Where To Spend New Years Eve In Cm?

kurtgruen

Hi,

My wife and I have decided to close the restaurant for New Years Eve and New Years Day.

We want to go to Chiang Mai, spend some time with family there and then go out somewhere to party.

We are looking for a place where there is a countdown, balloons, hats and all that stuff, maybe a glass of cheap bubblies at midnight and dancing. A buffet would be nice, too.

The cheaper the better of course, but the fun factor is more important to us than the price.

We have our accommodations already, so we are not looking for a place that offers a package.

Anyways, I didn't see a Chiang Mai New Years Thread yet, so I thought this would be a good time to start one :o

Hi,

My wife and I have decided to close the restaurant for New Years Eve and New Years Day.

We want to go to Chiang Mai, spend some time with family there and then go out somewhere to party.

We are looking for a place where there is a countdown, balloons, hats and all that stuff, maybe a glass of cheap bubblies at midnight and dancing. A buffet would be nice, too.

The cheaper the better of course, but the fun factor is more important to us than the price.

We have our accommodations already, so we are not looking for a place that offers a package.

Anyways, I didn't see a Chiang Mai New Years Thread yet, so I thought this would be a good time to start one :o

last year i spent nye in hot shots,quite a good night,countdown etc.very busy

this is a good place if you prefer mainly fun loving thais with a small percentage of farang.

im sure places like bubble,x cite(x - zone?) warm up,vol 1,horizon, spicy(cough) etc will be packed also

not sure where we will spend it this year,maybe some recommendations?

what is the new 'lucky bar' like,anyone know?

but im looking forward to xmas and year in c mai again,we arrive just in time for xmas eve:)

THE RIVERSIDE..no question, had all the things you mentioned and a big firework display at the end..even though this was provided by The Good View restaurant next door, as the display was on the other side of the river everyone at the Riverside was able to see it. There must have been 500 people in there but everyone got serbed when the wanted..no waiting..they woould dish out funny hats, party poppers, funny noses and glasses at various intervals...a remarkable display of management skills.

Last year was the BEST NEW YEARS EVE I can remember, and I will be going again this year.

STILL trying to work out where to go for Xmas dinner though!!

THE RIVERSIDE..no question, had all the things you mentioned and a big firework display at the end..even though this was provided by The Good View restaurant next door, as the display was on the other side of the river everyone at the Riverside was able to see it. There must have been 500 people in there but everyone got serbed when the wanted..no waiting..they woould dish out funny hats, party poppers, funny noses and glasses at various intervals...a remarkable display of management skills.

Last year was the BEST NEW YEARS EVE I can remember, and I will be going again this year.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions, I have been to Hotshots many times a few years ago, too and really liked it back then. Riverside, I better get my butt in gear and check for reservations, if I want to go there for New Years. I know those places fill up fast.

I went to Brasserie the other year for New Years and it was o.k. It is one of my favorite places for listening to good blues, but not on New Years Eve. The service tends to get a little slow there, when they are busy, so maybe I'll try Riverside this year, thanks.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions, I have been to Hotshots many times a few years ago, too and really liked it back then. Riverside, I better get my butt in gear and check for reservations, if I want to go there for New Years. I know those places fill up fast.

I went to Brasserie the other year for New Years and it was o.k. It is one of my favorite places for listening to good blues, but not on New Years Eve. The service tends to get a little slow there, when they are busy, so maybe I'll try Riverside this year, thanks.

The Riverside does not take bookings for New Years Eve...10 of us went, but myself and a few of the lads got there at 5,30 and snarked the last table in front of the river while all the girlies and oldies were getting ready and arrived about 8pm,,so we were well on our way by then...but the secret is to GET THERE EARLY.

PS..Forgot to add...no dancing but lots of midnight kissing going on..except for my Mate who decided it would be a perfect time to have a blazing row with his Girlfreind :o

But they made up in the Chiang Mai Saloon at about 3am...alls well that ends well :D

The Riverside does not take bookings for New Years Eve...10 of us went, but myself and a few of the lads got there at 5,30 and snarked the last table in front of the river while all the girlies and oldies were getting ready and arrived about 8pm,,so we were well on our way by then...but the secret is to GET THERE EARLY.

PS..Forgot to add...no dancing but lots of midnight kissing going on..except for my Mate who decided it would be a perfect time to have a blazing row with his Girlfreind :o

But they made up in the Chiang Mai Saloon at about 3am...alls well that ends well :D

Hmmm, I thought somebody said they have a dance floor, but if they don't, I guess it will have to be somewhere else. I am also not ready to sit around from 5:30 on to get a good seat. Thanks for the info.... The search goes on...

I'm looking for someplace good, that offers all the New Years Stuff (hats, whistles, baloons at midnight and maybe a glass of cheap bubblies) for 1000 Baht or less per table (hopefully this includes a set of a bottle of whiskey and some mix).

We probably won't be able to confirm our reservation until December 22nd, when our friends arrive from Bali, because we have to see where they want to go too.

I know, it's a tall order, but maybe somebody has some ideas? (not bubbles, not spices and not a lady bar)

Thanks

PS..Forgot to add...no dancing but lots of midnight kissing going on..except for my Mate who decided it would be a perfect time to have a blazing row with his Girlfreind :D

Hmmm, I thought somebody said they have a dance floor, but if they don't, I guess it will have to be somewhere else. I am also not ready to sit around from 5:30 on to get a good seat. Thanks for the info.... The search goes on...

I'm looking for someplace good, that offers all the New Years Stuff (hats, whistles, baloons at midnight and maybe a glass of cheap bubblies) for 1000 Baht or less per table (hopefully this includes a set of a bottle of whiskey and some mix).

We probably won't be able to confirm our reservation until December 22nd, when our friends arrive from Bali, because we have to see where they want to go too.

I know, it's a tall order, but maybe somebody has some ideas? (not bubbles, not spices and not a lady bar)

Thanks

You are a very hard Man to please..there may well be a dancefloor..I was far to busy enjoying myself to notice..so if you are not going then we can safely leave it ten minutes longer before we get there :D

You wait till Dec 22nd...and then see whats available then

have a good evening wherever you end up :o

PS..Forgot to add...no dancing but lots of midnight kissing going on..except for my Mate who decided it would be a perfect time to have a blazing row with his Girlfreind :D

Thanks

You are a very hard Man to please..there may well be a dancefloor..I was far to busy enjoying myself to notice..so if you are not going then we can safely leave it ten minutes longer before we get there :D

You wait till Dec 22nd...and then see whats available then

have a good evening wherever you end up :o

Sounds like good advise, thanks :D