back to the topic.

I'd get the test done.

In cases where the father is unsure about his paternity there is a 33% instance where the tests are negative.

As well as that 5-10% of the worlds population is fathered by someone other than the supposed father.

What about the future of the child?
What matter does it make if the child is not yours?

Are you two guys on crack???

Now why doesn't this story surprise me? :o

I thought at the time it was a somewhat cynical statement, but the more I think about it, and after 30 plus years of similar stories, I'm beginning to think he's probably right.

Hope it goes OK Pepsi. :D

I'll have to agree on this one.

Correct "You think not" ...even a lil bit, at all. What a load of racisit bullshit. If every Thai woman is a Potentail Prostitute then every Woman period is. And we all know thats just not true.

Maybe I should address the OP questions more.

I tried to arrange a DNA test thru Bumrungrad. They need like 1 or 2 weeks to schedule because the technician only does it once every week or 2, on certain days and you need an appointment. This didn't work for me as I do not live in Bangkok but only travel in as needed for work or play.

THe price at Bumrungrad is around $200 US if I recall correctly.

I explained to the mom that a DNA was required for me to put the child on health care with my work since I am not married to her.

Soo... I flew mom and child to SIngpaore and went to a specific lab that you can walk in and get it done. $900 SIng I believe which is around $600 US. You fill out the form for paternal/maternal check. you pay with a credit card. You need ID for all involved (dad?, mom, and child) Passports and birth certificate will do. They prick you for blood. THe baby's is drawn from the sole of the foot so no real problem with the child.

It takes about 3 business days then they call you in for a consultation to explain the results and you get 2 copies.

Well, once we got the negative news, WHOA!!! It turns your worlds upside down. In my case, I was a little irked to have been jerked around and supporting some girl and her daughter for over a year. SHe only admitted another person could be the father about 10 days before the DNA test. HOW CONVENIENT!! So, I felt like I'd been jerked around and the gig was up. I also felt bad for the kid as we had built a relationship.

The mom freaked. SHe got drunk and went nuts thinking about what she was going to tell friends and family. SHe also apologized for all the crap she put me through (how thoughtful).

The kid - what a great kid. Luckily she slept through her mom's drunk episode. Perhaps she felt something odd those first few days but now she still recognizes me and is allows a familiar relationship. I still dig being with the little one. Anybody who meets her will.

SO, there can be some emotional grief for you if the news shows you are excluded from paternity.

There could be repercussions for all of you, including family and friends.

But...... If there is doubt, then most likely your friends have doubts and the child may have doubts in the future.

Put the issue to rest and get it done

without trying to sound judgmental or sanctimonius, for 600 bucks for a test plus flights to Singapore, you must have really wanted out to go to that trouble. in the end was it worth it? What did you end up doing once the negative result was out?

ts

probably best you do.

calling ALL the women in a nation (potential) whores is about as far from an innocuous remark as you can get. the word potential hardly excuses you.

call me obtuse, but i simply cannot see how your remark has any redeeming value or could be construed as anything but bigoted. we are all potentially all maner of things good and ill. the fact that you limited it to thai women and whores is significant whether you choose to admit it or not.