Multi Entry Non Immigrant O Visa / Extension of Stay less than 8 weeks in Country

Hi All,

Has anyone successfully obtained a Multi Entry Non Immigrant O Visa based on marriage from the UK lately?

I have recently married a Thai national and plan on applying for a visa next time I am in the UK. I work at sea 8 weeks work followed by 8 weeks holiday, as I am only ever in country for 8 weeks at a time I don't think I will be able to obtain a 1 year extension of stay based upon marriage given that you can only apply in the last month of your 90 day entry. 

I had planned to drive to Hull Consulate to get the Multi entry visa in person but have just read that they only issue single entry now . I will only be in the UK between 18th and 20th December between leaving a ship in Europe and flying back to Thailand. Possibly London still issue multi entry?

Has anyone obtained a 1 year extension of stay with multi re-entry permit without being in the country for over 2 months?

Cheers,

Mark

Hull can still issue the multiple entry visa but the application has to be approved by the embassy.

If you apply at the embassy you would pickup your passport the next day at 11 am.

If you can't get the visa while in the UK you could get one in Savannakhet Laos.

You could apply for obtain an extension based upon marriage with a 8 week stay. To overcome the problem of needing to apply during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you could get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Hull can still issue the multiple entry visa but the application has to be approved by the embassy.

If you apply at the embassy you would pickup your passport the next day at 11 am.

If you can't get the visa while in the UK you could get one in Savannakhet Laos.

You could apply for obtain an extension based upon marriage with a 8 week stay. To overcome the problem of needing to apply during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry you could get a re-entry permit for the 90 day entry.

Actually, I think the re-entry permit (frustratingly) would not be a solution. It works out like this:

• Days 1-56 in Thailand
  • Re-entry permit keeping rest of 90-day entry intact
  • Days 57-112 at sea

By the time he returned, the 90-day entry is over.

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Actually, I think the re-entry permit (frustratingly) would not be a solution. It works out like this:

• Days 1-56 in Thailand
  • Re-entry permit keeping rest of 90-day entry intact
  • Days 57-112 at sea

By the time he returned, the 90-day entry is over.

If he had a multiple entry visa or if he got a single entry non-o at a nearby embassy or consulate he could do a new entry or get the visa just before he leaves which would allow it to be done.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

I see what Ubonjoe means, getting a single entry non o visa in a neighboring country  before I am due to leave Thailand (say Feb 2017 sometime), then getting a re-entry permit issued for my 90 day stamp, returning to Thailand after my 8 weeks at sea (April 17) and then getting the 1 year extension of stay based upon my 90 stamp issued in February with re-entry permit. This could actually work for me. Or just a multi entry non o from Savannakhet would work fine too. 

I shall still see if possible in the UK, but if not at least I have some other options.

It would be nice to get back into the system of 1yr Extensions, once the first one is done the following years should be easy....unless more rules change!

2 hours ago, Mark79 said:

It would be nice to get back into the system of 1yr Extensions, once the first one is done the following years should be easy....unless more rules change!

I hope that the annual extensions do fit into your schedule. Some have found it difficult to fit into the window to apply for the extension and going back at the end of the "under consideration" period. This is especially so as some offices will create problems if you are not at home when they come to verify that you are a bona fide married couple.

Edited by BritTim

I recently obtained the visa in question, in Glasgow.

It has to be approved by London, so it took 48 hours.

All that was needed were copies of the marriage certificate, wife's ID card and passport along with £125 fee in cash.

Edited by The Fat Controller
Grammar

2 hours ago, The Fat Controller said:

I recently obtained the visa in question, in Glasgow.

It has to be approved by London, so it took 48 hours.

All that was needed were copies of the marriage certificate, wife's ID card and passport along with £125 fee in cash.

Thanks for the info, Glasgow is a lot more convenient for me than London. I take it you visited the consul in Person? 

Think I have left myself a bit short on time to obtain the multi entry non o as I will be in the UK on 17th December, the 19th Dec is the Monday and I have a ticket booked back to Thailand on the 20th. 

I have a non O multi entry visa based on marriage which i get each year in Savannakhet each year, I also work at sea and am home for 8 week periods and not have to worry about leaving as i get ninety day entry  on each entry and no need for a re entry permit as it is a multi entry and there is no number of entries you can make with in the year. So for me it works fine to have this visa as a seaman that is coming and going from Thailand. 

I have never had any problem getting the visa each year and it just 2 day out of the year each year to get a new visa. 

Happy Days 

7 hours ago, Mark79 said:

Thanks for the info, Glasgow is a lot more convenient for me than London. I take it you visited the consul in Person? 

Think I have left myself a bit short on time to obtain the multi entry non o as I will be in the UK on 17th December, the 19th Dec is the Monday and I have a ticket booked back to Thailand on the 20th. 

For most consulates, you can email them scans of all the required documentation in advance for prior authorization, make an appointment, and the consulate can issue you the visa while you wait. Thus, if the 19th is a free day, maybe it would be feasible to get the visa in time.

7 hours ago, BritTim said:

For most consulates, you can email them scans of all the required documentation in advance for prior authorization, make an appointment, and the consulate can issue you the visa while you wait. Thus, if the 19th is a free day, maybe it would be feasible to get the visa in time.

That might work out perfect, I could email off all of my documents the week before, even send originals (excluding passport).

I emailed Hull Consulate yesterday to see if there was any possible way to obtain the visa in such a short time but had no reply yet. 

I have had a reply from Kaya at Glasgow Thai Consulate, but no reply from Hull yet.

Glasgow informed me that just recently they had instruction from the Embassy that no consulate in the UK can issue multi entry non immigrant visas. Singe entry Non Immigrant visas can be issued by the consulates but the applications must be approved by the Embassy, documents can be emailed in advance and the single entry visa issued on the day you visit the consulate.

Looks like I will have to get a single entry visa for now and make plans to visit London when time allows or Savannakhet.